Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

How it started. Pete and I were sitting around and missing our cars that we just sold.
    His was a red 32 roadster and mine was a chopped red 34 5 window(sold to Skip Walls of Lokar). We wanted to build a car for the Fremont drags to show what you could do on a budget and still compete with the big boys(read as $$$$$). We scrounged in our garages and called some buddies and the sedan was what we came up with. This weekend Pete found the original artwork for the shirts and I will be posting a picture of an original shirt from 30 years ago either later today or tomorrow morning. If interested in one e-mail me at [email protected]
    Also, Pete will tell the story of the chassis that was under DiMarco's roadster for about a week. This is really a great story as Pete tells it. Thanks for the interest!

2. that roach. Hell yeah. It is also my favorite tudor

3. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

One of my favorite sedans Go for it. BTW I'm in for a couple 2X T shirts.:D

4. NorthBayArea

NorthBayArea
    from Smyrna, DE

Actually waiting on the edge of my seat.......please hurry!

5. It's Tuesday where's the pix???:D:D Oh it's a little early in SoCal?:rolleyes:

6. Maybe this time it can be the Barakat & Eastwood Sedan? :)

I'm up for a t-shirt as well.

7. chop&drop

chop&drop

Oh, hell yes!!!! It inspired me to build this--------

Attached Files:

Atwater Mike likes this.
  8. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Where's the artwork?! No rush, but hurry up!!

9. Racewriter

Racewriter

NO! Absolutely not!

(I really think they should too, just got tired of everyone saying "yes.")

10. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Here is the artwork for the shirts. If interested, E-mail me at [email protected].
    And we will be at Father's Day in Pomona.

Attached Files:

11. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

12. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

OK Rick, glad to see you're finally going to get a car going again. Maybe I will see you at LARS in june. Do you know if the club is going to have another reunion? Dale

13. I'm down for (2) each large please ! I love that car !

14. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I still have my first 34 5 window. It was blue if you remember.

15. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

No No No , I was at Merced when you guys were driving around the fairgrounds a little sauced, finally I see it without doors on , no headlamps etc with Pwood hanging out , it was too much.

Repeat please :)

16. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

HELL YEAH!!! I need 2 of those shirts. That was by far the best damn tudor built. I liked it even more than the Orange Crate. P-Wood's a legand. What I wouldn't give to ride that one cross country...

Lookin' forward to Mondays now.

17. No news?
    Lars

18. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Here is the story on the chassis. The complete car was sold to Rick Rotondo and Joey DiMarco. That day they took the sedan body off and mounted a glass roadster body on it. The very next day, they drove it over to Pete's shop in Monrovia. Pete wanted to take it for a spin and took off smoking the tires till it was crossed up. When it hooked up, it was headed for a block walled electrical transformer enclosure and caught the right front wheel bending the the front wheel all the way back to the cowl.

Pete built them a new chassis and put the wrecked sedan chassis behind his garage at home. The chassis sat for about a year and a half before Pete decided to fix it. It was sold to Stan Van Amberg. He then sold it to Harold Volker who then sold it to Craig Weiss. None of them ever did anything with the chassis. We think Craig had it for the last 20 Years. Several years ago Pete and I were talking about that car and how much fun it was and that we should buy it back. He contacted Craig several times but it was never for sale. At the Grand National in Pomona this year Pete ran into Craig and asked about the chassis again. This time he said it was for sale and a couple of months later the deal was closed and the chassis was back with us. In retrospect, If Pete hadn't crashed the car or been a chassis builder, who knows where the chassis would be today. Sometimes things happen for a reason...even if it is 30 years later! Let me know if I should continue with the updates. Thanks for your interest.

19. Hell ya continue the updates! And pictures

Cyclone Kevin likes this.
  20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Once again... Hell Yes!!!!

21. Please continue the updates. This is the kind of stuff I come to the HAMB for! You guys are resurecting a piece of hot rod history. That's as cool as it gets!

22. yes please, more updates and more pics.
    Al.

23. ScottV

ScottV

Rick don't listen to any of these guys ... you and Pete should give it up, it's just a bunch of old junk and would be a P.I.T.A.

I'll tell you what I'll do for you guys, because I like to help fellow H.A.M.B.ers and HotRodders. I will come pick it up and take it to the junkyard just to get it off your hands, heck I won't even charge you guys to do it ... that's just the kind of guy I am !!! :p

Should you guys do it ???!!!???OF COURSE !!!!! IT'S A FRIGGIN' IC:cool:N !!!

24. Yes on the updates....

25. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

X2 on this subject .

26. jebs metal and speed

jebs metal and speed

Got my attention! Very cool! Cant wait to see updates.

27. 193257

Bring it on and I'll take an XL. It's Monday and no pics yet.

28. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

In my best James Brown (or worst?) Please----Please----Please--dont go!

Yea, ya got keep the updates going. THIS IS MY FAVORITE THREAD! That is
    one of the Bitchen-est cars ever built!

29. Can't wait to see how this unfolds. I too was influenced by that car.

[​IMG]

30. NorthBayArea

NorthBayArea
    from Smyrna, DE

Looking forward to FREQUENT and PHOTO FILLED updates sir....:D

-Dan