Register now to get rid of these ads!

rat rod RUMBLE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bullet boy, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedfiend

speedfiend

Heres a few pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And heres Pop and I taking the Tritons up the strip.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  2. SOUTHCROSS

SOUTHCROSS
    from Tn

My wife and I made it to our first Rumble and thought it was a great event.I was sorry that my Morris minor was'nt done,but we came in our 57 Fairlane and even got a chance to run the old boat down the track and not embarass ourselves too bad.
    I bet it looked pretty funny from the stands seeing that big 4 door hardtop car complete with continental kit lumbering down the track.
    It was good to so many rods running round after round off flag starts.
    I saw a few cars have problems, but I did not see any big oildowns and long delays like when you go to a big drag event.
    Good crowd, good people and a good event ,we met the new track manager and he was excited about making improvements to the track and increasing the parking areas.
    We will be back next year. Enclosed is a picture of the 57 drag boat.

3. SOUTHCROSS

SOUTHCROSS
    from Tn

Sorry,picture did'nt load ,will try again.

Attached Files:

4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

those tritons were awesome

5. speedfiend

speedfiend

Thanks! We had a great time. See ya'll again next year!

6. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Anybody get a picture of a gray '41 Plymouth Gasser?

7. rick finch

rick finch

You have to be kidding me! The track manager allowed this? Hope he had a shit-ton of liability insurance......just call me an old worrying, pussy former racer.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

8. speedfiend

speedfiend

light'n up.

Its just a car show. 1/8 mi. No lights, no timers. Really just a burn out.
    All for fun, nobody got hurt.

9. slammed

slammed

Nice pix Speedfiend!

10. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

If the track manager is on a mission to shut down the track, he is doing great! Guys in T-Shirts running bikes down the track! Burn outs in cars that most likely will fail tech with the windows down doing burnouts on the track with passengers on board! Awesome!!

I like your cavalier attitude towards all this, just fun, right? Just fun when someone files a lawsuit after the burnout king lost control on the line and slammed into someone in the opposite lane or the Evil Knievel Twins re-coat the track with skin. Busting your balls, yes, because I have seen this happen and it will kill the fun really fast.

Trying to kill the fun? No, just trying to warn you to fix these things and make for a better event for all that will keep on going. We tend to overlook things when having fun and only see them when the bad happens. So the best policy is to keep it under control and not invite problems to happen.

Glad you had fun and a good show, but please, think safety next time. That is all.

11. speedfiend

speedfiend

You guys should probably not attend this event next year. I don't think you'd have much fun. I suspect you might worry yourself sick.

Evil Knievil Twins, HA! Ilike that. Think I'll have that printed on my racing T-shirt.

12. I wouldn't worry too much, Rick. That thing looks like it'd have trouble making 60 MPH.

13. 21tat

21tat

Thanks for the pics. Looks like a great show. Have fun. Love the name!

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

And Daddyfink is right, all it will take is one incident, and its only a matter of time before there is one, and this event, and track that it is held at will be a done deal. And if its a fatality, the media will have a fucking field day with it. But you guys will still have your cuffs rolled up, so its all good.

15. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Damn... I'm sure these guys really appreciate the advice. Especially coming from guys that are on the other side of the country. Even though most guys think we are all just a bunch of retarded hillbillies.

Maybe you Cali guys or even a genius Canadian could teach us how to build a car that would get out of the 12's?

That would be AWESOME!:rolleyes:

16. Special Ed

Special Ed

Sadly, Tennessee is not immune from track closures, as I'm certain you are well aware Gomer...
    Everybody enjoys a good time, but acting recklessly simply speeds up the process of the elimination of drag strips from our communities. No advise being given. Simply an observation...

17. speedfiend

speedfiend

While your concern is appeciated, TN is a no " no fault" insurance state.
    I think that is a reflection of a self-reliant, take responsibilty for your self attitude.

We're doing OK, but thanks.

18. When I was in my teens and early 20s, there were a whole lot of drag strips in the So Cal area. Really a lot of them. There was a drag strip in every town big enough to have a post office, all across America. Now? Not so many. If that one in this thread goes away, that's one more closed. I would think the local guys would think of that. Noise restrictions and property prices assure that there will never be a new track in the So Cal area. You fellas, back east of us, might want to count your blessings for having a small, local track. And become preservationists of that track.

Or not. I went to the Viva Ls Vegas rockerbilly weekender last week end. It was a fun party. It was the appropriate place for pseudo '50s movie inspired high jinx. Drag racing means a lot to us older fellas. We hold high hopes that you'll get it right and usher a new age of the classic style digs. To me, it looks like you're clowning around there, lots of you. To lots of racers and people involved in drag racing, it's sort of like clowning in church. I believe we might take it too seriously, but you guys with access to a local track could be doing good things. And you should. I've never been to the HAMB Drags, but that might be a good model to look at. Or, as I said: Or not. It's never too late to screw a good thing up.

Either way, good luck to you.

19. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

411 Speedway has been in operation since 1960, seems like maybe they have it figured out. Maybe you guys should give those Gomer's a call and voice your concerns. I'm sure they would appreciate it.

Yes, Tn is a no fault state. You sign a waiver at the gate to get as stupid as you want.

20. ratster

ratster

the 411 track has new mangers, they start on may 6th. the track will see alot of changes.

21. Yup. "Hold my beer and watch this", right?

22. I agree a 100%. Very well said.

23. TINGLER

TINGLER

Ha ha ha.
    Things on the HAMB never change. :D

Thanks for posting the pics. Wish I'd been there. I started out that way but got to wandering on the bike and never made it. :D The Ozone area sure is nice this time of year by the way. Good thing I missed the show though, it sounds real dangerous and scary. Nothing worse than Dangerous Clown Gomers I tell you.

I'll check back in next year for the annual RRR bashing thread. lol.

24. ratster

ratster

hold my beer? we have moonshine here, no need for beer. lol

25. Hey! The Tingler's back! Hope all is well, friend.
    Phil

26. TINGLER

TINGLER

Other than $4 gas. Things ain't too bad. ;) :D

Glad to see you're still kickin' Chili!

27. I need to come back there and get some of the cheap $4 gas, man. We're pushing $5 for 91 octane.

28. DaltonGang

DaltonGang

That's awesome! Well played!

29. Gavin_Ivey

Gavin_Ivey
    from Seneca, SC

30. jfg455

jfg455
    from NH

nice shots. looked like a good time had by all. I think the shows name fit as 90% of the pics were of (sounds like Hat) rods. Though I did see at least 3 nice traditional rods in there!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.