Register now to get rid of these ads!

Value of Graham Hollywood.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobblehead, May 1, 2011.

1. bobblehead

bobblehead

A guy I work with has a 37 Graham Hollywood with a supercharged inline 6. It's sitting in a field and is fairly rusty but not rotted out. Thanks.

2. A billion dollars

3. joebuick

joebuick

they are pretty valuable when done and they are rare so finding them in project condition is hard. I've got a 37 probibly like the one your looking at. I'd pick it up if I were you.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have no idea what it is worth but my Dad had one just before he went in the army air corps. Said my uncle blew second gear out of the trans every time he drove it.

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

love that signature!

6. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

A non-restored excellent example sold at the Daytona Turkey run 2 or so years ago (not running, great original laquer black paint that just needed buffed, great interior just needing cleaned, 100% complete. Needed rubber throughout, engine was free. etc) the best example I've seen for $10k

7. horace urrey

horace urrey

depending on drive train condition get it as cheaply as you can,then if super charger or engine have suffered serious major damage make the drive train into a static display . afriend did this when he he had to replace a destroyed 50s era flathead motor and put on loan to a local musem that way its yours ans you dont tie up floor space then restore as closely as possible with bolt in modern drive train because this one of few true muscle pre ww2 muscle cars. by the way i mean truly un usable damage.otherwise get with those guys from the centrifical supercharger post and run original stuff had a friend drove one to college back in the 60s and still drool over the memories

8. bobblehead

bobblehead

Thanks gentlemen. I would love using that drivetrain for a rod. I'm going to go check it out. He said he'd sell it for 1k, so I guess I should pick it up?

9. rainh8r

rainh8r

It's worth the $1K. The engine was often replaced by a flathead, and I've seen several sitting in pieces without a decent engine, so finding one intact under the hood is rare. Sounds like fun, too.

10. rld14

rld14

For a Grand? HELL yes.

11. alsancle

alsancle

Just to clarify a few things:

1. Graham produced the "Hollywood" model between 1940-41.

2. Roughly half were supercharged.

3. The construction is unibody so sitting a field could make it unusable.

4. If it is relatively complete and not a rusted out hulk you will not lose money on for 1k.

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The Cord Beverly sedan body dies were used by Cord then Huppmobile Skylark and Graham Hollywood. Beautiful with the Cord coffin nose, even more attractive with Skylark or Hollywood front sheet metal.

13. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

I would say something....But I know you`re joking.

14. alsancle

alsancle

Hupp/Graham used the Westchester bodies. I like both front ends. There are people that think the Graham update was an improvement so it is not necessarily a sure thing he's joking.

15. The original, iconic coffin-nose Cord was designed by Gordon Buehrig...but the Hupmobile-Graham front end redesign was done by none other than the great John Tjaarda, who is best known for his design of the 1936 Lincoln Zephyr nose as well...His son Tom, designed the DeTomaso Pantera and the original Ford Fiesta while at Ghia of Italy.

Enjoy the links below for more about the talented Tjaardas....

http://www.coachbuilt.com/des/t/tjaarda/tjaarda_john.htm

http://www.industrialdesignhistory.com/node/61

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2010...x+(Modern+Mechanix)&utm_content=Google+Reader

16. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Can you go wrong for 1k? Can't buy anything for that, especially a body and frame (unibody, you know what I mean)...

17. +1...and if you don't like it, haul it to the ACD festival at the end of the summer in Auburn, Indiana, and I'd bet the mortgage you get your money back...
    BTW great last name Mr. Nash !!

18. sololobo

sololobo

Snag it for a grand. Check with all the restoration minded before you do anything with it. This may bring you the best return on investment. They are rare and most deserve to be restored and not hot rodded. Good Luck, Lucky! ~sololobo~

19. Is it a Hollywood, or a Sharknose? If it's the Sharknose, my buddy sold one that he found upside down half mashed in a creek for the grand. Guy needed the trim and some other parts off it. And still has the motor. The supercharger has value, the rest of the engine really doesn't have much.

My book says for a #5 car - complete but needs total restoration - values of anywhere from $2200 to $5000 depending on model, year, and body style, with the supercharged Hollywood Custom being in the $5000 range (they say around $41,000 mint perfect). Thats an 8/10 book.

20. kerker

kerker

This is a Hollywood less its nose.
    Dick

Attached Files:

21. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

----------------------------
    Hmmm??? Must be a late-production
    '41 Graham Hollywood because it's
    got the ultra-rare, factory optional,