Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hoarders stand up and be counted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tylerae40, May 6, 2011.

1. 35ratbstr

35ratbstr
    from Colorado

I'm a hoarder and its an addiction.:)

It's no problem when you know where everything is when you want it but, when you find yourself buying the same thing you have three of, thats where the problem lies.:confused:

Thats what happened to me.

2. BELLM

BELLM

A few years ago I sold some '55 Chevy parts I had been hauling around for 40 plus years, never going to have another '55 Chevy. Sold them cheap, about a year later got the '55 Nomad. Funny how the parts I sold cheap sell for 10 times what I sold them for now that I could use them. Too bad the value of my 401k hasn't increased as much as old car parts prices.

3. I WON'T say i'm a hoarder.......but I definately have a problem with die-cast cars,hahaha!

I'm trying to stand up......but there's too much stuff in the way!!!!!!

4. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS

If you are a Baby Boomer or know what one is, you likely grew up with parents or grandparents who lived through the Depression and feared getting rid of anything that might be useful in the future. So for us it is a learned behavior that morphed into addiction. My 91 year old mother recently passed away and we are dealing with a lifetime's accumulation (not as bad as some, but with a nice sized home, shop, and garage it adds up). Problem is, most of it has no market value (it was just potentially useable) and nobody really wants most of , so it is a chore to discard it all. Now in my case I've told all my friends to rush right over after I die and not worry about bringing money-my wife will pay you to take my shit away.

5. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

I have a table saw somewhere in my garage I have used about 3 times since I bought it in 1996. I haven't seen it in at least 7 years but I know it's still there because the boxes of car parts along the section where I last saw it aren't on the floor. That's wrong, very wrong............

6. OLDCARDON53

OLDCARDON53

more of a collector. model cars,magazines,die cast, and el caminos

7. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I buy collections of parts from recently deceased hoarders and add that to my stuff.
    What does that say?

8. dig a big big hole I'm taking it all with me which ever way i go up,down some one will need parts

OR SPRINKE MY ASHES OVER IT ALL AND CALL IT PATINA / AGING NATURALLY..

you lucky ones at my last ride will snatch some stuff before the hole is covered up

PICTURES WOULD MAKE ME CRINGE ........
    25+ cars
    TOOLS
    LOTSA EXTRA PARTS every where
    hundred loose wheels and tires
    two extra sbc
    hemi on a stand
    new 40 by 40 garage 1 car in it
    26 by 60 shop 1 car in it
    30 by 60 pole barn 1/4 loft 1 car in it
    3 car attached garage 2 cars in it
    25 by 50 shed with loft 9 cars in it
    double garage at the cabin 1 car in it
    9 cars sitting out

not sure which tv show I should end up on...
    AMERICAN PICKERS,HOARDERS ,AUCTION KINGS , SOLD , ANTIQUES ROADSHOW ( WE'VE DONE THAT)MY CLASSIC CAR, HOT ROD TV...........DR.PHIL.....

Sienfeld said "Dying penniless is working it out just right"
    HE DID NOT MENTION ALL THE STUFF OR HOW THE FAMILY IS BURDENED BY IT...

spent two hours reviewing a online car auction today

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  9. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

------------------------
    I'd call that "EFFICIENCY"!!!! :D

Mart3406
    =====================

10. uncle buck

uncle buck

Yes I'm a hoarder. I have gotten so sick of lowball offers that I rarely sell anything. The same people that low ball are the ones who usually get pissed the most at me. Now if I do sell something it is normally on the bay - and that makes some even madder.

11. speakfordadead

speakfordadead

You are so right no55mad. I feel like pops was a hoarder but after I get into some of his stuff it's really cool. Thanks Pops!!! Now all I have to do is find homes for it all. :D