Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What did you all get done this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950ChevySuburban, May 8, 2011.

1. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Got the rear shocks back on the '50, drove it around some. Worked on the Nash brakes and steering, and helped in the yard with the irrigation stuff.

This is what happens when a HAMBer sets up irrigation...

Attached Files:

2. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

What did y'all get done today?

3. squirrel

squirrel

I got the 50th birthday party over with. I guess I gotta do some car stuff this week.

4. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Today being Mother's Day I spent the day doing whatever my wife wanted to do. Had a great day and dont have any grease under my fingernails.

5. Rolf

Rolf

Tore the rear spring out of a '32. Productive day...

6. Abomb

Abomb

Got my new 327 fired up on a start up stand and the cam broken in...I see some late nights ahead of me this week, I'd like to drive the car to a show next weekend.

7. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Didn't do a damn thing all weekend. Was nice.

8. Ruiner

Ruiner

I found my electrical gremlin that kept leaving me stranded for 20 minutes a block from home, a loose connection on the main wiring harness from the starter relay to the firewall...then replaced spark plugs...replaced most of the dash light bulbs...and finally got the front seat swapped out from my parts car so I don't have springs in my ass and back anymore...considering it was raining 75% of the weekend and I have to work in the driveway it was a productive weekend...

9. havi

havi

It rained up here last night, too. Made the yard a mess, so moving the projects around has to wait yet again. :mad:

Yesterday was my grandmother's funeral. :(

I did manage to get the garage cleaned out a bit. :)

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Some hot rod stuff..... But the worst thing I've ever had to do is bury my kitty cat CatZZilla while my 7 yr old daughter sobbed. Crap ass weekend for sure. :(

11. got my car trailer back from the friend that's had it for 3 years. Replaced one ramp door, hinges on both ramp doors, and built the missing ramp. registration renewal this week.

retrieve languishing '50 Dodge Wayfarer next weekend.

12. Got the roadster out of the barn and woke it up from a long winter nap, changed the oil in the wifes car for mothers day.:D

13. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

made the subframe for my 32

[​IMG]

14. dirtball666

dirtball666

this was a damn productive day for me today. new fuel line in, filter etc. new pump, freshly rebuilt carb in, new plugs, wires. half my floor pan welded in..carb tuned, lost a mighty big chunk of my knuckle wrestling with my fuel hose when my fan bit me. yeah, today was a good day.

15. Done a little work on this, I made a hammerform to beat a notch for rear axle clearance and worked out the best way to mount the ford torque tube to chevy gearbox.
    [​IMG]

16. cakes

cakes

Met fellow HAMB'er Bootleggerjim and bought an oil pan from him, also checked out his sweet shoebox ford land speed project

17. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

damn jimmy thats really coming out sweet!

18. The_DropOut

The_DropOut

Glad to read about busy HotRodders.

I finished degreasing (scraping away grease cake) & painting my engine bay. Cleaned my top loader and built a solid shifter mount for my Hurst shifter.

OH yea, I did the dishes too! :D

19. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Productive day for me. All weekend I've been working on my directed research paper, which is the last thing I need to hand in before I graduate. I woke up at 7 am to get back to work on it, but I took a couple short breaks today to get Mom breakfast, mow the lawn and trim at her request, diagnose the A/C issues I'm having with my 98 Mustang, and watch Detroit/San Jose game 5. Good day.

20. Nothing big for me, I just got the car back from the transmission shop, those things are way too complicated for me at this stage of learning. I did however hook the turn indicators back up for the tail lights, and blow out on head light. So I guess its been an okay weekend since the car still runs.

21. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Looks like stab and wire instead of find TDC and place #1 @ about 7 o'clock :D

22. mason-d

mason-d
    from san diego

tried to start my t for the first time saturday with no luck but i think i know what the problem is now after scratching my head for the day, we shal see tomorrow afternoon

23. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Didn't get a damn thing done on my Shoebox , but got some wiring done on HomemadeHardtop's sport coupe project . At least I got SOME kinda car-related work accomplished , lol !

24. rld14

rld14

Worked at derusting the Vauxhalls engine....

Oh yeah, and spent too much time looking for a Lincoln Premiere online.

25. JimV57

JimV57
    from California

Didn't do squat this weekend...it was blowing like hell here and the carport where my truck is doesn't provide much for keeping me out of the weather. Hopefully soon we will have the walls up so we can work whenever we wanna

I did sign up to be an alliance member though, so I guess that was something ;)

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Went to a swapmeet and picked up a rear bumper and brackets for a fair price and picked up half a set of hubcaps that I think will work to be something nice on the 48.

Tomorrow is still part of my weekend and I hope to have the boxing plates tacked in before the day is over.

27. SecretAgent

SecretAgent

I had a pretty productive weekend took the old lady on a road trip to San Antonio saw an awesome rockabilly show and oh yeah, picked up the car I've been looming for for 3 years. A 1946 fleetline. [​IMG][​IMG].

Project thread to follow soon.

28. honeydoos! honey badger has got me redoing our sun room.

29. shadams

shadams

Got the spring saddles cut off my rear axle that I had already painted. Thats ok though, cause after a little wire wheel work and repainting, looks a lot better than before. Now I just gotta weld on the new ones.

30. Trophydash

Trophydash
    from Tulsa, OK

Attempted to pull out and load the '56 Ford dirt track car I purchased a while back..... sittin' fourty years had locked up all the wheels and sunk it pretty deep. Only drug it about four feet before we decided to go get the rollback next weekend!