Register now to get rid of these ads!

hot rod 1938 ford coupe pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustisgold, Apr 1, 2011.

1. BLACKNRED

BLACKNRED

pic of my coupe back in '87 about 6 months after purchase.

Attached Files:

• 38.jpg
      38.jpg
      File size:
      386.5 KB
      Views:
  2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

reposted from ISmellSmoke's Billetproof thread:

[​IMG]

3. rustisgold

rustisgold

i love the stence of ryans coupe, a heavy rake is what these cars need

4. rustisgold

rustisgold

it was just starting to dry up enough to where we could almost get throgh the field to pick up our coupes without getting stuck, then today it starts to rain! im pulling my hair out with antisipation!

5. fenderhead

fenderhead
    from Stevens PA

I have one I am building now. Will be done late summer. Check my profile and look at the album for the latest pics. 21/2" Chop, suicide doors, all the usual hotrod stuff underneath.

6. Fe26

Fe26

rustisgold, just to let you know the '37' body is almost indentical to the '38's' The only difference is in the mounting of the front mudguards (fenders), they are a different shape between standard and deluxe, apart from the club coupe (ugly ducklings) the bodies are the same.

7. I wish I had a pic for you as I really like these coupes. When I was a kid (late '50s) there was one just up the street from our house. A vermillion red (slightly orange like the '57 Chevy) coupe, white pin striping, white interior with red piping, a nice rubber rake with white walls and chrome reversed rims. It also ran lakes cut-outs behind the front wheels and twin scavenger pipes out back (the ones with the 4" bells). Geez, what a cool ride! Like I said, wish I had a pic for you... :(

-Dave

8. jzl

jzl
    from Finland

yes, the body is almost same. only difference that i have seen is in fordor and tudor body, trunk lid hinges are diffrent. but between 37 and 38 standard, front and back fenders are different, all front clip panels and hood is different too.

9. rustisgold

rustisgold

ya im going to be using all 38 stuff from the firewall forward, ill post pics ass soon as we gan get them, its been a long wet spring so far

10. Crappy cell phone pic,my dads 38 with my 36
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

11. 351cmach

351cmach
    from Ma

Just picked this 1 up today. Hopefully it will be done by next summer. (I have a feeling it's ganna be a huge pic sorry. How do I shrink it?
    [​IMG]

12. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

13. yngrodder

yngrodder

Here is mine Just bought it last month, I have put a dropped axle and reveresed the springs and a new set of tires, It has 39 hood sides, grille and Trim.

As It was when I bought it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Setting next to my Dads 38 Std
    [​IMG]

14. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

38 Deluxe/39 Standard are the coolest!
    Sold mine to fund a 36 though.

Attached Files:

15. Thirtyeight

Thirtyeight

Hey, anyone out there have a workable L/R Fender sure could use one form my Conv?

16. I have a couple of 38 projects!!! Pick up with a standard front clip!!! And a four door deluxe sedan thinking of turning it into a sedan delivery!!! Or a woody sedan delivery!!! What do you think!! Not trying to hijack!!!

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

OL 55 posted Ryan's '38 Deluxe.................uber bitchin coupe with a Rehr-Morrison 427 small block I believe. If you do some searching on the HAMB you'll find a video of it filling the street where he used to live with enough smoke off the rear tires to kill all of the mosquitoes for a mile around and the sound of the small block will send chills up your spine.
    I've got Harrison's old '38 Deluxe and I've just finished changing the brakes from mechanical to '40 hydraulic and one more check for leaks it will come off the lift for a more pleasant ride not having to do a nail-biter stop at every intersection.

Frank

18. Hey, rustisgold.........did you ever get the cars pulled out of the field??
    Whats up with 'em?

19. richie rebel

richie rebel

that,looks like a 37

20. yngrodder

yngrodder

nope thats a 38 standard,

21. Here are photos of my '38 humpback made into a '37 slantback. Thousands of man-hours....................

Attached Files:

22. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

Good idea never seen that before....a lot of work

23. richie rebel

richie rebel

your car is a 38,i'm talking about the red one,sure looks like a 37 to me...

24. yngrodder

yngrodder

the red one is a 38 standard, my coupe is a 38 deluxe, the standard shared the same body as a 37 but the fenders and dog house is different,