Register now to get rid of these ads!

My car is worthless now

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ottoparts, May 7, 2011.

1. Not sure what to do. My car is worthless now that I removed this scary looking, home made receiver hitch.
    But now I have custom notch in the middle of my bumper.
    Talk about custom!

Attached Files:

2. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

Yeah, scrap that car.

3. dudley32

dudley32

You could install a bumper hitch to hide that...:D :D

4. a pic got switched around. Here's the hitch in its full beauty

Attached Files:

5. yardgoat

yardgoat

Same guy must have had my 64 polara, no notch but have 2 nice round holes in bumper with a rust outline of the hitch.Might as well trash my car also............YG

6. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

That looks safe enough to tow with,Lol \
    Reminds me of a 71 elcamino hitch I threw away ,I ended up making a class 3 ,Out of a truck .Narrowed it .Probably was safe for a real small trailer and that is about it....

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Just get a cool old club plaque and install it over the notch.

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

that's not a receiver hitch dude. just a trailer hitch. sorry you are confused. receiver hitches have that square hole that you put the receiver in...

like in this pic...

[​IMG]

9. add fake gonads and proper lighting

10. chrome it and park it

11. 57choptop

57choptop

Just put the same size notch every 4 or so inches all across the rest of the bumper and you can say your car has been RAKED!!

12. Never2low

Never2low

Put some spider web gussets on it, and put it on Ebay as a ratrod hitch:D

13. worthless why? You shouldn't have been towing with it anyway. Drive the wheels of it and quityabitchen!!!!!

Fenderless

14. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

You mean you didn't notice that when you bought it? You really should have hired a professional to look the car over for you, and payed them several hundred dollars an hour for a top rate inspection...I mean that notch completely devalues the entire car. Youre right, its completely worthless now.

Also am I the only other person curious to where the jar of Vaseline came into play during the job?

15. 41 C28

41 C28

Worthless?
    If it really bothered me I would weld a patch in and grind it smooth or not worry about it.

16. Yup, Worthless now.... I have a flatbed on it's way with cash... Lets say.. 10 bucks a ton over scrap prices.. And I won't even deduct for the price of the tow.. It's your lucky day...

17. OLLIN

OLLIN

kaiser overrider

18. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

My 55 ford fairlane. Some one Cut two notches out of the back bumper with a blow torch, for the dualls to clear. Talk about a good laugh.

19. One word....DUCT TAPE!-MIKE:eek::D

20. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

After seeing that huge notch you kinda say, Man why not a sun roof anything but a notch!

21. are you going to be looking for another car to put the hitch on?:D:eek:

22. sololobo

sololobo

Hey, so your car has anotch kit. As suggested a plaque, H.A.M.B. ALLIANCE BADGE, or some cool emblem, this makes a damn small diff in your total car. Another bumper is available as well. Get over and build that baby. Good luck dude. ~sololobo~

23. I knew the hitch was there when I bought it. And no I did not tow with it. Got tired of hitting my head on it when I went under the car to work on the springs and shackles.
    The Vaseline?
    I cant give all my secrets away.

24. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

I would scrap the car and see how much I could get for the old hitch on ebay!!!

25. chaddilac

chaddilac

You've got a notch in your bumper and flatheadpete got a tree in his roof.... and your car is worthless?? :rolleyes: Seriously.....

Attached Files:

26. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

what seems to be the problem?

from what i see the bumper needs rechroming anyway. plus you can make an insert piece and fill that space and dress it out and have it polished and rechromed. i have done many bumper repairs.

where is your sense of adventure?

be brave and experiment, explore your possibilities, or dig in your wallet and pay someone and be done with the problem.

27. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Best sugjestion so far, and you can tell who had their "Coffee" Huh!?

....;)

...Roach.

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say that the notch missing is the least of your worries on that bumper by the looks of the pitted rust on the left hand side.

But look at the good side, now you buddies won't be tempted to ask you to tow their trailers to rod trots for them because you don't have that "heavy duty" hitch anymore and your shins will love you for it.

29. Gerg

Gerg

I can't find mine but it was made out of a piece of a steel fence pole

30. yardgoat

yardgoat

I bought a 74 grand prix (30 plus yr ago)and body was great ,untill i used a heat gun to remove a dealer sticker and found a big dent in the trunk lid.SO BUY SOME STICKERS............Im going to use my Hamb plate for one hole and a cool sticker on the other so i can keep my car now,yeeee,haaaa..................YG