Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser series at Milan Draway in Michigan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Falcon Gasser, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Rich1028

Rich1028

Congrats Jon
    and thanks for the reply on the pm

2. Does anyone have pictures?

3. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

well there were 10 of us there.i didnt get any pics.i know tom ran a 9.94 134mp against me and we both let off at the end.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zBaYzS-IoI

4. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Big thanks to Steve and Tim Timoszyk for setting up this series with Milan Dragway and it was a great first event at Milan yesterday. We had 11 show out of possible 16 that were on the list and thats good because a few of the guys were still getting ready. I took a few pictures earlly when every one was unloading and still pulling in. The cars ranged from high 9's to mid 11's in e.t. and the track was still green because of all the rain we had over the past several weeks and not getting many cars down the track. Martin Smith with his Opel put on a great show with wheels up starts along with Tom Nowicki and his 56 Chevy who between Tim and him they backed the crowds away from the fence when they put the cars up almost on the bumpers ( Don Moyer would have been proud of them ) I was lucky enough to pull out a win against Joe Beausoleil in his 64 Falcon, Joe was hitting the lights right on and running strong in the 10.00 index and just clipped the red light in the finals with a -0179 to my +.0270 reaction time. I went 11.16 on a 11.00 index. Thanks to everyone who made it out, next race is May 21st Detroit Dragway Reunion and if you are interested in running in the Gasser Shootout please P.M. me or go to www.greatlakesgassers.com for all the information about the series, it is "worth" your time to contact us before coming out so you are on the list.

Rusty ( Bad Banna ) hope to see you out there when you are ready.

Jonny Rotten, we will see you on the 21st with the one of the baddest Chevy II's out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to the following who came out.

Joe Beausoleil 1964 Falcon
    Martin Smith 1967 Opel
    Larry Cousino 1939 Pontiac<O:p</O:p
    Tony Halsey 1963 Chevy II<O:p</O:p
    Rex Jordon 1962 Dart<O:p</O:p
    Mike Kulchinski 1951 Henry J<O:p</O:p
    Scott McFarland 64 Chevy II<O:p</O:p
    Tom Nowiki 1956 Chevrolet<O:p</O:p
    Tim Timoszyk 1942 Willys Coupe
    Dan Sanford 1962 Pontiac Tempest
    Jon Tomkins 1960 Falcon

5. Rich1028

Rich1028

great pics

I like this
    [​IMG]

6. Rich1028

Rich1028

7. Mattbee

Mattbee

Congrats on the win Jon! Looks like it was a lot of fun. I can't wait for the Detroit Dragway Reunion!

8. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

hopefully ill be there too.

9. jim_ss409

jim_ss409

Nice bunch of cars!
    Thanks for posting pictures.

10. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

heres 2 that mike took of my car.

Attached Files:

11. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Mike took this one, I think its the best picture I have of the car leaving the line. I am going to have to contact him about a larger print for dad to hang on his wall.

Jon

[​IMG]

12. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

That is a great shot there Jon.....that photo guy relly can capture the moments well, cant he.

13. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

Mike took this one, I think its the best picture I have of the car leaving the line. I am going to have to contact him about a larger print for dad to hang on his wall.

jon.

jon,
    nice pic.
    sorry i missed you guys, i was hoping to get up there. waitn on my trans brake. i prolly wont make the may 21st run but i'm in for june as it looks right now.

george

14. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

George, you dont need a trans break, mash the brake and hit the gas and go for it, yours is still going to pull the wheels whith the engine you have.

Jon

15. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

hope to see you guys at thompson this weekend,for the gasser reunion.racing will be friday the 3rd and saturday the 4th.the weather looks good just maybe alittle HOT!!!!!!

16. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

17. billys54

billys54