Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 Chevy 210 2dr floor help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 shaker, May 10, 2011.

1. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

Hey guys I have a 57 chev. 210 2dr. post I have another 55-57 chev frame to put my body on. The problem is the floor of the body is so rusted out from front to back it makes me sick.Every floor panel and supports rotted out big time. I'm wondering if I can save this thing . Has anybody replaced the whole floor and if so will the floor from say a 57 4dr work or should I bite the bullet and replace the panels and each support as I go. I know you can buy each floor panel and each support but damn it seems overwelming to me right now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

You can buy a full floor pan...about $1500 last I checked. I don't know if a four door would work since it's a bit longer that a two door floor...but I'd bet there wouldn't be that much difference and you could cut and paste.

R-

3. Ricks57

Ricks57
    from San Diego

Hi,
    If the whole floor is bad I'd replace it in one piece. Much stronger.
    Rick

4. ditto- go with the complete floor section if you have the equipment to replace it in a full piece, or they come in halves or quarters, whichever is easyer for you to handle and or afford.....bigger the part, bigger the shipping

5. 1320/150

1320/150

I put a 1 piece in my 150 2 door post. If you have the ability to get a "pristine" 4 door floor do it. It is the same. I say "pristine" because that would be the only reason why I would go through the trouble of removing it. I got mine through tamraz on e-gay. 999.00 to my door. It is 20 gage and fit great. The taiwan floors in my opinion are better. They are an actual 1 piece,vs. the U.S.A. stuff that has two pieces spotted together down the middle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

Thank you all for the advice I'll look for a 1 piece.

7. I have not heard anything bad about the one piece floor. Save yourself the disappointment and frustration, DO NOT BUY FROM TAMRAZ.

8. THE BRONSON

THE BRONSON

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/2365617949.html

I dont know this guy, but saw this pic the other day. Not sure how much shipping would be but its worth a try.

9. 1320/150

1320/150

why? I have had great service!!

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Floor pans are same whether two or four door.

11. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

Yep. What he said. Floors are identical front to rear on 2 and 4 door sedans and hardtops. Wagons are different aft the rear footwell. I have only used patches tho, never needed a whole pan. Looks pretty slick tho if you need one.....

12. ray@cruisinstyle.com

[email protected]
    from florida

I got mine from J&E Chevy in Florida for about $1150. They are close enough so I picked it up myself. Ed just passed away but Judy is still running the company. Yesterday I removed 95% of the floor. I'll have pics up on my website www.cruisinstyle.com in about a week. It will be under "Projects" It will show the braces I made to keep the body rigid so the new floorpan will go back in the correct place. I'll also be replacing the entire trunk pan. I have the roller frame complete and ready to go. That is on the site now - http://cruisinstyle.com/projects/100013/ It's not as hard as tou may think... Instead of drilling all the pinch welds I got some tools from Eastwood called "wackers" Put it on the welds and just wack LOL Worked fine. First I cut out the floor to about 1/2 inch from the seams and then just went along the seams with the wacker... Ray

13. Sarcastic, rude, and lied... about sums it up
    Consider yourself lucky.