Register now to get rid of these ads!

New 57-60 F100 Owner

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by smathia1, May 3, 2011.

1. smathia1

smathia1

Just picked up a 1960 F100 short bed so now I'm ready to join in on the fun. I have been lurking for a while gathering info on these trucks so I'm sure I will be posting plenty of questions.

The truck currently has a 302 with a c4 trans, some kind of newer steering column, and a non original bench seat that isn't bolted down. The previous owner converted to 12 volt but apparently didn't finish because most of the switches don't do anything. The wiring is a mess.

So my first few questions:

What is the best route to take for rewiring? I have been looking at the Ron Francis Retro and Bare Bonz kits to just start over fresh.

What year bench seats will bolt into the 57-60's? I don't even have the stock rails.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. blackedout

blackedout
    from illinois

I put a 90s Chevy full size bench in mine, $60 lighter and 20 minutes later I was on my way home.

3. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I doubt they had to convert the truck to 12 volts since the '57+ newer trucks never came in 6 volts.
    As far as a grille send a private message to ZephyrV12 , here on the HAMB.

Good Luck.

4. Welcome! Lets see some pics! ;)

5. Welcome from Florida, TR

6. smathia1

smathia1

Thanks for the replies, I have not been on here in a while. Got a better grill, just trying to figure out how to get the old one off. As far as the seat and wiring, nothing yet. I think I will just make some brackets for the seat that is in the truck now. The wiring is still a mess, the previous owner said someone had converted it to 12 volts but I guess he was mistaken. The wiring harness is from something else and has a ton of extra wires and plugs that are just hanging everywhere. I will try to get some pics when the new grill is on.

7. How about you tell us alittle about yourself, per the rules please.

8. smathia1

smathia1

My apologies to the H.A.M.B. gods.

I am currently 26 years old so I am kind of new to hot rods and am learning as I go. I've been into imports and motorcycles and about anything with wheels and a motor since my early teens so I have finally decided to jump into hot rods.

I am in northcentral West Virginia and actually found the truck locally. It has a Colorado plate on it that looks pretty old so I'm not sure how long it has been off the road or how long it has been in this region. After further inspection I have discovered some fiberglass repairs but it's solid for the most part. Right now I am just trying to make it road worthy and then work on the engine and lower it.