Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest If you come to argentina...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Path Thirteen, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Hello there, well my name is Patrick... Im from Argentina, im building a 51 ford (chopped, 4 door to 2 door conversion, etc) so maybe some of you saw my thread and knows who i am.

If some of you guys are planning to come to Buenos Aires for some vacations, bussines, or whatever and if you are interested in meet some overseas hambers, heres my invitation.

We can go to some hot rods shows, travel in my ugly falcon, go for a couple of beers, or whatever, go to the shop to see the shoebox, make some BBQ.. i dont know, whatever you want to do. I think it can be a good idea, plus i dont know nobody in flesh from the hamb... so if youre bored in Buenos Aires, Just send me a PM and well figure it out what to do.

All this thread was inspirated becouse i was reading the thread "Were is the strangest place you went on HAMB at?"
    And i saw someone that wrote that he was on a Strip Club in buenos aires...hahahahahaha

Well, Everyone is invited !
    Let the alliance begin !!

Path

2. RickyRodder

RickyRodder

Very cool offer Patrick! I would definately take you up on it if ever in Argentina. I know my wife would love to go there some day. Is there a pretty big hot rod scene there? Sounds like you have a pretty sweet one in the works. Later...:cool:

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Your HAMB name Path Thirteen sounds like a strip club. Is there more that your not telling us ;).

4. Hi Ricky, Mmm Here is not a "big" or "good", Hot Rod / Custom Culture here is growing, with a lot of people of my age (27) and youngers, but here is hard to find american cars, parts arent cheap... so we do what we can... and in the oposite corner we have some old guys "hotrodders" that were the first guys in Argentina, they are almost all old and boring people, lot of "80's" hot rods i mean, all painted the same color, no chrome, lot of bad taste... but well, we go to those hot rodders events with ours jalopys and they get mad becouse they dont want us becouse they think we are crazy or we dont understand what a hot rod or a custom is (and the real thing is that hey dont understand) but well... i think is allways cool to go and see what were doing in the other corner of the world!

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey Patrick I'd love to visit Argentina. A good friend of mine from years ago was born there and went back every few years to visit family. He told me alot about how beautiful the country was, said the women were in a class of their own. His family raised cattle, told me about the Gaucho's eating the eyes of the lamb and some kind of local liquor, forgot the name. Sounds like a cool place!

6. Hahahaha NO! in fact i hate strippers club and prostitutes, i hate the fact of PAY for SEX !! NO WAY money is for gas, gas can make the car run, the car is used to go pick some chicks, backseat of the car is used as bed haha :)

But well... if you want to go to a stripper club i can drive you heres a lot ! we have cheap and non cheap, the cheaper, the teethless ! hahaha !!

See ya !

7. Hey !! hahaha cool !! come to see me and give me a hand with that motherfucker roof !! Yeah, its a nice country, not for living... but have awesome landscapes, the womans here are beatifull and we have some ugly ones too !(I DONT WORK FOR A STRIPPER CLUB, this sounds like im trying to sell something).
    Yeah the gauchos are like cowboys but more savages ! They eat all of the cow, the guts,brain, tongue, the tits, nothing goes to the trash... and they eat the Bulls BALLS too !! ughht... i hate that ! i dont like to eat nobodys cherrys !!
    i dont know that local liquor maybe its caña (a distilled from sugar cane)... there is a lot of history i can tell, uncle Dan knows it all !!
    haha :D

8. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

My wife and I travel to South America a few times a year.
    We've been meaning to get down your way.
    When we do I'll definately be getting in touch with you.

Are you also on RuffRodders?
    I spoke to someone there about Churrasco.

If you make it up to Miami let me know.
    I can put Ya up for a few days and show You
    around, food, beer, shows etc.

-Terry

9. Cool !! Send me a PM if your arround.
    Yes i am on ruffrodders but i dont post anymore becouse i was posting the same there and there... Churrasco is a beef in fact churrasco AKA BEEFE
    this is a churrasco, the diference between the churrasco and beefe is that the beefe has a bone
    [​IMG]

Id love to go to the states i never went, i also im a rockabilly upright bass player and i have a friend there Mack Stevens that plays country and early rockabilly, i recorded some albums with him here in argentina that were relased in the states, he wants me to go there with him to make some tours, i whould like to go there to live and work, play music and build a bunch of customs !! if i go there we have to make a good party with churrascos !! haha

Thanks terry!

10. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

I'll make the chimichuri!

11. :eek::eek::eek:HAHAHA COOL ! ill make the bbq sauce:D:D

12. budd

budd

i was planing a trip to Argentina a couple months ago but couldnt quite pull it off, i love tango, been studying it for two years, my teacher was the student of Miguel Angel Pla of Buenos Aires for some 10 years, Orlando Paiva JR is a great dancer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzEHKecyyXQ

13. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Ahhhh milanesa...

My whole family is from Buenos Aries My cousin lives and works in Patagonia... I need to go back one of the days...

che pibe

Piero

14. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

i go to Argentina about twice a year, most of my family lives there next time im out there ill make sure to give you a call

15. OF COURSE, ANYONE IS WELLCOME !!! lets have some fun !!!

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Never been to Argentina, would love to go
    Most times when in S.A. im in Peru, Lima, Cuzco, Arequipa..and Aguas Calientes.

There seems to be no Hot Rod Car culture there at all , unless you count modified VW's and Mototaxis..:eek:

one of these days we plan to do Argentina..:cool:

17. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

I've been in BsAs a couple of times...Next one I will look for you!... :)