Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dickster 27

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by amadeus, May 11, 2011.

1. amadeus

amadeus

let me tell you about Dick York aka Dickster27....

I purchased some items from him and had a shipping mishap (not Dick's fault). I contacted Dick and made him aware of the issue and he immediately took care of the problem,lightning fast!!! Even at an obvious out-of-pocket loss Mr. York took care of the situation .I would like to praise Mr. York on his attention to customer service and quick responsiveness. Thank you Mr.York! you are a true Gent and an asset to our Car community!!

Best,
    Jon

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Sounds like Dick is a stand up guy!

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Dickster is a pretty stinkin' cool guy!! I have to agree!!!

4. 6inarow

6inarow

Dick has helped me on my inline carbs. glad to have him as a friend.

5. It's good to hear about someones good experience rather than a bad one.

6. agreed x2

7. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep! Mr. York is a ruler, for sure! He's helped me with a TON of carb stuff over the past few years. Definitely a stand up guy and very knowledgeable of early fuel systems.

8. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

yup. that is the dick i know.

-danny

9. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I don't know him, but he sounds like a good Dick.

10. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

It's positive things such as this which make choosing who to go to if and when the time comes for certain parts a no brainer.

11. brady1929

brady1929

Dick is a great guy for sure

12. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Now THAT, is at least a little funny.

13. Definately funny , but I don't know Dick.LOL

14. He's a stand-up guy for sure! He knows a little bit about carburetors too...... but most importantly he know a ton about good customer service! :)

15. Tony

Tony

I will add my thoughts as well.
    I sold a 4x2 intake, and another vintage intake to Dick a few months back when i needed to pay some bills. Not something i wanted to do, but, had to.
    About a week or so ago on a whim i sent him a note wondering if he still had the 4x2, and if he decided to let it go to please let me know and explained why i wanted it back.
    He responded by simply saying "Just pay me what i paid, cover shipping and the small amount i paid to have it blasted and it's yours"

It may not be much to some, but, to me it was VERY nice and not something he had to do, because i know as a complete set up it would have been worth a hell of a lot more, and probably more just as a bare intake.

I have my intake back, and have a great deal of respect for Dick, how he does business, and as a person in general.

Tony

aussie oldie likes this.
  16. The world needs more Dicks like Dick York....mmm that did not come out right....
    anyway Dick is the man to see about carbs, intakes and related parts. Fast service good parts. (he might even tell you about how to use a newer power valve in a Holley 94)

17. I bought a few items from him and it was nothing but a great experience!!

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  18. billsat

billsat

You won't find a better guy to deal with than the Dickster. He builds beautiful carbs, like the tri-power set up he built for my 500 Caddy, but more importantly he's simply a great guy to deal with. I spent about an hour on the phone with him while he answered every stupid carb question I could think of, and never lost his patience with me. If you need carb work he's your guy.

19. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

I've been dealing with Dick for many many years now. All I can say is he's a great guy who knows how to treat people!

20. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I just recieved a piece from Mr. York and I must say I am more than pleased...I am hoping that I will be getting something else very soon from Mr. York. the "Kosmikart" needs them. Thank You Dickster27 for everything now and in the future.

21. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Dickster27 has been around these parts along time..stand up guy..

22. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One more for MR York !!!
    He provided all the really trick pieces of linkage for Frank Morawski's Carrillo Roadster. They were absolutely period correct for 1951 and were the perfect finish for the 3 strombergs.

Dick is a really great guy to deal with

23. sling392shot

sling392shot

I don't post a great deal but The Dick is...A1

24. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Dickster is right on. Anyone that reads through my Holley links and needs parts and stuff should be contacting him for sure!

25. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Had him do the tri power for my Y-block and it is a thing of beauty.

Great guy and easy to deal with. When I get it installed if I have any tuning issues he will be there to help.

Attached Files:

26. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Sounds like Ol Dick is hard to beat..............

27. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Wow, thanks guys for all the very kind accolades. It's this kinda stuff that makes what I do worth while.

28. I have a pair of small base WCFB's the fit the 291 DeSoto Hemi...which was a single 4bl engine...

29. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Dick's a standup guy, and does awesome work!

He did the carbs on this Cadillac flatheadintake for me, a couple of years ago.

Attached Files:

30. 6deuce32yblock

6deuce32yblock

dick has done 3 sets of carbs for me over the years and the work has always been topnotch.doesnt mind spending the time on the phone helping with tuning issues after the sale either. getting ready to send him my 4th set....