Register now to get rid of these ads!

Great old video of building straight 6's. Chevy maybe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by markjenks, May 5, 2011.

1. markjenks

markjenks

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  2. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

Wow that is a bad ass forging! I don't think you would twist that crank. I guess that was before welding fumes could hurt you though....
    Very cool. thanks

3. aircap

aircap

Those are straight sixes - still cool video!

4. markjenks

markjenks

Sorry, I was just going off the video description. I was tired when I posted it.

As for the crank, I have no idea how that thing even balanced or was accurate. I guess get it close and machine the rest out.

-Mark

5. bob308

bob308

those are 235 chey cranks. they are machined then balanced. forged cranks a made much like that today only more automation.

the real impressive thing was the old guy flipping them around in the drop hammer by onr end with a pair of tongs. i would say not to arm wressel him for drinks.

6. 33-Chevy

33-Chevy

Actually they are 3 main bearing 206.7 Chevrolets made in 1934-35-36. Notice at the end of the film they are making Knee Action units. It was impressive seeing the guy flip around the crankshaft with tongs but that man sliding the cylinder head on was also pretty impressive.