Register now to get rid of these ads!

Things to do in Boston?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ajmopar, May 11, 2011.

1. The wife and I are going to Boston for a few days to sight see - any Hambers in the area who can give me some auto related sights I must see whilst there?

Thanks in advance for any help! :D

2. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

The Lars Anderson Museum in Brookline, Mass (just out of Boston) has a great collection of early cars. They have normal operating hours and sometimes they have car shows on the weekends.

3. awesome, thanks!

4. X55GasserMan

X55GasserMan
    from CT

O/T Things: Bunker Hill, USS Constituition, Hike the Freedom Trail through downtown Boston, Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market. Alot of great historical things if your into that.

5. Our Hotel is not far from the freedom trail, so we are going to do that - I am a history fan so the things you mentioned are definitely on the list.

Hadn't seen anything on Quincy Market, thanks for the tip!

6. duck boat tour is fun when will you be here

7. csimonds

csimonds

CODZILLA (http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/codzilla/) if it is open..... Right at the pier by the aqauirium and you can get duck tours there also. Catch the Blue man group and the Charles playhouse, that is a great show. Boston is my favorite city of all time!
    Chuck

8. 61falcon

61falcon

have a tea party, get some baked beans.

9. cyclesounds

cyclesounds

Whatever you do....get the insurance with your rent a car....people drive crazy as hell there. My rental got hit at night....streets are very narrow. OT, but if you like Jamaican food...they do some awesome Jerk Chicken there in Jamaica Way.

10. no politics, and the wife doesn't like it when I fart :rolleyes:

11. That looks cool - 1800 H.P. - 40 m.p.h. - loud tunes sounds like fun!

do they play Aerosmith, Boston and the Boss Tones?

12. rlsteel

rlsteel

the food in china town is great. second on the duck ride. RLS

13. Swifster

Swifster

If you like Go Karts, stop at F1 Boston. Awesome track(s), though it can be a little expensive. It is worth it.

14. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2 on the Aquarium.

15. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

if you like horses and horse racing...check out Suffolk Downs. We buy horses out of there for retraining all of the time. Its home to the Mass Handicap

Quincy Market is awsome.

beware of the drivers in Boston...they are worse than NYC drivers. They will literaly push you through the stop lights and i'm not lying.

If you like baseball and Boston Red Sox...you have to stop by Fenway

Boston is one of the oldest cities in the United States so there is a lot of history there

Newbury Street is famous for its "old feel", storefronts and cool shops.

Boston Common is the oldest public park in the US

Adams National Historic Park is the birthplace of John Quincy Adams

Bell-In-Hand Tavern is pretty cool and its the oldest continuously operating Tavern in the US.

Like i said; lots of history in Boston, lots to see. Food is great everywhere so stick away fromt he chain resturaunts and emerse yourself in the local foods

16. familyman14

familyman14

When will you be here? I will check for car shows.

17. http://www.oldride.com/events/massachusetts.html there's like 10 shows / cruises I am also going to be in mass visiting family so I may have to check some of these out. also one that's not on the list is there is a pretty good car show at skips on the 21st in merrimac, a good drive from boston but well worth it....

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  18. mtburger

mtburger

Maybe you can go to the the South Shore Antique Auto Club swap meet at the Comcast Center.

Nothing like dragging home some rusty metal when your on vacation...

5/14/2011 - 5/15/2011 SAT. 6AM-4PM SUN 6AM-4PM MANSFIELD 2011 SSAAC TRADING BEE, INC. Comcast Center, 885 South Main St., Route 140, Mansfield, MA

Mike H.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  19. Thanks guys, lots of good ideas - swap meet may be a tough sell with my wife though!

20. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

All the sites mentioned above, And don't forget seafood!! The best in the world!!
    Try Legal Seafood, Anthony's Pier 4, No-Name Restaurant (if still open) and be sure to head up a bit north to the Nahant and Marblehead area. Fried clams (with the bellies). My mouth is watering as I thnk of it. Enjoy it all, there is SO much history and sites to see. Oh, yeah, Durgin Park for a real traditional New England meal. And not so rare, but the North End has the great Italian restaurants. I could go on an on.
    Damn, I MISS Boston.

21. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

What dates are you coming to Boston?
    Our shop is 35 miles NE of Boston, and there's always cool shit to see.
    Check out: www.paulrussell.com.
    Shop number is: 978-768-6919.
    Best regards,
    Alex

22. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Tell her you'll drop her off at the outlet mall in Wrentham. :D

23. madhman

madhman

Go to cheers, everyone know's your name

24. Battleship Cove.USS Massachusetts,subs PT boats.Lots to see.We have been there several times with the kids and I camped there twice when my kids were in the scouts.

25. As mentioned before the DUK tours are great.If you decide to go on them,ask for Frank Palmisano to be your driver.Frank is an old time gearhead and crazier than hell.Looks like he could be Dom DeLuise's twin brother.Tell him Ray Smith said hello if you see him.
    Paul Russel's shop is like a candy store if you like serious old cars;pre-war Mercedes-Benz and Bugattis.Alex(Alfin here on the HAMB)will give you the 50 cent tour.Tell him I said hello as well.
    Someone mentioned Skips in Merrimack;great cruise night and good food to boot.
    Too many restaurants to mention and they are ALL good!I miss Massachusetts too,but not the crazy drivers.

26. Went there, did that, would recommend it to anyone on this board. Thanks again for the tip.

Food was awesome, duck boat was great, ran out of time to see everything, will be back.

Currently stuck at the airport with a 3 hour flight delay. Gonna be a long day at work tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone for the ideas.

Andrew

27. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

The museum of science

28. Pete

Pete

My wife doesn't like it when I fart either, that's why I spend most of the time in the guest bedroom giving myself dutch ovens!

Pete-

29. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oooh, that. Not sure why I did not remember that. Don't miss it.

30. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

If you ever get this invitation. don't pass it up. One of the highest end shops in the world. More a European or sports car shop, but if you appreciate craftsmanship, this is the place to go.