Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest I lost the other Hot Rodder in my family...so long Uncle Lloyd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BIGREDTODD, May 2, 2011.

1. On the same day that we buried my Dad, my Great-Uncle Lloyd passed away as well at the age of 87.

Lloyd was a bit of a hermit, but he and I had been thick as thieves as long as I can remember. He was a hell-raising young man who enlisted & fought in WWII, continued to work for a local Army Depot until he retired.

He raced cracker box boats, and loved being on the water. He was always a Ford man, but welcomed Oldsmobiles & Cadillacs to his table as well. I never grew tired of hearing his stories of Keith Black, Bob Hedman, Vic Sr., Bobby Meeks, and the other usual suspects involved in racing during that period.

He & I could bench race with the best of 'em, and I will miss that terribly.

So long, uncle Lloyd

4/14/24 - 4/30/11

My Great-Uncle Lloyd, and a very little BIGREDTODD about 30 years ago, one of my favorite pictures:
    [​IMG]

2. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

sorry for your loss(es). may they rest in peace

3. Todd, so sorry to hear about your losses. Seems like life is hammering you hard right now, but hang in there and hold on to those memories. All the best to you and your family.

4. May they both rest in peace.

5. Bummer Todd! I didn't know. Sorry for your loss.

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

sorry for your loss ..

I no longer have any hot rodding family either:(

7. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I hope you find peace brother,,

8. Thanks guys...I appreciate it.

9. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly