Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tornadoes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by REBEL43, Apr 30, 2011.

1. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

We got hit by a tornado wednesday, Lost roof, front porch,alot of trees.All minor to folks around country who lost everything, Our prayer go out to them. With no electric, phone, internet. I've missed some tech calls. We will be back at work monday.

2. Marcia

Marcia

My sister's in Hixson. She is OK but part of her neighbors house is on her lawn.
    Glad you're safe.

3. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

We got hammered here in Alabama! 250 dead and a bunch missing. 27 April will be the worst disaster (weather related) in the state's history befor eit is all said and done. We need lots of prayers and the Red Cross needs money bad.

Friend lost his roof and had several cars damaged (70 Boss 302, 57 Ford, 33 Ford, 55 school bus and a couple of others), funny how things work, three parts cars parked next to those damaged were unscratched!

4. Prayers From Florida

5. ratster

ratster

glad your ok

6. Scarynickname

Scarynickname
    from Toney, Al

It pased about 1 1/2 miles to the west and about 2 miles to the east. We made it through without a scratch, just a lot of trash in the yard.

7. 296ardun

296ardun

This is class...someone who has been through a tornado but still takes time to inform possible customers....(and then think of some vendors who have not been through a tornado and don't ever communicate with customers)...

(and thoughts out to the thousands of victims...we were missed in central AL but the loss of life to the north is staggering)

8. el shad

el shad

EXACTLY what was thinking.

Were pulling for you here in Az. Glad your ok.

9. I just got my com lines back about an hour ago.I got power back yesterday.Just glad I still have a house.I got to see the photos for the first time last night after being in the dark since Wed evening. Destruction is worse than I imagined.Entire towns gone to the west and south of me.All I can think of when seeing the videos on the tv is the old phrase "There,but for the grace of God, go I".Please keep those who lost everything including loved ones in your prayers.Still hundreds missing I hear.Osama may have bumped this off the front page but this will be a horror for thousands for a long time to come.

10. Glad to hear your alright!

11. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Jeez, 250, please tell me that is a typo. :(

And if it isn't then my condolences go out to all you guys up there.

12. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

no typo.tuscaloosa still has about a 100 missing.folks, small towns like phil cambell in west al are completly gone. complete families are dead. over half the counties in al are designated as disaster areas. 31 counties . parts of north al still have no power. we got power back sun p.m we were very VERY LUCKY. the pics just do not show the devastation. even here in north al they are using dive teams to hunt for bodies in ponds and lakes. i lived thru the tornados of 1974 and this is far worse. keep my fellow alabamians in your thoughts and prayers. i should also add that miss. ga. and tenn also had loss of life in those states also. and as i write this i am preparing to go to a memorial sevice for a kid that played sports with my son i knew this kid since he was 7.he died in the tuscaloosa tornado. was suppose to graduate on may 8. so sad

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  13. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Thought you were talking about Lees Speed Shop equipment.
    Seriously hope everybody's alright.

14. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

Sorry to hear for the trouble!! Good thoughts and wishing for a fast recovery from Far From Stock.

15. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

We just sat here watching in total horror at the destruction across the south. We've had a few in this area but they are kind of rare. God speed to everyone affected by such incredible destruction

16. I'm thankful my friends, coworkers, and I weren't affected by the storms in any way as bad as in the states east of us. A few of us looked at some funnel clouds. A few had tree/minor house damage.
    The devastation in Alabama is sadly incredible. I think a comparision to WWII bombings would be somewhat close.
    God bless!!

17. The wreckage is unbelievable. I was in Chattanooga that night. Pretty exciting, but not in a good way. Stopped by the Honest Charley shop Thursday morning. Three of their employees were from Ringgold, GA and completely lost their homes. Thoughts and prayers.

18. 343w

343w

This one was the big one, can't even imagine it being any worse. TV can't even get close to showing how severe the damage is, entire towns were wiped away. These people have lost everything except the clothes they were wearing.It will take years to recover, life will never be the same here in Alabama.

19. Scarynickname

Scarynickname
    from Toney, Al

I was pretty happy to get home today and see the porch light on.

20. F&J

F&J

Sorry for your loss of that local boy. Very sad indeed.

21. outlaw256

outlaw256

we were really lucky cullman got hit and decator got some tho not bad there but i live right between them and the wind got pretty bad but no twister. no damage around us. but 15 min south in cullman its bad. we drove thru there right after it happened and it looked like a air raid had hit it.we got power back sunday but we had bought a generator to run the tv, lights fridge and the computer for a few days. sure spent alot of money on gas.kinda felt guilty, us having lights and a house and them who lost everything including loved ones. this storm sure has changed the way i look at things.

22. sdbcivic

sdbcivic
    from West Ga.

i live in west ga. somehow the storms and tornadoes went just west of us from the south to the north and then justsouth of us from southwest to south east then headed north. i have no clue how we missed it or it missed us. prayers are sent for those who were affected.

23. Ebert

Ebert

Prayers and thoughts out to you all...

24. 87Heaven

87Heaven

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you.
    Until things like this happen I forget how good we have it.
    Gods speed .

25. k9racer

k9racer

I have very little damage to my shop area.. less than 2 air miles from me over 100 homes in 2 subdivisions were leveled. I just recieved power today tuesday afternoon.. A low life looter/burglar was shot 3 times by a store owner. The looters funeral will be soon. police also arrested several other looters while in the act. On another note many places were selling genrators and none of they jacked up the prices. I know about the laws but hey all know customers have lomg memorys.. Many years ago during a ice storm a local motorcycle shop reciever a large number of kerosine heaters and charged almost double for them.. in less than 1 year he was out of busisness. To this day if you mention C__s__at__e name everyone will say kero heaters and a few other 4 letter words .. I was glad to see every one help so many other out during this time of need././ Bobby..

26. Thoughts to all affected by this.

I know we all bitch about the weather sometimes,but this thread puts things in perspective.

Closest I ever got to a tornado was a 'warning' when I visited Va. that was enough for me.
    Hope I never see one.

27. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

My Dad and quadraplegic brother live in Tuscaloosa right along the 59-20 freeway and my brother's wife works at DCH Hospital there. The storm went between the freeway and just a block or so from the hospital down 15th St. The hospital treated something like 900 patients in the 9 or so hours after the storm until late in the AM.
    A 3 year old was triaged and sent to Birmingham for treatment...sadly no one has inquired about the child who was found by a stranger in Tuscaloosa and brought to the hospital.
    This storm has set records and may be the most powerful tornado ever recorded in history. It was 1 mile wide, stayed on the ground for almost 50 miles, with winds in excess of 200 MPH. Some Tuscaloosa residents bodies were found 10s of miles from their homes.
    My Dad and brother were uninjured and lived without power for a few days though my other brother brought them a generator and made numerous trips outside the zone for gas for them. He and his wife are thankful for their lives and so very sad for the rest of the area folks who have deaths and missing friends and relatives to deal with.
    Bless them all.

28. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Not to take away from this horrible tragedy, but they said the same thing about the 1974 outbreak, as well as the one from the 1930's.

Prayers and positive vibes go out to all who were caught up in this disaster :(

29. what a horrible thing to experience as i have had a house burn down with everything i owned inside but this i can't imagine.

30. 65Riviera

65Riviera

I can't imagine this big of a tornado, been through a few but nothing near this size. It must have been insane. My prayers go out to those who lost someone...