Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Had to show the turbo guys how it´s done.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by its_a_nick, May 11, 2011.

1. its_a_nick

its_a_nick
    from Sweden

At a local car show..

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Your camerman needs a telephoto lens. Looks like fun. Gary

3. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Cokker Tire will be expecting your call !
    Looks great by the way.

4. Dont need a translator to understand those moves.

5. yeah baby smoke those tires!

6. pcterm2

pcterm2

love the smell of tire smoke in the morning:D

7. 76cam

76cam

Thats awsome way to shock and awe the crowd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Seems like unnecessary abuse to a car in a land where replacement parts must be pretty hard to come by for a little attention

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^While it's true burning rubber in a Swiss Miss would be more fun but you could die doing that also. Looked fun to me, Happy

10. Just when you think it's over, another couple spins......
    Looks like Fun....

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

'Cept Switzerland and Sweden aren't the same country.;)

12. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

:eek: :( :eek: :D work with me here, I still have sleep in my eyes

13. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

Ummm....what are you doing on a site geared towards hot rodding if you think like this then?

Sound like an old grandma.

You dont know his resources, and he may drive it nicely any other time, and just wanted to have some fun.

Looks like fun to me.

14. farmer12

farmer12

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

15. those poor tires, what did they ever do to you, heh smoke em if ya got em.....

16. That looked more like senseless abuse than "hot rodding" to me. But hey, we all look at the world differently newbie;). A tire could have easily blown (I've seen it) and hurt someone in the crowd. Or it could've blown a tire and sent the car completely out of control. But hey, if that's YOUR idea of "hot rodding", then maybe I am a grandma.(or maybe you need to grow up)

17. I don't know Groucho.....you might be getting soft.....I mean that custom in your avatar is nowhere near as bad ass as some of the other stuff of yours I've seen....:rolleyes: ;)

BTW I'm on the same page as you.....I haven't done anything like that since I was a kid and broke a u joint while busting a brodie

18. SecretAgent

SecretAgent

Pretty sure that was a burnout contest. Something that's been going on since the dawn of hot rodding. Who are you to judge how he drives his OWN car or does to his OWN tires? Looks like the crowd had a good time too. Take it easy with the buzzkills man. The setting looks pretty safe to me. Certainly moreso than a late night street race.

Just sayin. :cool:

19. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

lol....so first it was about replacement parts...now its about people getting hurt. You might see that its an event, not some random foolishness. Just feel like being pissy today?

Why yes, I am a newbie on here, but I also know how to install LED 1157 tail lights, without asking people. ;)

20. Wesley

Wesley

this could get fun, newbies tangling with Groucho

BTW I have never seen the sense of abusing a car like that, ringing its guts out on the race track yes, burn out competition, not so much,,,, to each their own... you pays your monies and you makes your choices

21. But you can't figure out how to do an intro.....

22. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Hitchhiker

Take it easy on the FNG,

He did figure out how to spell Phucker with out the F......

FNG's shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt............

23. SecretAgent

SecretAgent

lmao, i've always love how internet forums base credibility on post counts above all else. wtg guys!

i'm done, back on topic!

where was this filmed at? looks like a pretty elaborate show, post some pics/more vids!

24. The reason I didn't know the requirements of LED's is because I've never installed them, but heard there's a possibilty of needing a relay. In the event that was valid info, I didn't want to "tax" my customer's electrical system and cause future problems. So, I ask questions when I'm not sure. It's called learning. And as far as being pissy...no, I'm not. I was just expressing an opinion of which I'm entitled to do so. I like to preserve/improve my cars...hopefully for the next person that may be as passionate as myself....rather than purposely beating the snot out of it because I'm starving for attention. And yes...you're right, it's about both parts and people's safety. I'll be sure to know that you're one of those that needs it pointed out to them in the future.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  25. I wasn't "judging" anyone. I was expressing my opinion.
    Burnout contests since the dawn of hot rodding?? Maybe YOUR dawn june bug, certainly not mine.

26. lowelife

lowelife

Looked like a guy enjoying his creation. To each his own.

27. dizzamn! or space aliens could swoop down out of the sky and anally probe ya.

28. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

FUUUUCK YEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

todo HOT ROD!!!!

29. Hack Attack

Hack Attack

30. cyclesounds

cyclesounds

I do love a good burn out. Love the smell of burning rubber. Not when it comes from under my hood though. Personally I would not do it because I know how much tires are these days.