Register now to get rid of these ads!

WCC 54 chevy RC car ON SALE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jey, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Tito

Tito
    from Sacramento

Anyone want to have a 'kustom" competition to benefit the HAMB? Include the 54 chev WCC RC. The 54 is cool, but can definitely get a few tricks and paint done to it. Winner gets nothing but glory, and a little something from me. Maybe a $5.00 buy in, and about a week or two to chop and paint. Hamb members vote on the best. I will donate to the winner: A vintage 60-70's HAMBS beer sign/light (that works) with a nice scene of 3 mighty beer glasses floating through the air over the land of sky blue waters. Has a chalet frame, (I think it's french for slopey eaved-house asshole), with fake plants on both sides. Kinda cool, kinda a fixer-upper, but works and looks good if you are drunk.

Lemme know what you guys think,
    Later Erron
    Haters of ?-Csl

2. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

They both show out of stock on Walmart's web site:( Did anybody buy an extra they want to part with? PM me if ya do.

3. Jey

Jey

4. Antibilly

Antibilly

5. Jey

Jey

i bought 4 of them, but that was because all my friends wanted one, and i was at the PC so...

i get mine tomorrow, says UPS, it should be painted by monday.

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Quick someone talk me out of getting one. I've got the real damn thing, WHY do I need one. Aaauuggghh.

7. 55olds88

55olds88

DAMN all listing sold out, I know peoplw who paid $300 nzd for one of those only 3 months ago, coulda done with a couple to make a dollar or two on myself :(

8. Anderson

Anderson

This thing is cool!!! Gonna have some fun with it before it gets a make-over. those speaker wires were really easy to cut...

9. Antibilly

Antibilly

I just got my two and my uncles one. we are charging them up for happy hour tonight

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The worst thing about the toy is my son repeating "Choppers For Life" in that gay ass Jesse James voice.

11. JamesG

JamesG

THe Wallyworld by my house has one, way up high, on the very top of a shelf. I just don't know if I wanna support WCC?

12. Donzie

Donzie

I got one of each. They're still in the shipping box. I'm afraid if I take 'em out I'll start playing with them. :D
    I'm thinking I should just stick 'em on a shelf somewhere.

I'd like to see some "custom" versions.

13. Antibilly

Antibilly

Play Play paly with them!!!!!!!!!!

14. I'll throw in my "bonus" sticker!

Whoever puts this in one...wins![​IMG]

Just got mine today, been teasing my dogs with it.

15. screwtheman

screwtheman

I got mine yesterday. It's HUUUUGE and LOUD! :D

I've got to pick up some black paint to cover the rims and the chrome where chrome shouldn't be on the grille. I'm still undecided about removing the maltese cross and putting body filler in the recess for it.

I don't have a big enough room to try it, but I'm pretty sure it will do donuts on a slick floor.

16. Anderson

Anderson

It does :D

17. mikefink13

mikefink13
    from maryland

i got mine today the cats love it they hide when it is out ha ha

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I got the '36 on Monday and my wife says that UPS just put the '54 on the front porch.

Frank

19. Mojo

Mojo

For what it's worth, the gray plastic on the 54 is perfect for drawing flames on with a pencil, it can be erased easy... makes it much easier if you want to lay out some flames or something..

I also have that 1/6th SOHC, man what a beautiful motor... I just like to look at it and drool...

20. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Got mine from my 7 year old daughter 2 weeks ago for my birthday.She got me the primered chevy.Her comment was "dad its primered and I know how you cant leave anything alone this way it will be easy for you to paint".

So we took it out of the box drove it around alot and I am now flakin the roof and put scallops on it.
    And yes it is loud.
    LAter Shoe

21. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Post pics when its done

22. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

i'm a 30 yr old man enjoying the hell out of both. My little sister in laws love it! They are 13 and 15

23. My '54 arrived todey...hell, it IS LOUD!

They were out of the '36 when my wife ordered...so I guess 1 is better than none...well worth the $20!!

Dave

24. james

james

There is a switch on the bottom to turn off the speaker.

25. MERCJERK

MERCJERK
    from SAN DIEGO

My 36 didnt have a switch , My buddys 54 has a 3 way on the bottom . I just cut the wire and put a switch in the trunk/rumble . These things are fun as hell :D

26. shit.....UPS says monday till i get to play

27. Jey

Jey

well i got mine friday, finally had a chance to play with it just now.

Mines kind of a terd. Doesnt work sometimes, and othertimes it seemed "dead"... feels like the trans is slipping or someting?

who knows. i got it tore down about 15 minutes ago, ready to paint it tomorrow.

SCORE.

Gloss black and a metal flake red roof.

28. Anderson

Anderson

Anybody have some Von Dutch Garage stickers for me???

Thank god this was so cheap....otherwise I might not be able to hack it up like so.

29. Jey

Jey

looks good dude!

i found that by blacking out the back of the grill with some black paint and a brush it makes it stand out more...

I'm currently toren in too 900 pieces.

It's going black with a candy red top.

If anyone wants a how-to on taking them apart i've got a tutoral in the works. It's kind of a bitch.

anyway, here's one of mine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Hasn't anybody left the hi performance front and rear spoilers on? :D

Anybody have any trouble with their charger? the LED won't light up on mine. I've stuck the battery in and plugged it in, hopefully it will still charge it.

I haven't torn it apart yet, I'm thinking of trying to adapt the Big Deuce mag wheels, if they are big enough.