Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally at road...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by akseli von gardan, May 11, 2011.

1. Yes!

Now i got my roadster on the road , and it feeeels good!

[​IMG]

Here´s a snapshot at Lake Saimaa , ice has just melted from the lake and car has bikini-top allready on :)

Summer is here!

2. QQMOON

QQMOON

Good on ya well done

QQ

3. narlee

narlee

Great car and great photo. I have ancestors from Finland and I know my great grandparents lived in Pyhajoki. It looks like it's a little distance from where you live. Enjoy that nice car.

4. Sakke

Sakke
    from Finland

Great-looking ride and scene Akseli!!

5. Thanks , it´s even more enjoyable after long and hard winter!

Summer seems busy , every weekend going to have at least two happenings on somewhere in Finland , so i try to make my mind where to go :p

6. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Nice ride---drive it like you stole it.

7. sololobo

sololobo

Wow!! beautiful roadster, very nice photo by the lake. Looks like you are in for a fun summer. Thanx for showing us the knock out hot rod, keep on keepin on. ~sololobo~

8. radio_king

radio_king

Congrats on getting it done.AVG,it was a pleasure to meet you at the last DoDads weekend in June.

9. Outstanding, like everthing about it, 'cept the reflectors on the rear, maybe.

10. chico'72

chico'72
    from Belgium

more pics, more pics....:)

11. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Kool kar .....kool pix.....enjoy.
    "and the bowtie rolls on"

12. brady1929

brady1929

13. Reflectors were there only one day to get it thru tight inspection to get it registrated....

Now they have fallen out :D

[​IMG]

Some of my picks are open for everyone ,just clik here : http://s3.photobucket.com/home/Akseli/index

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not so many picks yet , but have to someday wash the car and go somewhere with a landscape and shoot some angles.

14. Thanks , it´s petty that they decided to end organice DDOBW anymore :(

I was there every year and it was absolutely BEST meet at Finland , let´s see what happens , does the empty space that this decisson made , fullfill in the future?

It was allso nice to meet you , and i think we see again :)

I took a look at your pictures , nice ride and the steering wheel is amazing , i think i saw the article or discussion about the tech to make old steeringwheels look like that. Australia (?) was the place???

Keep on rodding!

15. C0ra1l1

C0ra1l1

Enjoyable summer AVG! I'm looking forward to seeing your rod in some weekend happenings around.

16. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

I like the army green color.

Nice Rod. (said in a deep manly voice)

17. bykerlad

bykerlad
    from australia

Bet your still smiling,fantastic little roadster.

18. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Simply awesome.......!!
    Good for you, now go out and have fun with it!!
    Cheers,

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for showing us what is obviously a well built little roadster. If you did the work (or most of it) your to be congratulated. Your car would show well against some of the best here in the states.
    My only advice would be to keep the gas tank full and drive it every opportunity you get. WELL DONE!!!

Frank

20. And it "Feels good"..looks good to. Nice roadster.

21. draggler

draggler

Diggin the bikini top !

22. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Yeah, that's a neat top!

23. Thanks for comments , and yes ,it´s a fully home made ,in the house build , starting from sandblasting framerails (with home made blaster) and welding it together with tig and mig(boxed and tube-k-member) , upholstery were done by my wife and my self , with a Brother-sewingmachine , i broke at least 7 needles :D.

Olive green paint i choose to be flat couse i dont wax cars , and this think only looking better when it´s dusty. I sprayed it outside at fall time when all the flyes had died during freezing temperatures at night , daytime it was + degrees , so it worked deasent enough.

I´m working on with the overdrive transmission , i try to use 6 volt solenoid with hd resistor and a switch on the sifter (my car is now 12 volt) and i have discarded the original kickdown and other releys from the system ,it seems that governor is out of the game allso , because it´s grounded all the time , i assume that it should connect the ground after 26 miles per hour....

24. It would be an amazing car here, but collecting everything to build it there, double amazing.

25. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

26. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Wow! Great little ride to take to the Russian border crossing and do donuts with to entertain the Ruskie guards. Post a video if you do.

27. hasty

hasty

Very nice - congratulations!

28. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Nice car. Love that fatman steering wheel. Enjoy.

29. Just tested the overdrive , i hook it up so that i have a resistor from old coil , and first it was not giving enough voltage to actuate the solenoid ,but when i jump wired the resistor for a second , and make the action with 12 volt , after that the keep up amp is so low that coil resistor works fine , giving 7volts to the solenoid , and i believe it will survive the 12 v pulse without a hickup....

It works like charm , rpm drops nicely when cruising 60 mph :)

30. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND

Cool hot rod again , AvG! Hope to see it somewhere on the road!

Luckily we have Turku Kustom Show! www.turkukustomshow.fi
    Not whole weekend though, but possibly only(?) car show in Finland that has only rods, kustoms, built motorcycles and bicycles, plus same audience as Do-Dads has had, and year limit pre-63.