Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 Ford, daily driver get's a shave!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crashhead, Apr 16, 2011.

1. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

I absolutely love the interior!! Probably a pain in the ass to clean though!!!

2. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Looks like a whole new car! Looks like you had a solid base to start out with.

3. Well yeah, it wasn't bad at all...basically needed new clothes that's all.
    I'm not patient enough, nor do i have the time for a big project on my daily driver. We made all this whenever we had time during a span of a few weeks...

Mostly just fun and on a very low budget. Anyone can do it.....

4. edweird

edweird

I love everything you've done..............except, the scallops on the door lines. But thats just me.

5. toucan

toucan
    from sc

i am feeling the lines!not everything should look like you think it would!

6. BEAR

BEAR

i like the video man

7. Thanks man!! Yeah, i mean look at Watson and the guys back in the days..They sure did not only paint straight scallops...There was alot of weird paint schemes being painted.
    Nothing wrong with straight scallops, but i am just a little bored with that style and wanted to do something else...

8. Wow! Looks like an "old school" custom already! I like the way you did the "scallops".

9. 21tat

21tat

Great lookin car! Thanks for posting.

10. edweird

edweird

dont get me wrong, i'm not blasting your car.i really do like it.i just dont like calling attention to the doorlines. keep up the good work.

11. Nice car! That interior is very 'different' and like someone said before, i'd imagne it'd be a total pain to clean!
    But to the point, Love everything youve done with it!

Jackson

12. Thanks alot man, we're just trying to have fun, that's all! And yes...when it comes down to cleaning it..haha, it'll definitely be a challenge :)

13. Well, You known what they say, No Pain, No Gain ....Right? haha

Jackson

14. toucan

toucan
    from sc

you need one of those fist picks! that would keep the interior fluffed up!

15. Kerry67

Kerry67

Cool as hell......Please give it to me. I like it all.....

16. Going about 90 mph down the freeway with all windows down kinda fluffs things up pretty good too....

17. toucan

toucan
    from sc

tell us ho you shaved the door handles!do the interior handles still work? ho do you open the doors please let me know i wan to do it! thanks!

18. Well, we removed the doorhandles, and made a template of cardboard to cover the hole. Then cut out a piece of sheet metal and welded it in there. Grinded it down, smoothed it out and painted it.
    We have remote door poppers for the doors and trunk..Nothing complicated but it works!

19. toucan

toucan
    from sc

where can i check out the remote door poppers? im all over not complicated!

20. Well, we bought ours from Speedway Motors.....

21. toucan

toucan
    from sc

where did you mount the release buttons?

22. gohst58

gohst58
    from dallas

I like it , looks killer:cool:

23. Thanks man!!

24. 510madmav

510madmav

Have you done anything else to it??

25. Anything else??
    Well...i mean you can see the mild custom treatment we have done on the pics, part from that nothing has been done..It's just a daily driver. We will get rid of the annoying mufflers though, since the car sounds like a trumpet when you step on it. Maybe add some Lancer caps..there'll be some pinstriping on the hood and trunk.

If we keep it, we'll re-paint it after the summer..

26. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Hey im lookin to do an angel hair headliner on my pontiac. any tips or suggestions?? i wanna do it right the first time ;)

27. Well...be sure that you have the inside of the roof very clean, use really good adhesive and use a friend or two to hold the angel hair up. Be patient and take your time..

It's not always easy or fun, but it's worth it. Good luck!!!

28. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Alright. Did you use the spray on adhesive? I tried that to put up the insulation and it just sent these little streamers of glue onto me and my seats.. which i dont dig. Also, what did you do to clean the roof? did yours start out that brown rusty color with bits of the old insulation left over?
    THanks

29. Yes, used spray adhesive...Once i sprayed it right onto the metal, after sanding it down bare metal and cleaning with laquer thinner. On the '59 we adhered it to the original headliner.
    Everything needs to be super clean though...

30. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Thanks for the response. I put up the angel hair in my car a few days ago, and took it down the following day, It looked pretty good, but for some reason it was getting on my nerves. Luckily I got a deal on real headliner so its going in this Friday :) I really like the style your grocery getter has, its definately different than the rest, good job!