Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Kustoms illustrated# 29, can you hear that trumpet....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, May 10, 2011.

1. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Being blown?
    It's mine, and I'm blowing it myself! I only subscribe to one magazine, the practically perfect "little pages" style Kustoms illustrated. Got my latest issue (#29) in the mail this morning, and can report that it is, as usual the best magazine out there. This particular issue is made even sweeter for me as Luke has run a feature on my "kripple kart"! To me, appearing in a publication that has featured so many truly remarkable and historic vehicles is quite possibly the biggest honour that my ride is ever likely to achieve. Thank you Luke, for making my decade and also Steve and Chris at ID creative for the photography. I'm just going to sit here and grin for a while:D
    Paul

2. Rikster

Rikster

Congratulations Paul... Your car look perfect in the new issue of Kustoms illustrated... well deserved!

3. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Rik,that's a huge compliment coming from you.
    Paul

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

Very, very cool, Paul. Congratulations....:)

5. Wow cant wait. I would love to have a vehicle in that magazine. The only true Kustom Magazine there is!!!!! Luke Rules!!!!!!!!!

6. Congratulations, your truck is very worthy of coverage ;). I have not received my copy yet, hope the postman didn't steel it again :eek:.
    Great Truck in a Cool Magazine :D.

7. Gotzy

Gotzy

You must be grinning like a cheshire cat mate, excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

Congrats Paul ! The Kripple Kart is very worthy of a feature ,something else to look forward to reading, now if Canada Post will just get my issue to me !

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  9. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

but you didnt build it so it can't be yours.:D:rolleyes:

Congrats Dude, you've got an amazing ride and you should be proud!

10. rick finch

rick finch

Excellent.....congrats, well deserved.:cool:

11. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Congrats Paul!!! I know the feeling;). I am still grinning! KI is the best mag ever!!!!

12. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

That's awesome, Paul...congrats!!!
    As the others have said, the feature is well deserved.

I can't wait for the pony express to deliver my copy!! :D

13. Congrats Paul, This magazine is great and I wont call it "Little Pages" I would never dare call this magazine that.This magazine has been true to tradition and keeping it real ever since it came out of the womb!!!! Luke knows what time it is and he puts out a great magazine.Paul I dig your ride and it is very well deserved,im waiting for mine to come in the mail.

14. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

So very cool
    Congrats Paul
    and well deserved

15. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I truly meant that as a compliment, as we never had anything like the little pages over here, and the A5 format always seemed more "traditional" than today's usual A4 format. You'll have to excuse my English ignorance:D
    Paul

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, I just an other issue the other day and need to subscribe to it.

17. I didnt mean it like that Paul,I just meant that luke has always been in the small format because thats what he thinks it should be and I like how he does it his way.:D Congrats,I cant wait to see it.

18. Racrdad

Racrdad

Congrats Paul, that is awesome! Well deserved feature in my opinion. Love the Kripple Kart!

19. sololobo

sololobo

Brutha Paul, holy cow man, I can see the grin from my place. This so cool, and so well deserved. Your fFord is smokin hot bro, love it. I will be puttin on an illegeal smile later and joining the grin session. Proud of ya bro, ~sololobo~

20. radio_king

radio_king

Hey man that`s great news and well deserved for sure.I`m still waiting for my copy,can`t wait to see it!

21. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Here's a little story, just to show what I owe both Luke and the magazine.
    Being quadriplegic at my level means my hands don't work so I can't turn pages in a book (make your hand into a fist and try without using the other to hold the book down), which was a real loss to me as I'd always been a voracious reader. I came across Kustoms illustrated by accident during a web search and decided to subscribe, thinking that at least my wife or one of my carers could turn the pages for me. My first issue arrived and sat on the table for a while unread, what with everyone but me having busy lives. Eventually I got tired of waiting and remembered that I had a device called a prodder (short stick with an eraser on the end, slots into a strap that Velcro's onto my hand) sitting in a draw because I had never got on with it. So I got it put on one afternoon, placed my issue of Kustoms illustrated on a nonslip mat in front of me and tried turning the pages with the prodder. It took me all afternoon and evening to get through the magazine but over the hours I got the hang of it. It's still very tiring each time an issue turns up, but I do read it myself because it's that good. I have Luke at Kustom illustrated to thank for at least partially reacquiring a skill that I thought was lost to me.
    Thank you for your time, now go subscribe!
    Paul

22. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Congrats, Paul, you are truly an inspiration to us all, and have built a magazine-worthy car.
    And thanks to Luke for recognizing this!

23. Racrdad

Racrdad

Aint that the truth! I am betting Paul is an inspiration to more people than we realize, I am one of them for sure. I have a few Kustoms Illustrated but just hadnt got around to subscribing but I fixed that yesterday. And even better, when subscribing I got the option to start my subscription with issue #29 or issue #30. Without question I opted to start with issue #29! With all honesty I can say that Paul is one of my HAMB Heros.

24. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Jesus guys,tone it down a little or people will start to talk:eek:

my wife Jane, who has stuck with me through everything, might want to put you straight on a few things.
    Paul

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Sweet! Congrats!

26. teddyp

teddyp

hi paul
    get to hear that luke did a story on your truck as mark said you have inspire many of us keep it up
    teddyp

27. Garrettero

Garrettero
    from Mesa, AZ

Congratulations! KI is a great little mag! I'm going to have to subscribe --I can no longer find it here in the Phoenix, AZ area.
    Very cool, Kripfink!

Garrettero Kustom Photography & Art
    http://garrettero.blogspot.com/