Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What did you all get done this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950ChevySuburban, May 8, 2011.

1. Sonny48

Sonny48
    from Mo.

Dug out the Foremost "Golden Pinto" mini bike...gettin' ready for the Rust Revival

2. sololobo

sololobo

Honey do stuff, spent the day with my incredible Mother in law, love that gal. Sold the 56 Caddy I had listed in the classifieds to a good Swedish home. Sold my 56 Plymouth wagon from the classifieds as well, not feeling real good about that one however, one of my heros on here was interested and we were working on a deal for him later. But the guy came to my house and wifey didn't even know I had this car so it was not a pleasant scene and had to take the dudes $ to keep the peace at the homefront. Did get to hang with xderelict, Rob Lee, and Big Jay as the 56 G.M.C. truck cab of x's was taken off the big ass frame and dropped on the chevy half ton frame, fit so nice, a real victory. So overall a great day.~sololobo~

3. erock805

erock805

Got nothing done all weekend. Wife had a funeral on Sat so I managed the boy and his football games. He kicked ass! Then just hung out with him playing legos and watching shaun the sheep. Sunday was Moms day for the wife. On these days we have a rule...do what the honored wants....so

it was 3 sessions of shopping, two meals out, and alot of just sitting and being together. Not bitching....I just dont sit well and I feel bad when things arent being accomplished...Yeah I know family time is accomplishing but you know what I mean.

Did get ugraded to an iphone during one of the shoping trips...Very peaceful weekend but all I want to do is get into the garage and finish the trunk and floor on the 54.

4. autobilly

autobilly

Oil pump's in and sump's on, not much but better than nothing for the time available.

5. trad27

trad27

Me and the old lady took the A on its first road trip. It was about a hour drive each way through windy canyon roads and I was a little nervous at first but went really good and no problems. I love the over drive in my 5 speed. Here is some pics we took...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

Well I managed to take out yet another stinkin pine tree ( have to finish cuttin the branches down to fit the burn barrell ) :D. After that I decided it was time to get the 62 Unibody at least closer to the garage sooooooo went out and pulled the driveshaft . Then I moved all the other vehicles around so I could get the uni near the garage . Barrowed the Neighbor wd 4 WHEELER and pull ed the uni up infront of the garage . Now all I have to do is finish organising the garage aaaaaand then the Uni comes in to be torn down cut up and put back together :D. Neighbor with the 4 wheeler also owns a 50 foot bucket truck ( made light work of gettin the pine tree down ) 3 more nasty pines to go and I will be happy did I mention I hate nasty sap dropping pine trees.

Rick

7. Pruned nasty Sweetgum trees around the yards- limbed 'em up, you know. Meals out with the Mrs., sold a load o scrap at the junkyard- bought a sweet runnin' 72 350 for the truck, retrieved my engine stand from the barn across the county- trip to Lowes for plants, and discovered the nasty ass torn rag joint in the pickup. Pretty dang good weekend all in all.

8. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

You should paint this the same color as a crab distributor. What's the firing order on this model? Did Bubba sell you this?:D

9. I put my 8" in my shoebox. Three inch blocks with disc brakes to boot!

Attached Files:

• 64.JPG
      64.JPG
      File size:
      74.5 KB
      Views:
    • 65.JPG
      65.JPG
      File size:
      77.8 KB
      Views:
    • 66.JPG
      66.JPG
      File size:
      81.6 KB
      Views:
  10. Hunted for leaks in the th-350, stripped the bolt that holds the kickdown cable, found the source of the rear seal leak (bozoed repair, cracked rear housing), broke it trying to repair it. Gave up, went to the
    stray Kat 500 in my daily.

11. Went to church, kissed my wife and daughter happy mothers day, played with my 3 year old grandaughter, held my 9 week old grandson, got a call that my mother in law will be dead by the end of the week, took my wife to the airport to go be with her mom when she dies. Moral, don't waste a minute, life is precious.

12. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Made some progress on a long term project , making extra doors for my 29 model a pickup.
    [​IMG]

13. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

blew my 700r4. 2nd one in 6 weeks! think im gonna go with a turbo 350. other than that i took the wife and my boy to the zoo, and got a nasty sunburn while floating in the pool throwin back some brewskis. all in all i had a great weekend.

14. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

As I was pulling the coupe out of my driveway on Sunday (beautiful weather) I was accosted by two neighbors who decided that was the appropriate time to tell me my car is too loud. They told me they couldn't go outside when it was running. Really? They said if I didn't do something about all the racket, they'd get the township involved. (In my defense I thought this was a little unfair because normally I only mess with the car on the weekend) I didn't say a word to them. I just kind of stared in disbelief. After they left I shut the car off, rolled it back in the garage and sat there really angry for about 10 minutes just thinking about how much I wanted to go ripping up and down the street screaming and doing and burnouts in their driveways. Instead, I got over it, went inside and started planning a simple exhaust system to keep them happy. I guess Harley baffles in zoomies don't cut it.... which is ridiculous because one of my other neighbors own a really obnoxiously loud Harley and they've never complained to him. (he also owns a 68 Camaro so we get along.) I really think I was profiled. "The young guy that just moved in to the neighborhood with that loud hot rod". LOL

15. stewedscrewdtattood

stewedscrewdtattood

hey me and you both bro i blew a damn turbo that was on its last leg and finally got the replacement done friday night and drove the biscayne to the golf course saturday and went for a ride with the wife and kids sunday

16. big bad john

big bad john

......Work on the 37 coupe all weekend.....finishing the final wiring......aiming to get it on the road by the end of May...still a long way to go.....I just take one day at a time.....

17. slammed

slammed

One step closer for the fresh 283 into the Impala. This week beach'z.....

18. roadworthy'49

roadworthy'49

Taped off and repainted the grill and headlight bezels on the Travelall, and painted the wheels from rusty yellow/white to black. Not a big project but it makes the truck look 100xbetter.

[​IMG]

19. Mac_55

Mac_55

Went from this
    [​IMG]

To this, gotta keep on movin on.

[​IMG]

20. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

We got my brothers engine mounted in his coupe.[​IMG]

21. coolcorvette

coolcorvette

we got the 63 pontiac running!

22. OLLIN

OLLIN

I got a lot done this weekend. I partially boxed my model a frame, and trimmed the front cross member, and put that 32 axle on and the model a front shocks..and I started making the motor mounts.
    Plus I finished cutting off all the extra model a frame stuff, and started to primer the frame. I also got those blue rapid strip disks and started cleaning all the dirt and grease off the banjo rear. Its already looking better. Ill finish it up and paint it this saturday.
    I started trimming the 37-38 windshield frame to mock it up, and it looks bad ass. it will look cool with the 37-38 dash too, I might not even have to cut out the model a dash? well see though.. It might be good extra storage space.
    I also bought a 13 piece hole saw kit from home depot. I think it will be worth it. They are expensive if you buy them separate... Now I can drill all kinds of stuff on my car! haha, I might box the front and drill the boxing plates? I dunno, we'll see...

23. Rebracer

Rebracer

Went for a long drive Saturday, pulled the rear shocks off Sunday and repainted them and readjusted the height of the rear leaf springs...enjoyable productive weekend.

24. 61falcon

61falcon

cut the grass, installed new gas tank into Falcon, spread mulch, got the car all back together and found out gas can was empty and was to tired by then to go get fresh gas for the new tank.

25. Muttley

Muttley

Only got out of the recliner long enough to grab something to eat, take a dump and check the HAMB.

26. Got the 40 up on stands to give it the once over before the next road trip.

[​IMG]