Register now to get rid of these ads!

went to KNOXVILLE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratrod0, May 7, 2011.

1. ratrod0

ratrod0

Me and my dad went to Knoxville left my house at 5 in the morning got there aroung 8:00. finally found a place to park that didnt have a chair in it. That place is to spread out cars every where. Cant look at cars there very well. looked at the swap meet and venders bought a few things ate lunch. went to the HAMB meet and great got there 10 mintes early no body there. Had a good time drove back home hit 500 bugs and 1 dead dog. Time with DAD ...Priceless...

2. Tacson

Tacson

I got there right at twelve and stood at the top of the steps until 12:10 and decided to move on. Will post pics shortly

3. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

stayed home - looked at the cars on computer - took a nap

4. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

went to the camel city skulls gig in winston salem instead

5. Worked my butt off and just got home!

Hate I missed it. HRP

6. I went. Got tired feet. Went to the hamb meet& greet but only saw one guy standing at the top of the stairs. He looked dangerous so I moved on.......
    Had a Philly cheese steak .Bought one item and came home.Enjoyed the day..

7. slobroy

slobroy

Wanted to go got the dates wrong, had to finish soda blasting the under side of ot car.

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

some of us were at the bottom of the steps at least the guys i met at columbus last year think the meeting place got a little mixed up, top, bottom left side , right side well next year

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

And this would be the place where you insert all your pictures, right? Gary

10. sololobo

sololobo

I had a great time, didn't see anybody I knew---wait I wasn't even there---damn flashbacks. ~sololobo~

11. In the past we always met on the left side facing the building in the middle. HRP

12. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

I was waiting on a buddy to show up, he got there late. I didn't make it over to the steps till about 12:20 and didn't see anyone I knew either. Had a good time, weather was nice and some good cars. Like most everyone else I don't like the change of venue but since I live here in town guess I'll keep going till they stuff cotton in my arse...

13. Tacson

Tacson

I had saw Hot Rod Ben on Friday over in the swap meet and asked him about the M&G. I had always missed them so I made it a point to get there and I thought there would be a crowd or someone would say Hamber or something but I guess not. Oh well like you say maybe next time. Here are some pics. I like Ford Trucks so the pics are slanted that way some

Pics with a few Cars mixed in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Probably where the cutoff went wrong.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice vehicles just not in this crowd. IMHO Cars Pre 65 and Trucks Pre 73 would have been better accepted. Just my opinion. Hope you enjoy the pics

14. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

Thanks for the pics. I had planned on going on Saturday but got tied up with a house issue and couldn't make it this year.

Next year I hope.

Some guys wearing NSRA shirts stopped by the parts store I work at part time on Friday evening needing a belt, some Honda (???) P/S Fluid and trying to patch up a power steering hose - I wonder of they got squared away OK?

Al in TN

15. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

^^^Calf shit yellow.....dairy kids know....

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I left the farm 60 years ago and can recall that color like it was yesterday.:eek::D

Frank

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  17. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

18. Tacson, thanks for the pix. That Victoria Skyline was pretty sweet. I was doin' fine until I got to that butt ugly Mopar and the Yeller Konkinental. That's when I threw up!! :eek:

19. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I hate what this show has become. We have been going to this show for a LONG time. When I see pics like those last few.... I remember why we don't go anymore.

20. seatex

seatex

Austin, it ain't..........................

21. How was the car count. I here it was down. Gas here is almost 4.00$