Register now to get rid of these ads!

Abandoned '26-'27 T Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26Tudor, Dec 16, 2005.

1. If seal team six can go into another country without permission kill a few people and take all their computers you could have taken an abandoned car from an abandoned property.

2. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

Id leave some kind of note on the car incase somebody else gets to it before you can get in contact with someone about it

3. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

If your friend is the County Code Enforcement Officer, his tips regarding old cars should be a goldmine of info for you!!! He can email you off the record photos and you can owe him an off the record favor (finders fee)!
    Tap that tipline!

4. Racewriter

Racewriter

That's what I'm thinking. The problem isn't that the owner couldn't be found; he found the guy. The problem isn't that the owner wouldn't sell; he offered to sell. The problem is that the OP just didn't want to pay the price for the cars. Given what we see in the Midwest, I can't imagine how bad the '39 coupe would have to have been to not be worth the 5K by itself, especially if it was an old rod.

Stealing is stealing.

5. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

What if they would have been a 32 roadster and a 40 Willys?

6. Well I'm thinking that 5 1/2 years later they would be gone. You may have been just a bit slow on this one.:cool:

7. 61bone

61bone

The guy said to me after I ask about some tin on a foreclosed property. "I'm going to get some lunch. I'll probably be back in about two hours."
    Do it right.

8. Actually, they were gone less than 6 months later, when I "tapped" the Code Enforcement Officer to go and take a look. He did mention he knew the property wll, having been called out there for numerous infractions, none of which were derelict cars on the property.
    I just forgot to update the thread, and was cleaning out some old PMs and such, found that I had never updated, so I did just that.
    Yeah, the County Dude could be a nice guy to have on my side.... he's not found anything for me yet, but he knows if he finds something/anything old, to kinda let me know....

9. damn after reading this thred sounds like theres a bunch of theifs on this board . steeling is steeling plain and simple