Register now to get rid of these ads!

Computer artists, I need help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol'chevy, May 2, 2011.

1. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I am working up a logo for our new shop, Classic Speed and Custom. I am working in Corel Draw 9. I can't remember how to do a pinstriping design for the background. I did it once for my painting T shirts after Jeff Styles showed me how, but I can't seem to duplicate it again. Any help?

Please, before I go bald!

Thanks,
    Russ

2. Dzuari

Dzuari
    from Muncie, IN

3. Geeeyum

Geeeyum
    from Garland Tx

Russ,

At work I work in CorelDraw & I'll try to help.
    If you have a design scanned that you wish to clean up, you can import the design in a JPEG first, then trace the pinstripe lines manually with the line tool ( I've found this gives you cleaner results than using the automatic trace option ) once you trace one line, use your contour tool to give you a consistant even thicker line. Trace one line, then the next.
    I normally just trace one side of the design I wish to use then make a duplicate and flip it. I hope this information is of some use to you.
    Jim C.

Also is any of of the pinstripes are thicker at some point ? and or have tapered ends.the 'nodes' can be editted to get the look you are after.

4. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I am actually trying to compose the whole pinstripe design in Corel. I've done it before, but my CRS is kicking in and now my Tourette's is acting up.

5. Geeeyum

Geeeyum
    from Garland Tx

Chevy,

Okay....when starting from scratch...make your line the desired length, then convert it to a curve and use the nodes to shape the line that you want, then use the contour tool to widen the line, break those two apart, then use the nodes of the wider version to smooth and shape it. ( I hope this is further help)

6. Geeeyum

Geeeyum
    from Garland Tx

I prefer using the contour options to widen lines, reason being, you don't have to hassle with setting your line thickness to scale for each line when you want to reduce or enlarge your design.

7. Geeeyum

Geeeyum
    from Garland Tx

On my profile page, you'll see an album titled painting and computer graphics, the first three pictures were all created in Corel7, I scanned line art that I drew freehand, then went back and traced each one manually for my line art to insure consistant clean lines.

8. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

drew a line, can't get it to convert to curves.

9. Hit F10, marquee select the line, click on the little curved line up top in the menu area and it will be converted to curved.

Dennis

10. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Thats what I needed. Thanks. I need to talk to you about some club plaques.