Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Stray Kat 500 May 6, 7 & 8, 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Nov 29, 2010.

1. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

C

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ.

2. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

C
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

C

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

V
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

B
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Z
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

M
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

this was what I drove...

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

N
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it from me. We took off a little early in the afternoon, it's was HOT out & my 21 month old Henry wanted/needed a nap.

We finished the afternoon with a .75cent twist ice cream cone in small town America.

Thanks a Mick!

10. Toptinman

Toptinman

Thanks for posting all the pix, Sodbuster. I met you at the restaurant last night. If you ever need someone to babysit Henry, give us a call! Adorable kid!

11. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Is that your new project? That pair of roadsters were spot on.

Chris

12. Thanks for the pics Chris!

13. gonmad

gonmad

Lol, I've heard it all day!
    Missed seeing you!

14. Got home last night, the brain, in overload. The cars this year came out of the woodwork it seemed like. It sure appeared to me like this year was the largest year so far and the quality and cross section of cars was great.

Mick and the boys, you did it again. Thanks so much for putting on a get together that has to be one of the best around!!!!!! See ya in Witchita.

Not mention, congrats on the 10th year.

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I borrowed the '28 from a buddy that has too many cars...he couldn't make the show. The '32 is Jason's from Hot Rod Garage...he built them both.

The '28 has a killer flattie in it...very strong. It was fun being a roadster pilot for a day...got sunburnt. :)

16. whamoman

whamoman
    from USA

I would just like to say that yesterday was one of the greatest highlights of my life. Mickey, you are some kind of 'stand up guy', they just don't come any better than you. I can't thank you enough for what you did for me and to give me the opportunity to have such a special day with new and old friends, (I didn't know I had so many) and to receive such a great honor. Getting together with you, Gene Winfield, Dave Stuckey and the hundreds of other great guys and gals at the Stray Kat 500 was the greatest.
    Jeff Meyers, D. J. Baughman and Ron Myers, a special thanks to you, what a fantastic job you did on the award! WHAMOMAN! is all I can say! When I turned and saw Jeff standing there with that 'work of art', I thought " Man, I hope I don't turn into a Krybaby (with a 'K') in front of all my friends.....'
    Thanks again to all of you that made May 7,2011 one of the greatest days of my life.
    Carl Green

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  17. Looks like another great weekend at "Dewey". Thanks for posting all the pictures. Not as good as being there but will have to do for now.
    Later,
    Dick

18. jpbanjo

jpbanjo
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Here's part of the contingent from Hot Rod Garage including 3window larry's ride ready to pull out for Dewey at 8:00 AM Saturday morning. We had about eight cars altogether, a nice day, neat cars and a great bunch of guys.

[​IMG]

19. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Just got home, the Galaxie ran great all the way home. Thanks to all of my Stray Kat Family, both the ones I've met in the last two years and all the members that I've met this weekend. It was a great time yet again! I'm transferring the photos to my computer now, then it's time to go take care of a couple of mommas, she's not very happy that all of us boys missed most of the day. I'll start uploading pics tonight and I'll start a thread and put a link up here.

Thanks again Mickey and family for another fantastic weekend. I hope everyone made/makes it home safe.

20. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Travis, it was great talking to you and Jack today at the 500! Wish I could have been able to stay longer and even better, been there Saturday.

Mick, Awesome event as usual!! Wish I could have been there for the whole thing :(. The trophys were a very cool idea as well.

No one will ever know all the little things Mick does to make The Stray Kat 500 one of the best events in the area and probably anywhere! Thanks for all you do!

21. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Where were you today??:confused:

22. pushrod_jimbo

pushrod_jimbo

Sending another big thank you to Mickey! Great show yet again! For crying out loud Gene Winfield danced at the hotel last night! How cool is that? Also Larry Bird was there. Thanks again buddy.

23. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Good to talk to you too, beautiful ride you have there! and I couldn't agree more with the statement about Mick!

24. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Hey Mickey...Jeff, Tony, John, and I made it home OK...Jeff exploded some roadkill with his front crosmember...don't know what it was but guy in the car behind him might...LOL...Any way....GREAT SHOW...don't know how you will top it but you will...Hope to see you all in July in Salina...and the Saturday BBQ is on again...THANKS....Glenn

25. sure glad you made it and was nice meeting your family see ya soon

26. Butch M

Butch M

Hey Travis it was nice to meet you......

27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

at my momma's house...it is Mother's Day. :)

28. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

had a great time......

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
  29. I just wanted to drop Mick and the gang 2 thumbs up for a great time.Cars were everywhere and the people all around had a great time.
    Someone did ask me what time the judging started? lol.All kidding aside,many clubs could learn from the way your group welcomed all us gearheads.The bands were super,the vendors and city folks were the best.Shane from Kansas layed down a few lines on the burb.And then there was Travis........nuff said.lol.:)

Attached Files:

30. superchargedill

superchargedill

You guys put on a great show. Perfect town for this kinda deal. The bands were cool, and I had a nice shady spot at the park. I posted some pics in another thread called My pics of the Stray Kat 500. Just didn't want to hijack your thread. Best show I've been to since Route 66 in San Berdoo, Ca. Definitely be back next year. Dil