Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage SF Bay area truck gathering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stude_trucks, Feb 17, 2011.

1. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Yeah, the 7th probably isn't that great of a day to try and compete with either. I think maybe I need to dig deeper into the calendar and do some better planning to avoid similar potential conflicts. My casual planning style left us a bit short this go around. I'll keep at it and make this happen one way or another.

2. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

The heat is comin I dont know how that will affect some guys, mine can get warm in the hills but has never let me down. And Ive pushed it pretty good too but I know that may be a factor for some guys. Im usually good with a little notice so whatever you decide I should be good. I had a really bad strep infection that went undetected by the docs for over a month and a half!!!! Thats what did me in this go around. I was thinking about it all day too. today would have been nice! So if any of you guys did get to go post up a couple pics so I can see what I missed!!

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I didn't make a run myself and don't think anyone else gave it a try either as far as I know.

Yeah, I don't think they call it Mt. Diablo because it is cold there in the summer. It will be hot up there in the summer for sure and if too dry they restrict fires, not sure about gas grills though.

My truck does heat up just going up any hill for some unknown reason, even if it is cold and I take it easy. Not sure what the issue is, maybe not flowing properly when pointed uphill and needs a good flush out. But, the road up is fairly gentle and plenty of shoulder to pull over if needed.

I might run my truck just up the hill a bit to Grizzly Peak tomorrow just to give it a little related type of run out. The weather is so nice at the moment, kind of just for a Sunday drive and to give it some enjoyable road time. Most of the time I just use it for errands. Will be nice to just enjoy a ride in it for no particular reason for a change.

4. jmdc

jmdc

O man I thought for sure you guys would have went on the cruise! I was hoping to see some pics. Well I will keep following this thread or the next to see if and when another one is planned.

-Justin

5. backyardbeliever

backyardbeliever

well i missed the thread post on friday . i was in the safeway parking lot at 9:10am on SAT. all by myself wondering WTF. after 20 min i decided what the hell im gonna go by myself then. I was kinda Irked. But i did have a nice drive in "Pickles" my 51 COE i went to about 1500 ft and parked with the end of the bed hangin off the steep hillside man what a view!!! proceded to set up my lawn chair at the edge of the bed with my feet kicking off the edge i felt like my chair was floating a 1000 ft up in the air pretty cool . i ate my sandwich and had a beer and then left. it was worth the $10. sorry you all missed it .

6. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Shoot backyardbeliever, really sorry about that. I'm pretty sure I sent you an e-mail from the hamb to warn you, but maybe you didn't get it. Damn man, sorry. Everyone else but flyin flattie had to bail on it so I just didn't think it was worth trying to force it with only 2-3 of us. And I, and apparently flyin flattie too, was getting over a cold as well.

But yes, it was a killer nice day for it too. Post up a pic if you have any so we can all see what we missed.

Man ok, I seriously need to get better at organizing this stuff. Extra lameness on my part for sure. Sorry guys.

7. jmdc

jmdc

I would say if its only 2-3 the next time just do it bro! Take pics and make everyone pissed that that did not go. I think to get started you take who and how many you can. Just my 2 cents.

-Justin