Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects bead roller work.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ram48, May 10, 2011.

1. Ram48

Ram48

Here are some pictures of a rear panel I did for a friends 1963 Mini Cooper. Im new to bead rolling and have just added a home brewed VSR motor and foot pedal to a manual BR that I bought from Court Jester on here.
    Please leave comments and any helpful tips and tricks. I have seen the amazing work done on here and that has inspired me to improve my own skills.
    Ray

Attached Files:

2. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

you should put this in the bead rolling thread. Nice job!

3. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

does he have the back seat my brother needs one for his 61 mini it got cut for the roll cage

4. oj

oj

One thing that i find to help with the stress imparted into the panel as you do a radius etc is to leave the wheels loose on the roller shaft. The bottom one will tighten itself but the top will stay loose, the pinch will drive the wheels and when you do a turn the wheels will have a little independance. When both wheels are tight you do a turn the panel gets jacked out of shape and won't even lay flat, this helps to minimize that problem.
    Looks good. Esp the circle.

5. Ram48

Ram48

Id like to but cannot find that thread do you have a link to it?
    Thanks

6. Da Tinman

Da Tinman