Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Stray Kat 500 May 6, 7 & 8, 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Nov 29, 2010.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your late, I'm already here.....

Very kool, Coffee will be ready.

2. DiamondEyesDeVille

DiamondEyesDeVille
    from Hope, Ar

Well, my caddy isn't ready thanks to the weather, but some of our crew (including us) from Hope are heading down there Thursday morning, and then the rest of the crew are heading there on Friday morning.

3. wild_eye

wild_eye
    from Seneca, MO

the backyard kustomz will be there fri am

4. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

I am ready for this party too Travis............

5. Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

My brother and I are planning to head up Saturday morning out of Tulsa/Jenks area. Anybody else heading up Saturday from this area that we could tag along with? PM me with time and location to meet at. Gonna be an awesome weekend!!

Kirk

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Sad to say, none of the ColoRODo Caddy Boys will be at the SK500 this weekend.

The price of fuel has killed our 13 hour trip from Denver...I drove the '55 Caddy to Moab, Utah, last weekend for the April Action show...and it cost me $300.00 for fuel (and Moab is only 300 miles from Denver), highest per gallon price I paid was $4.25 per...so, a thousand dollar weekend is out of reach for me and Dan.

Sure was looking forward to driving down, but I guess oil company greed is more important than having fun, so we'll just be doing local stuff around here this summer...and attempting to save money for Salina in July...!!!

FWIW, I had 200 miles on the new engine the morning we headed out...the Caddy ran well and was a big hit in Utah altho the MPG suffered...

R-

7. yblock292

yblock292

This oil shit sucks, just had 2 new 255 70 15's put on my daily driver pickup...........$317 twice what i paid a couple of years ago

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very Kool, the more Kustom family the better

Some of the locals were wanting to know if you were going to bring some CDs with ya to
    sell. People around here have a Pushrod addiction.

Looking forward to seeing ya guys roll in....Have a safe trip up

I hate that you guys were not able to make it. The mayor of Dewey was going to give
    you the Key to the City and other smoooz'n gifts. Oh well, maybe next time. I'll send you
    a care package and see ya guys in Salina.

Sorry to hear that ya didn't get the Caddy rolling in time. You guys have been getting hamer'd with rain and storms. It kool that your still coming up, It looks like that we are going to have a good turn out. Today we have 233 pre-entires this is over 60 more then we had last year. Have a safe trip up and see ya guys in a couple of days.

Happy Trails, Mick

9. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Yea we got some cd's and some of the new t shirts left. Oh yea and tell that kid with the crazy yo yo skills to bring. Jimbo and I will be bringing the yo yo pain in Dewey this year. Hopefully Jimbo will not take his shirt off and try to intimidate the kid this year.
    Also I am going to try to get Jimbo to bring stuff and we will have Pushrod-Mart open again this year.
    "Pushrod-Mart: Watch your head because our prices are always falling" Jimbo 2009
    Mickey tell Myers that Danny is bringing his truck and wants him to stripe the S out of it.

10. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be talking to Myers tonight and I will tell him to go to his Yoga class so he will be all
    limber'd up. We talk about tht truck all the time. Very kool ride. I talk to Jimbo's Yoyo
    Enemy one last weekend and he is ready for the YoYo off. I thought that we would do
    the duel right after the Car Green tribute. (1:00ish)

Happy Trails, Mick

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  11. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Mike, Pushrod set a high bar at Doc's on Congress, I mean c'mon how can you top having women loving the show so much that their tops start flying off?

Great cd by the way, I listened to it a few times on the 9 hour drive back from Austin :)

12. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

what's a Voga class? :p

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. yblock292

yblock292

i think is has to do with big guys wearing dresses

14. 49toad

49toad

Roger. I thought those Caddy's were Hybrids?

15. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't know if it ws my bad eyes or my bad speall'n? Yoga is what I was wanting to type. Thanks for the spell check....LOL!!

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was a wild night, I'm still trying to figure out a way to get a flat bed trailer in to the
    hotel..

17. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

We'll have 1, but I'm going to need a chainsaw & some duct tape to get it into the room....shhhhhhh don't tell Dad that let the cat out that he's towing!
    When Mike's amp fell off that trailer I thought our night was over...the jack may need re-welded now too!

18. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

They are, they are...however, it depends on the definition of a hybrid...

Funk & Wagnell's has this to say: hybrid: (definition) the result of mixing elements- something made up of a mixture of different aspects or components...

Which is exactly what we did...except for the fact that the fuel powering them is still damned expensive...

R-

19. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

It IS a hybrid: It burns gas and rubber!

20. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Are the "Pushrod's" playing?

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ.

21. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11:30 Julie Majors

1:ish Rumblejets

3:00 Pushrod

They will be playing downtown at the Park.....

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Cool!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ.

23. davidh73750

davidh73750

Yeah went to go get beers my friend and my dad saw the topless act. CD is great only thing missing is white trash anthem on it

24. getting up 5am tomeorrow morn heading out hope the wagon makes it did the dynotune up hope it gets better than the last 12 mpg
    plan on doing starbird on thursday:eek:nothing like a new car with a ton of work just done on it to give a extended road test:cool:

25. blktie96ss

blktie96ss

Mick do you know what time the church will be open to set up? I just found out I got to work Friday night so no feed and crawl for us again! Just needed a rough time so we know when to tell my help to be there to set up.

26. 4406

from Oklahoma

Not gonna make it this year,so you can give the spots I marked off in December lol. take pics and everyone enjoy.

27. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I promise to take plenty of pics :)

28. Me be there for Saturday after all, with a kink in my neck:eek:

[​IMG]

29. yblock292

yblock292

We will be leaving my place at 10:00 thursday morning, Shit thats tomarrow! Anyone want to join us let me know