Register now to get rid of these ads!

AMBR— How many Homebuilts in 2011?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Krylon John, May 2, 2011.

1. Krylon John

Krylon John
    BANNED
    from Placentia

Takeout "T" and Dick Bennett's 32, I know these two cars were garage built. Were there any more contenders for 2011's AMBR that were also built by the owner in a 18x24 and 18x20 garage?

I'm writing an article, I'd like to have it close to right— Maybe even right, that would be better.

Thank you

2. Krylon John

Krylon John
    BANNED
    from Placentia

No kidding, not one person knows — remarkable.

3. No one probably cares, to be perfectly honest.

JH

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I think that's what makes the Take Out T special. I know what you're saying Harrison but I fucking dig that the Take Out T was built by an average dude on an average income. I respect anyone that can build a car to that level how ever they do it but when I found out that he did it in a two car garage with the help of his friends....well I can't help but to rally around that.

It's like Kate Middleton becoming royalty this past friday when she married Prince William....weep weep...hhahahahahahaha!!!!!

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I don't think there were any other cars but I think that maybe it's kinda sorta paved a path for more people to try to build a car for that trophy.

6. Krylon John

Krylon John
    BANNED
    from Placentia

Hey Jeffrey, thank you very much. This will be but just a very tiny blip in an upcoming issue of Street Rodder, and I needed some help. You nailed it!

Thanks again

7. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Oh oh.....my garage is 24 x48....maybe I better knock 2/3rds of it down.....or maybe since I built it too gives me an out.:eek::D;)......as if what I ever built would be ambr quality. I love to see garage built cars!!

8. Krylon John

Krylon John
    BANNED
    from Placentia

You're probably up for some kind of Home Depot award. I'd check up front on the bulletin board near where they keep the DIY plumbing books.

Yeah, I love seeing garage built stuff too, especially when it blows away what pro shops have done... This might sound funny, but the homebuilder is actually sometimes at an advantage because they don't have to worry about turning a profit.

9. I know Thee Inland Emperors had a absolute blast helping Russ build and show the Take Out T this year. Heck, we had so fun, we might just find another club member who wants to do it again.

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well Chris has been gathering up Chrome like a gold chainer lately. Maybe it's his turn to step up from Rat Rodder to Show Rodder!:D:D

11. That's true, but we might have to bring Chris along in baby steps towards being a Full Show Rodder, considering that we can't get him to bring his cars to an outdoor Goodguys show. :D

12. johnnyboy76

johnnyboy76
    from Sparta, WI

We have the next three years all set!