Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2nd Annual Eagle Field Fresno Dragways Reunion Runway Drags May 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Can't wait to see your Fed Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Well, if a Friday Night Pre Race Party and Saturday Drags weren't enough, you can now take in a Destruction Derby Saturday night after the races:eek: That's RIGHT the California Independent Oil Marketers Association Destruction Derby is Saturday Night May 21st @ Eagle Field in the back 40 behind the hanger and Drag Race Fans who have the energy are welcome to join the fun. It's gonna be wild!
    http://www.cioma.com/public/meetings/derby/2003/Destruction_Derby_2003.htm
    [​IMG]

3. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Got the old Green Slime out last weekend. We're looking forward to making the trip north.

Attached Files:

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UC0ymwS-kSE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't miss it!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Way Cool, looks like were having a Falcon invasion:D

6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

[​IMG]

[FONT=Arial Black, Gadget, sans-serif]QUICK GLANCE AT SCHEDULE![/FONT]
    Friday May 20th,
    12 PM Gate Opens for Racers, RV's and Swap Meet set up 'til DARK.
    Tickets (available at the gate) will be required to get in & Will Call will be open.
    The "Groove Brothers" Blues Band will take the Eagle Field Hanger Stage @ 7pm to Kick Off the Pre Race Party with the Hanger closing @ 11PM
    Pre Race Party is FREE to Race Day Ticket Holders (or $15 to attend)

Saturday May 21st
    7AM Gate Opens, Adults are $15, Kids 13 & under FREE.
    Swap & "CAR LOT" Spaces are $20ea, 1 general admission included.
    Racer entry is $20 in addition to general admission
    Show your '73 & Earlier car Track Side for FREE after paid admission
    TECH Starts @ 8AM in front of the Hanger
    Museum Opens @ 8AM, get in and enter the FREE Raffle
    RACE Entry sold 'til 11:30 AM, BACK of the line will then be CLOSED, No Exceptions
    Pre-register and avoid the LINE to purchase your Entry and insure your spot!
    Racer Registration open until 2PM
    Drivers Meeting @ Starting Line 11AM
    Racing Starts @ NOON and concludes @ 6PM

THEN take in the Destruction Derby behind the Hanger for FREE!!!
    See bottom of this page

I Think that's pretty much it! Call me with any questions, Rocky

7. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

The Beautiful 53rd March Meet winning '65 Mustang Funny Car of Kevin Sarginson & Family will try to get down the Historic Eagle Field Runway!
    SarginsonRacing.com

[​IMG]
    [/B]

8. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Scott just keeps getting more and more famous:D Also in the news is Hot Rod Deluxe's Dave Wallace will return for more Eagle Field Coverage!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FPrBAc3fFx4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

hahahaha! I was just gonna post that!

I'm trying to exorcise some transmission demons before the drags! Check out what Norwell just hooked me up with.....

[​IMG]

10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Your car is awesome and deserving of that "Outa-Sight" Norwell artwork!

11. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Looks like a 7 car HA/GR Field is going to do battle at the Fresno Dragways Reunion II, May 21st. The cars of Phillips (with new driver), Sappington, Cullins, Gomes, Roseberry, and board members Skip Pipes and Hawleywood1 are schedule to appear. Skip's car is a new build and Hawley's car is Ron Goldens Record Holding HA/GR, gonna be a DOG FIGHT!
    [​IMG]
    <TABLE id=post6379742 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" class=alt2 width=175></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid" id=td_post_6379742 class=alt1><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

12. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

For you Flat Head Lovers!
    <iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ES-vCwrUt9g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Sam's 55 is for sale, here one of the 55's passes @ Eagle Field.
    <iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z0vX-6vwFHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Got the room all booked. Looking forward to seeing all the Gasser history up there.

15. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Vince, I plan on putting ya with the other gassers, when are ya coming out to the Field?
    All is coming together, 3 truck loads of Dust Control is set to be spread in one week, We are picking up more Barrier Block tomorrow, A tent and tables have been rented for spectators to eat under and get out of the sun and all the Amazing Eagle Field Volunteers are back. Everything in place for a "HARD CORE" Drag Race enthusiast to have a GREAT Time! Rocky

16. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Larry Luna and Steve Gonzales will have a live Webcast on the QuarterMile Productions website for our friends who can't make!
    Check it out........http://www.quartermileproductions.com/

17. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

<TABLE id=yiv1054232104bodyDrftID class=yiv1054232104 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" id=yiv1054232104drftMsgContent><TABLE id=yiv1054232104bodyDrftID class=yiv1054232104 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-FAMILY: arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" id=yiv1054232104drftMsgContent>Less than 2 weeks to go and things are falling in place for our biggest event of the year! Participants and Fans are coming from all over to attend the Best "Old School" , "Grass Roots" Drag racing anywhere (I'm pretty biased[​IMG]), with cars you won't see Race anywhere else taking on the Historic Eagle Field Airstrip. Dragsters, Gassers, Muscle cars, Altereds, Hot Rods, Mini Bikes, Locals, Celebrities and racers from all over putting on a show you won't soon forget.
    Many local business' have stepped up to make this event as comfortable as possible in the vast West Side Farm land. KBK Oils of Fresno is scheduled to put down 3 Truck Loads of dust control, Chris Lopes Trucking is hauling in 2 loads of bleachers, Local Storm McCullough is boosting the PA system with more power, Wayne Schott (Schott Construction) is reworking the entrance road, Cerutti and Sons has supplied 4 trucks to haul more Barrier Blocks to the 'Field, Toby Westrope of Tee Dee Us Automotive has made it possible to treat the runway again with VHT to help keep the racers on course, Rueben's Rib Shack is preparing a Large Food Menu that includes breakfast, we have ordered a 20x30' Tent with Tables & Chairs to eat under and the list goes on.
    To keep the event running smoothly all the Key Volunteers are back with a few new faces joining in to help, a crew that makes my job easy and your visit memorable. So come on out early and leave your troubles behind and step back in Time! Don't forget the eaglefielddrags.com website for up to the minute updates, see ya at the 'Field. Rocky

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

18. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

We're leaving Santa Clarita on Friday around 6 am, so we should be there by noon. Should be a blast.

19. Changed back to the 322 this weekend, I'll be legal and ready to run on the 21st. ;)
    [​IMG]

20. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

You've got to be one of if not the Hardest Working Gear Heads on the HAMB!:D

21. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

22. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

Looks like one of Kenny Lane's Ag-Cats in the upper right. When I was a bit younger I remember going out to this Raisin City strip with my dad to work on a cropduster that worked off of that strip. That was a pretty dang cool job-site!

23. dang Tim you don't slow down do ya?
    Need at least 10 sec head start this year.............

24. I don't know, I always say that about you! ;)

25. Whatever you want Carl, you just make sure you're there. ;) It's gonna be fun!

26. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Dang Jon you have a great eye. I remember the plane flying over when we shot the pics.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  27. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

28. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Here's an AWESOME Photo of the Eagle Field Starting Line.............I call it "the Calm before Stormy":D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Holy cow (and pig) that looks great!!!!

30. bigjimzlll

bigjimzlll

Looks like we are going to make it(putting it back together after a little valve train issue)
    I'm the 67 C10
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]