Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's your favorite battery?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Apr 29, 2011.

1. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Batteries are like a lot of things, they are rarely made by the company on the label- o0nce you do your research and find out who makes them, the choices get easier. The WallyWorld batteries are from Johnson Controls, and work out very well- I've been using them for a while with no problems and good life. Haven't had as good results from Interstates, especially ones for motorcycles- not very strong and a couple years life at best.
    The funny ones are the folks who think they need to buy "Genuine Harley Davidson" oil, batteries, plugs, etc. because it'll be "better"- they don't make any of that stuff, it's all provided by vendors by the cheapest bid on specs

2. tnrotter

tnrotter
    from Tennessee

I just bought a guys project he lost interest in and it has a 3 year old Wal-Mart marine battery. Was holding about 10.5 volts and I put an overnight charge on it. Has started up and held charge ever since. Thing I like about Wal-Mart is that they stand by their warranty based on date of manufacture of battery without any kind of paperwork. Just bought my wife a late model vehicle with about a 3 year old battery that failed twice this winter. She took it in and per my instructions told them it had a bad cell. They checked it out, put her in a new one and she got away from there for $30.

3. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Not to sound impolite, but if I hadn't had several INTERSTATES that lasted just as long as the months emblazoned on their sides, I wouldn't be switching all our five trucks and cars to them. Usually, if an INTERSTATE says 75 or 85 months, you may rely on it to last that long -- or longer.

And I don't work for them, nor do I know anybody who does.

4. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

Made for Cat by Deka. According to Caterpillar specs, the plates are glued in place. That minimizes the damage caused by vibration. Deka also manufactures Harley batteries, not that it matters for this forum, but still kinda cool.

5. havi

havi

+1 !! Last forever it seems, and that includes plowing in the Winter.