Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are you guys taking advantage of the HAMB Social Groups?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alteredpilot, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Just wondering. i am finding so much rad stuff in the groups. I just picked up a 54 ford sedan. i know nothing about slab side fords, but i found a 52-56 ford group. getting all the info i need right there without worrying about my posts dropping to the 5th page in an hour or scrolling through pages and pages of search results.

there's a rad upholstery group. saved me a TON of searching on the main board.

I'm going to spend some more time searching groups. what a gem. great idea!

2. I've tried taking advantage of them bu most of 'em are too smart for that. I did offer one candy the other day. :D

You're right very good idea. The ones I belong to move pretty slow but I do go cruise the groups once in awhile to see what is going on. Some pretty slick stuff out there and its departmentalized. Ya want Chebby stuff find a chebby group or ya want only model As and there it is.

3. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

i started an anti social group for henway owners , there were a lot of lurkers , but no one joined : )

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

someone decided that the 49-54 Chevy group should be called "rock stars with torque wrenches". it is like a ghost town.... maybe if they had named it 49 - 54 chevy group it would have some people who go there.

5. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Ok, I'll bite...what's a Henway? About 4 pounds? :rolleyes:

It never fails, at least once a month someone starts a music related thread on the main board. In an efford to keep the HAMB free of O/T clutter I created a group dedicated to Rock n' Roll (as did another user, cretin). We have 114 members, but I'd guess only 10 or so regular users...and still people make O/T threads on the main board :confused:

My other usergroup, for Canadian members, is doing great :)

6. OH man I thought that was like a lesbian Britteny Spears social group. Hell now that I know its for 49-54 Chevys I won't go there. ;)

I never did understand the "Rocks Stars with Wrenches" thing. Not to hijack the thread but does anyone have any insight to that?

The hispanic social group isn't growing much but that's OK with me. I don't have to remember as many names that way.

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

I love me some social groups.....

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

9. I've joined a few and they're useful, informative and endlessly entertaining. Some I check daily and others only on occasion. I don't think they've even scratched the surface of their full potential yet because a lot of folks don't understand the concept or can't navigate to them.

10. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

There's a photo of him tightening his valve cover screws with a torque wrench.

I forgot to mention that the boys in the Old Farts Club have been a great source for information, friendship and laughs and I would like ot thank them for all their help, insight and ribbing over the past year and a half or so I've been a member. Wearing my OFC shirt at work today :D

11. [​IMG]

12. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Ahh, never mind I was mistaken.

From the small photo in the group I thought it had covers... sorry!

13. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I've been taken advantage of.................................I mean, taking advantage of them.................

14. I tried a lot of the groups, the 52-56 Ford seems to be the best of the lot. Lots of participation, good info, no flaming and strong active leadership. My .02

15. hlfuzzball

hlfuzzball
    from Michigan

Took your suggestion and made the effort to look through the full list of Social Diseases , errr Social Groups.

My, we sure have some weird interests here, don't we ? LOL

Found a few groups that may even accept me joining them. Thanks for the tip.

16. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Thanks for the compliment!:D I started the Group up in May of '09 we now list 550+ guys and gals that I am very proud of for the contributions and courtesy shown within the Group.Like anything good you have to work at it,whenever I run across folks on other sites with similar interests I invite them to join as well as folks I meet at local shows and encourage our members to do the same.One of our members has even put together a members map so you can locate members in their respective areas.

17. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

AD Truckers group has been a good source of info for me

18. if your in the pacific N.W. or plan on being in the area check the N.W. HAMBERS social club out, 750+ strong!

19. 26 roadster

26 roadster

I check my groups first, some are active and some are sleeping, the main board has a lot of redundant questions (second time in a week for this one) and I only go through 5 pages and then to newbies for a welcome or two.

20. Where is the social group page? How do i get their?

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

I should check into the Lyndwood Eliminators more often.

22. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

I think it kinda sucks in the 'rear'. These groups also take possible good topics out of sight from the main forum, so IMO the main forum 'looses out' in the end.
    Because those social groups being 'buried' in the menubar with a single sublink, and because they aren't listed/visible next to the main forum-link, I'm never reminded they are there. I'm sure lots others might agree.

my 2 cents.

23. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

I could never be a member of a social
    group that would have ME as a member! :mad:

(Thanks to Groucho for that one! :D LOL)

24. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

I have joined a few, the Hearse group and the Custom Interior group. The hearse group moves very slow, like a funeral procession??? HAA HAA I crack myself up! But still cool. And the interior group is AWESOME. I have only done a few small projects, but the group is very informative.

25. Click 'Community' under the HAMB banner at the top of the page and there will be a drop down menu.
    ...or here's the direct link- http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php

26. I like the Social Groups feature. I'm only a member on a few, but they're informative, and the threads on them seem to avoid the arguments, shit stirring, and topic direction changes that happen on the main forum threads. Plus, like someone else said, your question doesn't get buried within 15 minutes. Groups may run a little slower, but you're sure to get a more focused, and accurate answer.

Think I'm going to go browse some groups right now.

27. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

x2...

28. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

x3
    I'm sure that there is a lot of good info that I'm missing out on, but I simply don't have the time to research and read them. Actually, I can't even keep up with the main board.

29. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hanging around the H.A.M.B. is kinda like going to the drags - things just move way too fast for us old guys and it's hard to keep up.

BTW, FiddyFour: My sympathies on the death of your bead roller... ;)

30. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Just left three of the groups because they are not active "enough" wish them the best, but if you join a group, post once in a while!