Register now to get rid of these ads!

Report from the shop...deuce content

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rolf, May 9, 2011.

1. Rolf

Rolf

It is just amazing how many of us are affected by cancer and my best thoughts goes out to all who have to deal with this.

There is a life on the other side and you do apprichiate every day.

2. Rolf

Rolf

You can spot his work, eh? Indeed it is Adam. I could not be happier to have an axle dropping pro live 10 min from home!

It looks great and he did the spindles as well.

3. racer756

racer756

Family first! Im glad too see you having some fun again.
    Thanks for sharing.

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Heck yes! His stuff is always perfect looking! He has done zillions... A good friend too, we miss him down in this neck of the woods.

5. Rolf

Rolf

Well, you are not getting him back, we are keeping him here :D

I have more work for him.

6. Rolf

Rolf

[​IMG]

OK, off with the rear spring...

[​IMG]

'40 spring with teflon installed.

[​IMG]

Every time I do this I tell myself that I should make myself spring spreader.
    Oh well, this works.​

[​IMG]

With 6 leaves on a '40 Ford spring the shackles are exactly at 45 degrees, I will paint the shackles black, this is nothing exciting to look at.​

[​IMG]

The rake is virtually unchanged but now I have tons of suspension travel, up and down. It is also smooth and quiet. I think it will be very comfortable. ​

7. McFly

McFly

Nothing exciting to look at??? That is pure sex right there! LOL!

I can't wait to see the lettering come off.

8. Family First!!!

Welcome back, I love this build.

9. HiSpoke

HiSpoke

Rolf, here are some thoughts from Sweden.

/Jörgen

10. Deu55

Deu55

Welcome back great news about your wife.You 5 w is very nice love the mods your doing it's looking better each post...Rod..

11. rat seeker

rat seeker

I loved your A build, but I think I prefer this one. Great job!

12. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Much better and a driven deuce.Nice to hear of your wifes better health!

13. Good to see you back again....I was inspired by your coupe build (along with a few other hambers cars) when I was coming into the hobby years ago as a young buck.

The detail and photos from your build helped me gain some confidence that I could actually scratch build a car myself.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is.... thanks...haha...you've made your mark in the hotrod world by sharing your work and your great attitude.

It's awesome to hear your wife is going good...must be a wonderful feeling to be able to cruise down the proverbial highway again after a couple years of just spinning the tires.

Nice 3-2!
    -Steve

14. flamingokid

flamingokid

Sorry to hear you've gone through so much.I'm currently Day +84 in my Stem Cell transplant for Leukemia and I'm having my bone marrow biopsy this morning.I know what it's like to put ones life on hold.Two thumbs up on the coupe!

15. sodas38

sodas38

Glad to have you back, great to hear things are better at home!! Coupe looks awesome and great work.

16. nvr2lo

nvr2lo

Glad you are back and you're wife is in remission. Hoping health and happiness in the future. Oh the car is amazing too.:D

17. Rolf

Rolf

Thanks for sharing, we all go thru shit and what you are dealing with must be rough. Good thought coming your way and good luck!

18. Rolf

Rolf

Geeeez guys, I did not expect this kind of "reception" Actually, I am embarrassed. I did not mean to make a big deal of it.

I was merely compelled to share why I fell off the "face of the HAMB" in case anyone wanted to listen as I was posting some pix on the new toy.

19. SlamIam

SlamIam

Glad your wife is doing better, and I admire your priorities.

I have learned so much from your builds.

20. shoestring

shoestring

Thanks Rolf! Your threads are super helpful and inspiring. Best wishes for you and your family. The 5W is looking tough, can't wait for updates.

21. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Awesome Rolf!! Glad to see you back at it and Gald your wife is doing better!!

22. I like it! :D

23. Eh rolf good to see you enjoying life back in the shop! Car looks great! See ya this summer sometime...

-Shiny

24. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Rolf, like most other HAMBers I have drawn inspiration from your first coupe build thread. I am really glad Ryan made his post today and I can see you are back. Obviously it is a Godsend that your wife pulled through and certainly you view life differently now with a different perspective on what is truly important in life.
    I read this post and the other site you linked to. Would you describe in more detail how you separated the original reflector from the old lens? Thanks and welcome back!

25. Rolf,

Like the other guys, welcome back. Glad to hear your wife is doing well, and really, she comes first.

I caught the end of your Model A build, and was super impressed, so I cannot wait to see the rest of this one.

26. Rolf

Rolf

On the Chrysler light I just ground off the steel edge until the lens was freed.

On the sealed beam halogen I just split it with a steel cutting wheel. I put the cutting wheel in a stationary position and then just spun the light around.

Normally I would recomend using an H4 reflector so you can replace the bulb if it burns out, but the sealed beam is what I had laying areound the shop right now.

You end up melting the glass more than actually cutting, but it removes what you need.

Hope that helps.

27. So glad to hear your wife is doing well. As has been mentioned, you have your priorities in the right place. But glad to see you back in the hot rod world. Maybe you already talked about this but my question is, did the Model A coupe go away ? That was such a cool car. A Deuce 5 window is a pretty good replacement though.

28. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

glad to have you back. glad your wife is on the mend. and glad you're doing what you do with hot rods. that 32 is killer.