Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Stray Kat 500 May 6, 7 & 8, 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

See you there on Friday!!!!!!!

2. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We will be praying for a safe trip, You wil have a good time at Starbirds, it is worth
    the visit. See ya in a couple of days..

I'll find out for sure what time. I told them ewarly so I figure it will be ready before eight.

People was showing respect for the chalk out line... Hopefully next year you can make it..

Very kool sedan, Can't wait to check it out, enjoy the drive down.

Holy Kat Krap, I need to get busy...

It is kool that your making it to the show, I'm looking forward to this weekend.
    Accu weather says that the weekend forecast is going to be pleasant. Very Kool!!

Happy Trails, Mick

3. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Me and my son-in-law are leaving Salina at about 9am on Friday...anyone that wants to hook up let me know...should be in Dewey by early afternoon

4. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Ok, so dumb question: What is going on Friday night? We should be there early evening-ish & some of the local "Misfits" said that the place caddy corner to the Tom West (?) museum has a band and that is the place to go, but to make SURE that you do not take an 'adult beverage' outside, because the local police are not a huge fan of it.

I know that in the past on Saturday night the 'host hotel' was the place to be, so I'm just wondering about Friday.

Chris

Oh yea, and I/we will be traveling with my 21 month old son Henry & maybe my nephew who is into cars from 'small town America'.

5. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Done with work!!!!!! Now time to play!!!!!!!!!!!! Leaving in the morning!!!!!!

Its going to be a fun weekend!!!! I love coming to KOOLSVILLE..

6. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Pushrod will be playing at the Mercury Lounge in Tulsa and then on to the hotel in Bartlesville for more drinking.........My youngest is coming this year also....

7. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Wow I just check the weather!!! In the 80's and sunshine!!!! I cant believe it.Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

8. Sweet Jesus, I need a bucket of brain bleach to rid my cranium of that hideous sight! Bet you are a lot of fun at Halloween, scaring the crap out of the kiddies! LOL!

9. NOOOOOOOOO! Damn, Roger, I've been hankering for a ride in your Cadillac! Guess I'll have to make it up to Salina, assuming gas isn't $5.00/gallon by then!

I'm bringing the trusty '71 IH TravelAll up to SK500 this year. I've got some freaky electrical gremlin in the '66 Dodge, and I really don't feel like driving the '41 that distance, at just 55 mph. So, the Beast is going. Might be a little new, but it IS a cool old rig, with woodgrain paneling on the sides and all!:D Maybe I'll get some killer striping done on the 'ol girl up there!

10. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Same as yoga except you watch your wife do it.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Like I told the kid, "Your musics not too loud, it just like OkC, it sucks!" How did ya all like friday at NSRA Nats? SUCKED didn't it? Well its OKC for you.

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Well Patrick, IF it's $5.00 a gallon by then...I won't be coming to Salina either...!!!

I'm tired of paying for oil company greed...do you know that Exxon earned 11 billion dollars last quarter (and that's ONLY one oil company)...tell me that ain't GREED...!!!

R-

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  12. SamAndrews

SamAndrews

I will be coming with the Pushrod crew. This will be my first Stray Kat and I'm stoked.

13. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well Roger I hate to disagree with one of the guys that I look up to (almost idolize) but if
    gas goes to $10 a gallon I will be anywhere that I want to go in my Merc. I'm addicted to
    Kustoms and I can't just stay home and go to local shows. They don't feed my addiction
    and I have to have my Kustom fix.

I won't go to a show just because of high gas prices, I'll go and maybe not spend and
    extra night or just the night at the hotel, may pick up a hitch hicker or two and split
    the gas. I can't stay away from the Kustom family. I get irritable if I don't..

Happy Trails, Mick

14. yblock292

yblock292

let the games begin!

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

The gang will be leaving Hot Rod Garage in 48 hours from now

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. It is amazing to me that people worry about stuff that cannot be controlled by us.The mind set has to be "Value" or "Choice".We chose when to stop to get a $4 coffee or a $5 pack of smokes,yeah gas prices aren't good but we ALL need a break and to me spending:30 gallons @$1.50 = $45 extra. IT'S WORTH IT! Just my opinion.I have my lawn chair and cooler and not bringing my office computer!:cool: Look forward to see all you gear heads.

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lowered cars get better gas milage if we keep our foot out of it... LOL! Have a safe trip over. its going to be a fun weekend.

Gas tip....

Quick Trip in Bartlesville is just north of the Host Hotel and it is 11 to 15 cents a gallon
    cheaper then Phillips. This will save ya some money for the ones that have the 40
    gallon tanks...

One of these years I want to run up with ya guys. Took Myers last night to Murphys to get him ready for the weekend.

Very kool, you are running with a ruff group,....
    Happy Trails, Mick

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  18. 46chevy

46chevy
    from reeds,mo

in 28 hours we will be at poolside in Dewey sipping cocktails. aint life grand

19. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

2 hours of work down, 8 to go then I'm on the road!

20. pushrod_jimbo

pushrod_jimbo

FUNFUNFUNFUN. Im ready Micky. Tell Meyers Im staying in his room...in his bed. Not really. Ok really. Travis I want that Gulf gas pump toy thing. I have cash. This is gonna be fun boys see you fellas there. Bye.

Jimbo - yo-yo master

21. Drafting a Semi Truck also saves fuel.LOL

22. bscottstudio

bscottstudio
    from Kansas

Romor is the El Dorodders are bringing The Doctors Buick Nailhead powered Margarita Machine, this in itself is worth the trip alone. Bring your own mixers.

23. wizzard23

wizzard23

Gas is so cheap we are bringing 2 cars. Leaving in a little while to meet up with b-scott and hobo ed. see you hoodlums tomorrow!

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Morning Yo Yo master,

The SK 500 is never the same without Jimbo there. Monkey, told me years ago that
    Myers likes to spoon..... LOL!! The Gulf gas pump is kool, I've never seen another one
    like it.

Happy Trails, Mick

25. bscottstudio

bscottstudio
    from Kansas

Kool wizard, Ed wants to know how you want your eggs.

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't tell Renee but I'm sneaking out the mixer. If I get caught I'll tell them that I'm
    going to have it pinstriped. She will believe that one...LOL!!

27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

meyers gay?...had no idea...monkey, yes...but meyers?

...actually that explains alot! :eek:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

Leaving Tahlequah at noon tomorrow. Ready for beers!

29. bscottstudio

bscottstudio
    from Kansas

Renee is already in line at the mixer, its a chick magnet!

30. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very Kool! It will be great roadster weather sounds like another kool group heading south.
    I guess that I need to get my "ship" together quicker so I can cruize with my friends. It
    would be kool to hook up with the you guys one year, Arkie friends one year, then the Hot
    Rod Garage the next.

See ya guys this weekend