Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Father and son project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by East End Riders, May 14, 2011.

1. East End Riders

East End Riders

I been reading here for a couple of days as a guest. Figured I would sign up and share my project.

1985 gmc s15 that has been converted into an s10. Truck started it's like in a fleet of dog catcher trucks in Carsile, PA, then a guy bought it in an auction and threw a 355/th350 in it. After that, another guy in Monasses, VA bought the truck as a parts truck. He took everything he wanted and sent me a message on a v8 s10 board asking if I wanted a FREE s10 with clean title, I just had to get it home. So, now starts my journey pretty much starting from scratch with my s10. Beware folks, here comes a lot of pics... Lol.

On the trailer awaiting to come home.
    [​IMG]

Got it home.
    [​IMG]

Parts that came with the truck.
    [​IMG]

I was stupid and put a crap load of stickers on the truck.
    [​IMG]

Took most of the stickers off. Washed the truck to put it away for the winter...
    [​IMG]

I thought my time to work on the truck was done till spring..
    [​IMG]

I traded a 83 ford t bird for a .030 over 010 4 bolt main block, 700R-4 tranny along with a holly 4160 600cfm carb.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then, I traded my old 3 wheeler for come corvette rally wheels with original center caps and beauty rings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After a good while, my dad let me bring my truck up to his place, and we tore into it....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. East End Riders

East End Riders

New floor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Front springs in. Belltech 2 inch drop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Truck on the ground.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rear rally wheels installed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The motor.
    [​IMG]

Motor going in truck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Motor in truck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. East End Riders

East End Riders

[​IMG]

First time outside after motor swap.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Doing final touch ups before first test drive.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. smarg

smarg

Read the rules dude. Pre-'64.

Seriously not a hot rod, more along the lines of a mini truck...

Popcorn ready..

5. Well, Well, Well, In your excitement and overzealousness to show off your "new" project you neglected to realize what kind of message board you are posting on. Your in the wrong place pal. Nothing newer that about 1965 is hardly ever talked about here. Maybe take a second to figure out where you are and regroup. Hope I was gentle enough with you. See ya later when you buy a hotrod or custom. Some won't be as nice as me.

6. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Corn's a poppppppin!!!

Attached Files:

7. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Close or delete this thread fast or be flamed by the best there is around here!

8. handmedown40limited

handmedown40limited
    from tracy ca

9. not bad, you're only about 20 years off. if you build as well as you read, will your project be remotely safe?

10. jax59

jax59
    from nor cal

popcorns ready. cmon boys let em have it

11. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Give the guy a break. He just wanted to show his Father-Son project just missed the HAMB deadline that's all.

12. Nothing wrong with a later model project, I'm looking at an off-topic, pro street project (doubly wrong for the HAMB) myself right now BUT... I won't post it here because IT DOES NOT BELONG. It shouldn't be so hard to believe given the world we live in, but I still find it mind boggling that people jump into things before they read the rules or simply consider them "not applicable" to their own special circumstances.

Build a pre-65, non-rat ride and then come back - you'll be openly (if not exactly warmly) welcomed.

Here's the understatement of my post - why not try one of the mini truck sites that would actually embrace this project - must be a ton of them out there in cyber world.

Steve

13. clockwork31

clockwork31

he's 16 yrs old and proud of what is probably his first ride... Just not at the right place to show it... You should have read a bit more before posting...Especially the rules.

14. BlueGhost

BlueGhost

I looked at all the pictures, but I never saw what vintage body you are putting on that donor chassis.

15. its even a long bed......

16. East End Riders

East End Riders

You're right, I did misread the rules. Sorry about that guys (ladies?). We do have a 67 el camino, but as I read in an above post, nothing newer then 65.... Also got a '50 studebaker champion.

Sorry once again,
    T

17. concreteman

concreteman

Cool ride you and your dad built - and you are a very fine young man and a gentleman

18. nice job what are your plans for the studebaker can you show some pictures just glad to see a kid involved

19. shadams

shadams

Awww, I feel bad.....For what its worth, I think its cool. My first "hot-rod" was a 86 Mazda b-2000 that we crammed a ford 302 in. Was frickin awesome then, def a POS if my current self went back in time and saw it. Good luck with it....

20. C'mon guys quit busten his balls! Eveyone has to start somewhere, if gets his start with something he can aford, who knows, maybe we have our next great hot rodder right here! I realize what this forum is all about, and love it, I'm just say'en that a guys gotta start with what he can afford. Any way I wouldn't want to show me up!

Fenderless

21. Lets see the 50 Stude instead

22. Yes, you are on the wrong message board but good work by you! My son and I are working on his newly acquired 87 Mustang not HAMB worthy but its his time, money, and car choice.

He did gladly helped me over haul the head on my 53 Chevy over the winter.

Keep the faith!

23. East End Riders

East End Riders

Pics of the studebaker, my pap bought this car a couple of years ago from the origonal owner. We are doing a semi rebuild correcting a couple of things.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I mean, atleast I am sticking to good ol carburated v8 power... I been in a few arguments over them VTECs and fart cannons.... I just tell them I'll see you on the strip.. If it wasn't for my dad, I'd probably be into them VGAYs an fart cannons.... I can barely afford to build this truck, and if it wasn't for my dad helping fund me, It probably would be sitting in the driveway still with no motor, springs, shocks, ect... I have been turning wrenches since my mom had a 76 mustang Gia, and dad did a frame off resto on it since it was my mom's first car... From there he got a 74 camaro, now he also has a 85 s10 but his is a extended cab short bed strictly for drag racing.

Thanks for the kind words...

24. East End Riders

East End Riders

The studebaker has the origonal straight 6 with 3 on the tree. Car came with a spare motor. Car sat in this guy's garage for over 20 years. Both motors need a good freashening up. Pap rigged up a couple of things in the ignition system so he could drive the car home. Paint is 35 years old. All trim is origonal. The upholstry has been redone about 26 years ago according to previous owner. Guy was a real cool older man, probably lats 60s early 70s. He also had a 57 Edsel. I never seen the Edsel, just seen the shape of the car through the car cover. Kinda reminds me of the Stephen King book "From a Buick 8." Kinda creepy lookin thing...