Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 Olds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RDP, Dec 3, 2010.

1. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

I have the opportunity to pick up a couple of Olds for real cheap. One is a '52 two door hard top and the other is a four door parts car. The two door has a clean title and is in pretty good shape. Are parts for these impossible to find. Might need rocker panels not sure about floor pans. I don't see nearly as many of these as Chevys of that style. What are they worth as a package deal. There are also 3 packards of the same era, '51 i think 2 two door sedans and 1 four door all with clean titles. Any input would be appreciated.

2. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

get them you will love having a olds

3. Outstanding to have a Hot Rod that everyone else isn't driving. Also gives you a greater sense of accomplishment when your done. Best advice is ask yourself do I have the skills, resourses, and talent for a not so popular build. BDM

4. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

What models? 88,Super88, 98? The 52 98 uses some of the body panels from a 53 98, but the dash is very different. The 88 and Super 88 models might be able to use 51 Super 88 body panels. The 51 Super 88 dashes should be the same as 52 88 and Super 88.

5. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

love oldsmobiles, such great cars.....................john

6. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Olds all the way

7. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

They are only worth what you are willing to pay for them . I love my Olds but being realistic , those are not money makers if thats what your trying to do , if the body shape strikes you and you want to build it and enjoy , we're here to help .
    I'd say $1000-1500 max pair. having a title is big plus now days, saves some headache

8. interst8er

interst8er
    from SoCal

I have a 52 OLds 98 Hardtop Holiday. Its not impossible to find parts just sometimes very difficult. I think the for me the hardest (i believe imposible) part for me to find would be 1/4 panels and the gravel sheild for a 2 door.

9. cosears

cosears

I have a 52 olds four door and need lots of parts, like tail light lenses, windshield, bumpers, etc. maybe just your whole car? What do you have for sale?
    Thanks Dean

10. appaRATus

appaRATus

I have a 55 88 more door sedan and just about every show or cruise-in I go to it's the only one there and attracts a lot of attention. Get them!

11. I love my Ford but I'd trade for the right Olds in a heartbeat!

12. appaRATus

appaRATus

cosears, send me a pm when you get a chance, I have some tail light lens you might want.