Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Stray Kat 500 May 6, 7 & 8, 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Nov 29, 2010.

1. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

The one year I'm not able to make it, and it sounds like the perfect weekend! Thanks to all who have posted photos and shared some of what went on. I look forward to being there next year

2. carnutt66

carnutt66

Mick, I had a great time in Dewey this weekend at the Stray Kat 500. Hope to be back for many years to come.

3. DiamondEyesDeVille

DiamondEyesDeVille
    from Hope, Ar

Mick, We had a great time. Perfect weather and a great atmosphere. I'm definitely going to be bringing my Caddy next year. The show had a great turnout and Pushrod definitely put on a good show Saturday night at the hotel. Mike startled the heck outta my sister when he ran after her and laid on the ground in front of her playing his guitar! We made our reservations for next year also. Thanks for the excellent weekend!

4. Toptinman

Toptinman

Mick, and everyone involved with the SK500, thanks again! We're already looking forward to next year! And, to whoever made the Ladies Choice trophy, thank you very much! Great job! It taste great. Wasn't expecting it to be chocolate! Hmm, just wondering if the boobies are going to be milk chocolate? :confused:

[​IMG]

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aaron's wife (Haylee) baked that one to give away. She has some skills...I don't
    know what you will find in the boobie area. Milk choclate would have been a kool
    idea. I think that you won the koolest trophy, not too many win a trophy that you
    can eat. Very Kool!!

Happy Trails, Mick

6. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Is the Stray Kat 500 Hot Rod Heaven? I think maybe so. I had a great time up there this past weekend. The show was laid back and had some great quality cars with very little pomp and circumstance....Everyone just kind of chilled out all day and had fun. The three legends that were there were awesome. Then when Gene Windfield came out on the dance floor while we were playing on Saturday night I was freaking floored and got a chill that wouldn't go away.
    I also had a lot of fun singing my ode to Ron Myers........Oh yea and I got to see Monkey.....

Mick great job again. I want to go to the Starliner now.

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Mike, your Deuce sure turned out right. Very Kool, and just purrfect, if I had some
    extra I would have to try to buy it from ya... Ron likes the "Umm bop" song, He does his
    best paint sling'n to Hanson. LOL! You had another great performance playing slide down the
    slide, While Drew tour it up with the Yo Yo.

Pushrod at the Starliner? I wanted to ask ya guys all weekend but I didn't know if Jimbo
    could play in Wichita again. Let me know and we will make it happen.

Happy Trails, Mick

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm glad that you had a good time. The Stray Kat Kool factor goes way up when Pushrod
    gets a rolling.

The show really sucked the guys are just saying this too make ya feeel bad. Sorry Duncan,
    the HAMB can be a meen place. See ya in a couple of months.

It was kool to see ya guys again, we hope to come visit some day..

Very Kool, it is always good to see guys having a good time. We look forward to seeing the Caddy hopefully this year.

Kool to see that you had a good time. The wagon is way too kool!

9. SamAndrews

SamAndrews

Mick I had a blast! You put on a hell of a good show! Defiantely one I won't be missing in the future.

P.S. I was the lucky SOB that got to be Pushrod's roadie for the weekend.

10. oldskoolgasr

oldskoolgasr
    from oklahoma

Had great time and got to see alot of good freinds. Can't wait till next years.

11. buckd

buckd

Mick, Thanks for a great party. It will now be an annual event for me for years to come. I appreciate very much the Award. Glad some one appreciates my addiction as much as I do. BUCKD

12. 47 Cruiser

47 Cruiser

Mick,

Great event, as usual! Enjoyed the run out to Prairie Song with the cookout afterwards on Friday and the turn out on Saturday was fantastic. Wish we could've stayed for Sunday but had to get home. You guys always put on a great event. Don't know for sure if I can make the Starliner or not, have to wait and see what September brings. Hopefully will see you in Springfield in a couple of weeks.

13. wahoo54

wahoo54
    from Oklahoma

Of all the times I would have loved to make the show my daughter graduated college that weekend. Looks like I missed a hell of a show Mick! Next year!

14. tjmercury

tjmercury

Hey Mr. Mick, we sure appreciate you all letting us take part in the show, it was GREAT! It sure is nice having a show this awesome only 30 miles off my doorstep. The whole family had a great time and it is already on the calendar for next year.

15. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for coming up, It was kool to meet ya. Pushrod's roadie? Kongrats, that is a very
    kool titile. They're one of the reasons that we have a successful show. Welcome aboard!!

Your Willys looks good going down the track but I love to hear it rumble through the
    streets of Dewey. Kool to hear that you had a good time..

Your fastback carries one of the koolest chop tops that I've seen. It was kool to see it
    running around town. You've joined up with a Kool group of guys, I'm proud to say that
    the Kustom Kings are good friends of mine.

Kool to hear that you had a good time. I love Sculley's idea bunch of us Okies driving
    accross the border this year to come visit our Arkansas friends. Looking forward to the
    rest of the season.

Sorry ya missed it but you had a very kool reson. Kongrats on the graduation and I wish
    your daughter well. In a couple of years, my son will be graduating College and usually it
    is the same day as the show. He is going to a local Christian college so we may have to
    step out for a few hours. Don't know how we are going to work that out. Hummmm?

Thank you for being there and it is kool to hear that your family had a good time. We try
    real hard to make it a family friendly event. Sorry that you had to travel so far we tried
    to find a closer place just couldn't find get it done.

16. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Hey Mick,

Sorry we couldnt make Dewey, but its looking like we will have a whole bunch of Lonely Knights at the Starliner this year. Can't wait till then.

Big Rich

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to seeing ya guys in Salina. Hey Rich will you pm me your email address,
    I have some art work to show ya. I know it is about time. LOL!! I need to know what ya
    like so I can have it done by Salina.

There is a lot of Kool stuff to look forward to this year...

Happy Trails, Mick