Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ball Joint dust boots--Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODSURFER, Feb 16, 2011.

1. need to find replacement dust boots for upper and lower ball joints
    for a fat man front suspension i am guessing 60s-70s mopar ball joints

2. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Have you looked at HELP!

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2. All of the chain auto parts stores have universal replacement ones.

4. nope..didnt even give that a thought....thanks!!!!!

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

I could not find any locally from Help!. did get some from rareparts.com (source for suspension parts, in Stockton,CA)

6. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

I work at a Federal Mogul facility and we make the Moog brand, I think I may need some pictures of your ball joints and I may be able to recognize the part number, I may need some other info as well. Can you post some images, or give more details? I know we make some ball joints for Heidts.

7. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I bought some from HELP...a waste of money as they rotted out in 6 months....

8. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

What about the red ones (and other colors) at the chain store parts stores (energy suspension product?)

9. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

I just orderd some from Horton Hot Rods $5.00 each. They are in Canada but an excellent company to deal with.

10. You beat me to it!

11. I agree, Horton's is good to deal with. However, they don't have what I need. I bought the Heidt's boots they sell for IFS and the bottom flange is too fat. My uppers won't close tight together now.
    I took one old out and it has a flat steel flange. Anybody seen these? I got IFS used and no stamping on it to Mfg?
    Thanks Doug

12. aaggie

aaggie

I called Fatman to ask what year MOPAR joints they used then bought them at NAPA.

13. I think the MOOG number is 722 for the ball joints. Upper ball joint for some Mopar applications. Not certain, but it'll give you some direction.

14. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

You might also check out Energy Suspension they have some universal sizes,I used them on my '54 Ford tie rod ends.

15. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Moog K772 65 73 dodge full size upper ball joint.....that's what most use....with fatman its anyones guess.

universal boots from energy can be found here http://www.energysuspension.com/universal-products/tie-rod-end-dust-boots.html