Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any HAMB members younger than 30?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cakes, Dec 3, 2010.

1. 5ifty4our_210

5ifty4our_210

I'm 25, and just joined the forum today, but i've been on and off the site checking out members rides and soaking up info here and there. My first and current car is a 85 Olds Cutlass, yep I'm a Gbody guy at heart, but my 2nd love is old 50's chevys and classics in general, didn't want to become a member til I picked up a project of my own, been searching high and low and stumbled across this '54 210, my next project, as a matter of fact, i will be picking it up tommorrow!

[​IMG]
    here it is currently

[​IMG]
    nice complete car, chrome is great shape

[​IMG]
    this is my g-body olds cutlass...

2. cakes

cakes

heck yes, seems like there are more young guns than I expected. Here is the 54 210 I just traded for,the fun stuff should start soon.

[​IMG]

3. smarg

smarg

I'm 15, almost 16..

I bought a chopped shoebox one year ago now.
    Still stashing parts away for the build up.

Started welding about a year ago. I needed a welding project? My stupid mini bike build got under the gun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. just sly of thrity,
    got a 68 superbee thats dressed up like a 69 1/2 A12 car with a 496 6bbl, car looks factory fresh. also got a 50 dodge buisness coupe witha bone stock circa 1951 331 hemi, the car still wears the original paint and looks like a complete stocker. my latest project is a 25DB 5w coupe that will run an underslung suspenssion on a 31A frame, salt flats chop& channel and a 292 hemi filled with A311-EX1 parts and topped with six 94's

5. Smack021488

Smack021488
    from Chicago

im 23 had my bel air about 2 years and love it. i also have a 71 chevy c-10

Attached Files:

6. DirtLateModel2c

DirtLateModel2c
    from Plum, PA

Im 28, raced circle track for a few years before that got outta hand expense-wise and politically with track owners and what not. My father was always into hot rods and racing in general, so after I quite racing it was a natural progression to get into hot rodding.
    Built the '53 F100 a couple years ago with my father. 351SCJ, 5spd, stock straight axel and front suspension.
    Bought the '55 Caddy from a family friend that had passed away, completely original with 34k miles.
    The 34 Ford pickup is a current long term project, plan is to put my '53 flatty and 4spd in it.

Attached Files:

7. Hawks

Hawks
    from Floyd, VA

Hi i just turned 17. The 62 chevy step side is my first truck. 235 and three speed in the floor is pretty sweet. I also got a 60 chevy long bed im working on. has a 305 with 283 heads. I rebuilt the carb and got it runing, i have done all the work myself. i hope to learn how to paint soon so i can get my 60 on the road.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. pie pie

pie pie
    from missouri

I'm 24 with a 63 galaxie. Slowly working on. [​IMG]

9. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

I'm 26 and my current collection of cars is chopped 34 ford pickup, 1936 ford 3-window(chopped with a 304ci flathead, cyclone quick change etc), 1937 oldsmobile, 1940 ford Tudor, 1940 ford sedan delivery, 1947 Chris craft custom sedan, 1950 chevy pick up, 1950 chevy suburban( mustang ii, 427 big block automatic 9" ford rear) 1950 chevy 3800 deluxe panel, 1953 mercury convertible, 1953 Chevrolet 210 club coupe(chopped 5" shaved mustang ii polished stainless control arms, 9" ford rear air ride) 1954 Nash metropolitan( 1800cc mgb engine)

Obviously I'm not married....haha

Past rides 40 Willy's old drag car, 31 ford Tudor with a nailhead chopped 5", 64 impala ss409 convt, and piles of project cars I've bought and sold

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  10. handmedown40limited

handmedown40limited
    from tracy ca

I'm 27 and have had my Hamb friendly car since I was 17 and lots of other old muscle cars

11. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

Im 23 had 11 and drove them all daily old cars and here what I got now

56 ford 2dr mainline
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chopped 53 bel air
    [​IMG]

59 impala trying to button up the 348 3x2 4 speed

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  12. Just turned 30, My first car at 14 was a 68 Chevelle, I had a 79 Z-28 mullet mobile in high-school, a 70 chevy shortbed done sorta salt-flats style with moon caps and louvering, it had a 375Hp 396 and turbo 400. Have also had 2 1930-31 coupes, and a non-hamb 87 notchback mustang that I built from a shall into an 8-second street terror. Sold the black coupe to finish the mustang, and sold the brown coupe to buy a new Tig welder. Couldnt live without another Model A, so I sold the worlds biggest money pit mustang to get back to my roots and bought a 31 AV8 Roadster pickup with a 36 Ford Flathead and 3 spd. Currently Putting a wiring harness into the RPU, and doing the finishing stuff, shocks, shock mounts, exhaust, etc. Also putting in a hand-clutch setup as I am paralyzed. It is wonderful to see all of the young guys into older tin, especially the number of 14-15 year olds! I know I have had my face in a Hot Rod mag every day of my life since I was 8 years old! Do it right, and go to school. I am just finished today, but I am about 8 years behind everybody else my age who went! If you want to have nice stuff, go to school, or learn a trade...... Looks like there may still be hope for our hobby! For you older guys, take a neighborhood kid under your wing, it keeps them out of trouble and keeps our hobby alive by getting them interested in the RIGHT stuff.

