Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need wheels on my pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elcamino65, May 11, 2011.

1. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

I am buiding a 32 highboy pickup and i have nice set of 35 wires with w/w i want to run. Now im getting cold feet about the wires and think i need to go ETs of Radirs something big on the back but i dont realy no what all is out there and what looks good on this style truck so i need some sugestions.

Something llike this

Attached Files:

2. I like the Cadillac wires from the early fifties if you have a rear end they will bolt up to.

Charlie Stephens

3. i don't know if american made wire wheels are any different than british wires, if they aren't run something else, the ones I know are constantly needing truing, although wire wheels do look awesome in my opinion....

4. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

I like the look of the wires and i have a set but now im feeling the calling of going to a different style but im not sure what.

5. How about steelies? HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or salt flats,,

[​IMG]

or 5 spokes,,,Jeff's truck is one of my all time favorite Hamber builds. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  6. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

What bolt pattern are you looking for and what size? I have some old school Ansens slots that have never been mounted. I will have to double check, but I believe they are 5x5 1/2 , 16 x 8. I have never seen this size before in an Ansen. They do have the original center cones also. PM me if these are what you are looking for.

7. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

HRP Thanks for all the suggestions I love the salt flats and the 5 spokes. Do you know where I could find out the size of the side spokes on the red p/u.

Coolbreeze i have a 59 ford nine inch rear and 55 f100 front brake and hub set up.

8. Shouldn't be too hard,,just shoot Jeff Norwell a PM,,it's his truck.HRP

9. The Cadilliac wires I referenced in my post didn't look like they belonged on a bicycle. The car was 5000 pounds and it was driven by people that didn't understand maintenance.

Charlie Stephens

Attached Files: