Register now to get rid of these ads!

Torn O.C. or Showdown

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtpoor, May 8, 2011.

1. dirtpoor

dirtpoor
    from maryland

I'm really trying to make up my mind.Don't know which show to go to.Got to go to the showdown last year and had fun and so did my boy.Been going to OC for 10 years and stay for free and have fun.The showdown is only about 45 mins from me.Just don't know what to do.CRAP

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

pretty easy decision...if you dig thumper Camaros...OC
    if you dig hotrods.................the Showdown

3. Spike!

Spike!

Really?? You're joking, right? If you have to ask yourself that question, then you'll have to ask yourself a lot more questions...wow... really?

Spike!

4. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get 'em Spike........I remember the tongue lashing you gave me when I asked the same question...........Showdown is the only place to be May 21st

5. Ocean City will be filled with folks who think they are hot rodders. Latimore Valley Fairgrounds will be filled with people who really are hot rodders.

6. Latimore is the place to go,O.C. is like hot rod t.v.

7. poprivit

poprivit
    from Hagerstown

I use to do O C , no more! Haven't been there since they started creating those bogus traffick "slowdown" areas about every 10 blocks or so. Showdown here we come.

8. 34dodgehemi

34dodgehemi

I'm in the same boat this year but not between OC and the Showdown, that's a no brainer, Showdown all the way!!! This year's showdown happens to be on the same day as my brothers college graduation. So I'm a little conflicted???

I'm leaning toward Showdown with a really nice graduation gift...... Like maybe a showdown shirt and poster!!!

9. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

You could always go to both like im doing , oc fri and the showdown sat . yah its a lot of running around but hey, what the hell right :D

10. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

brother's graduation.

11. dirtpoor

dirtpoor
    from maryland

OK I got it now OC thursday and friday. Come home friday go to the showdown saturday. Good idea woodpecker.Then the british motorcycle show sunday.Thnk you all

12. ....Glad you got that sorted out. Just don't bring any of that O.C. sand back with you to Latimore. This is some hallow ground here and we don't want to spoil the mud with some 'ol beach sand:).....Don.

13. i always heard there were no dumb questions, but this proves the differ...SHOWDOWN!!!

14. dirtpoor

dirtpoor
    from maryland

OK promise no sand will wash my vehicle off when i leave.Jeez never thought me question was that dumb.

15. just jaggin' ya... hope to see you there!

16. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

LOL this is a tough one for me too. I've been wanting to go to the Showdown since I got my car on the road last summer (obvious choice for hot rods). But for the past 4 years my friends and I have all been going to OC that weekend. Unfortunately I've already got my hotel at the beach reserved. Maybe I can convince all my pals to got to the Showdown next year. It's a heck of a lot closer for me.

17. shocker998md

shocker998md

Well Ill be at OC, I was going to go to the show down but its also a family members graduation. If anyone needs anything in the OC area give me a shout, I check the hamb daily.

Ill be in a white and red F100.
    Kenny

18. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

I'll keep an eye out for you.

19. I'll be doing OC for the 16th year! I would love to do both, but it has become a big "family and friends" event for us with lots of cruisin' over the four day weekend. Besides, I like "muscle cars" too, as I grew up in the sixties, owned a few and like the "over the top" power trains some of these cars run. Mainly it's about the "cruising"!

20. 46mopar

46mopar

Go to OC in the fall.

21. .....ha,ha. It wasn't dumb at all. We're just raggin' on you some. There's a lot of great stuff to see in O.C......and the cars ain't bad either. If you are a dyed in the wool, old school hot rodder there's no place like Latimore on that week-end. Enjoy whichever one you go to and be safe.:).....Don.

22. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Showdown Handsdown!!!

23. I too will be doing both. A lot of friends go to OC every year. Been going since the first one and I still enjoy it. Yeah there are a lot of muscle cars, and a lot of out and out race cars with tags slapped on them, but I have a free place to stay, so I'll be there from Tuesday until Friday. By then, the weekend crowd starts showing up anyway and it gets to be a real cluster fuck, so I'm outa there! I'll head up to the Showdown Saturday to watch them play in the mud!:)

24. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

Ocean City for street rods & billet stuff

Showdown for Real Hot Rods

25. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

OC = muscle car scene.
    Jalopy Showdown = hot rod scene.
    Choice is yours. What turns your crank ?

26. Verminator

Verminator

Just Stay Home !!! Read about both later, view all the pix, then regret your decision forever..... .........( correct answer is SHOWDOWN )

27. scarylarry

scarylarry

Yeah, sand in a wedding dress sucks! ;)

28. dirtpoor

dirtpoor
    from maryland

Look at the pictures thats a good idea then I don't have to spend the money on gas to go either place.Yes I like that idea:D

29. tommyganly

tommyganly
    from seaford de

i will try to go to O.C. on Fri night Im supposed to go to closing on a house that day so i'm not sure if i will make it.

30. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

I believe the Fall O.C. is the same weekend as Hershey. Another no brainer.