James
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Hemizach

Hemizach

Yessir, 19 here out of Erie, PA. Paid apprentice at a private shop here locally, and starting my first project very soon. 27 T - modified roadster with a 318. Waiting to sell my OT truck, but I have purchased the engine and trans already, and have people holding onto this T body, a model A frame, and ford 9"

[​IMG]

14. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Just out of curiosity, on this 27 Touring body, what are your plans on hw to address where the back doors were? I ask because I have a few of them, and if I build one I want to hear other ideas on how to make it not look like a cut down touring.

15. eghatch15

eghatch15
    from NC

im 27
    im am working on my grandpas 49 f1. I will post current pics when i get some.
    this is when my grandpa used the truck for construction way back when
    the 2 little girls are my moms older sisters
    [​IMG]
    This is where it sat for 27 years

[​IMG]

16. Hemizach

Hemizach

[​IMG]

I was considering two options really... both start with cutting off what's left of the "floor" and rockers from the back half of the body. That will all be cut out and replaced with new steel to smooth it out.

Option one for the back of the body to solve the door issue was to cut the whole rear corner (where the second jam was/is) and make new corners for the body that will blend into both the sides and the rear section.

Option two was cutting straight down the center of the rear of the body and along the bottom and moving the two halfs out to where they meet flush with the side of the body and adding a strip of steel in the middle to fill the new gap.

More than likely going to try the second idea... a little more welding and cutting than option one I think, but if I do it that way I don't have to add as much new steel.

Whichever way I choose I know it's going to be a lot bigger job than it seems. It'll be a good test and some good practice for metal fab/finish though!

17. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Almost 26 with a '28 coupe I've had for two years this fall.

18. 48buickkid

48buickkid

Im 18 been through a couple of cars 1968 cst chevy longbed, 1966 caprice, 1971 camino, but i finally got my dream vehicle gonna hopefully within 20 years make a two door round top 1948 buick roadmaster sedan out of it i love the 40s cars

Attached Files:

19. eghatch15

eghatch15
    from NC

Here are some more pics. We moved it from my grandmas to my house yesterday, now the fun begins.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. cakes

cakes

Good luck with it, the cab looks like its in pretty good shape, Have fun. What are your plans for it?

21. Im turning 21 in 2 weeks. And heres a project that i started a couple weeks back.

[​IMG]

I just about had it on a rolling chassis, then decided i didnt want a low-rider/street rod. So now im boxing the original frame and making it a hi-boy styled hot rod.

[​IMG]

Just a basic SBF 347 with an AOD trans, 4" drop axle, banjo rear end, nothing to fancy. just a little hot rod.

Hoping to have it "running" by this winter so that i can finish the interior/exterior work while its cold outside.

We'll see how my schedule goes.

22. xmb63

xmb63
    from pittsburgh

I'm 27 heres my 54 210
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. wouterftw

wouterftw

[​IMG]

I'm 24 at the moment and bought this '50 Shoebox from a HAMBer a couple of months ago. It got some fresh paint last week.

24. MeathooK

MeathooK

Im 29.. This is my 58 Fairlane. It has a 332 Interceptor and runs great when the charging system is working.
    [​IMG]

25. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

28 with my speeder that was 3 years in the build- see the sig at the bottom for pics.

26. ToDieFor

ToDieFor
    from MN

I'll be 30 next April. :eek:

27. eghatch15

eghatch15
    from NC

Thanks i want to put some sorta ifs in the front lower it and make it a reliable daily driver

28. D-Day

D-Day
    from NW Ohio

I'm 24. Got a stalled '54 Plymouth Savoy project and a '60 Cadillac flat top driver. Plus 3 other non-HAMB related vehicles and 2 motorcycles. Well, one motorcycle. The one is down for the count right now...too many projects/hobbies and not enough money. I never was one for good judgement...

29. kevo

kevo
    from Keller, TX

I'm 27... bought my 62 caddy when I was 23...

on the way home the night i bought it
    [​IMG]

as of yesterday
    [​IMG]

30. Kingsway

Kingsway

I'm 27 and am currently working on a '52 Dodge Kingsway (Canadian model similar to a plymouth concord)