Register now to get rid of these ads!

front leaf spring lowering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ronk16, May 13, 2011.

1. ronk16

ronk16

Ok fellas which leafs do I remove in the stack to achieve my drop without rendering the springs useless, looking for 3 to4 inches.....59 f1oo

2. derpr

derpr

every other one, but 3-4 sounds like alot

3. jmdc

jmdc

Is this (every other one) a rule for any leaf spring drop?

-Justin

4. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Reversing the eyes is worth an inch an' a half or two inchs. Did it last night in the garage on a Model A front spring.

5. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

I've done this to a lot of Chevy ADs but never a Ford. With that in mind....I've found out th hard way that any more than two leaves results in a harsh ride. I take the first and third, which gives me about 3".

If you can gather up the money I'd highly recommend a 3" dropped axle from Sid's...that in conjunction with one or two leaves will put you in the dirt:)

6. I took out every second leaf on my 64 F-100. Came down 3". At first I had about 3/4" before it hit the bump stop, but now it's settled and rides right on the bump stops.
    It actually still rides half ass decent though.

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Rule of thumb I was told decades ago was remove 3-5-7-9-11, odd numbered leaves, always keep number 2, whether front or rear spring.

8. ronk16

ronk16

sweet ......thanx fellas, gonna try the odd leafs,,,,7 spring stack, bye bye to 3 and 5.