Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Torque Fest 2011 - April 29-30th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, May 27, 2010.

1. If someone needs the room call me in the next 2 hrs ! 920 579 8780

2. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

I'm on my way. Gotta hook up the trailer and head East.

Jeff

3. hotrod34

hotrod34

leaving first thing in the morning. I want to be on the road by sun up.

4. RDO_23

RDO_23

a few of us are leaving first thing tomorrow morning - hoping to be there by 10:30 or 11:00

5. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I drove 600 miles, took 700 photos of cars, bikes, bus racing and bands. Friday of the 2011 Vintage Torque Fest was a blast! Thanks to the Oliver Built Group and the Los Punk Rods for hanging out today/tonight. Oh and Vintage Torque (John), Max Grundy & Nick Sinclair for bringing cool shirts that I couldn't leave without :)

See everyone tomorrow!

6. Whitetrash31

Whitetrash31
    from Illinois

Great show , good weather , badass bands , awsome cars , had the best hill top camping spot , now its time to just finish my car so i can have one more reason to got next year.... Thanks for a great show and see you next May 4-5

7. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Just got home. Fantastic show! Well done John...I will be back next year for sure.:D:D:D

8. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

We will let the others show the cars, here are some of the People.

The newest and youngest members of the cheaters after a bad night at one of the local pubs.

[​IMG]

Stevie D from Minnesota trying to back up his wagon, he finally got it straight after 3 tries.

[​IMG]

A sparsley attended meet & greet, it was a good thing though as there wasn't anymore room.

[​IMG]

If you buy a set of drive shaft headers from Salt Flat Matt at an event he will install them no charge.

[​IMG]

It was a great show and we will be back next year, the rain never happened and the temprature was just right.

Thanks John (Cool Stuff)

B:)B

9. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

A sparsley attended meet & greet, it was a good thing though as there wasn't anymore room.

[​IMG]

I don't know what I was doing at the time, but I missed it.

Had a great time at a great show. Thanks, John

10. PapaJ

PapaJ

Here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I was in turn 4 shooting pics of everyone that was taking laps on the track... I knew I forgot about something as I was out there!

Thanks for the pics Bob, great to see you as always!

12. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Got home safely today around 7:00! What a freakin blast-beat the rain and the sun came out so I didn't get soaked as I feared. It was the car's first shake-down and I am pleased NOTHING broke or fell off!!
    Great meeting everyone!

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  13. I missed all the fun but I hope to make it next year... I was in the hospital all week because of Rosetr's (Rosie's) operations

Awesme photo papaj!

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  14. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Holy crap PapaJ's photos freakin rock!!!!!!!!!!!

15. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Holy crap indeed! Great work PapaJ!

16. Yeah they are awesome, Had a great time this year, cant wait for next year already! Bob, you are a crazy mofo but so glad you came down with us, Glad the A did the trip so well man!

Brad

17. Dowies

Dowies

Night Security. Watching your ride while you sleep.

[​IMG]

18. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Me?? Man you guys were so cool-gotta party again! Ya gotta get over here for the 4th Street Cruise-I'll get you up to the front of the line cause I'm on the Cruise commitee!
    Had a blast-you rock!:eek:

19. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

great job john! we had a blast

20. Yes, a totally awesome show this year! Worked my but off for 3 1/2 days, but it was well worth the effort! Met a lot of new people and hang with afew when the time permitted! Missed another H.A.M.B. meet and greet.

21. Beau

Beau

That was very nice of them. Although there were some strange characters strolling around the parking lot early in the morning 3-4 a.m.)

It was a fun time. Not as many cars as I expected though. I assume that was due to the weather. No rain though! The wind was hell on tent camping and a fair number of tents were destroyed in the morning.

The bus racing and flat trackers were awesome, along with the Merc that spun out and ended up on the tires.

Great time and we will be back next year.

22. LuckyLily

LuckyLily
    from Milwaukee

Just a few photos from Vintage Torque 2

THANKS again John...great job!

Attached Files:

23. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Well I have to say I had a blast!! Thanks to everyone that stopped by my booth to say hello and to buy some cool art> I appreciate it!!
    I didn't have much of a chance to get out and check out most of the show but from what I saw on friday and sat it turned out great, weather and attendance!!
    John, you do an amazing job of putting on a great event. I will definitely be back next year with more new art!! Met a lot of new/cool people and had fun, thats what its about! Forget any nay-sayers, it is what you make of it!
    The auction went very smooth and raised good money for Hannah!

Thanks Bob -for purchasing my original art on the auction, I know you'll appreciate it!

24. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

I had a great time and I the weather was our friend. I liked the set-up this year a alot! John did an awseome job and I can't wait for next year. Oh, and the chops on a stick were fuckin RAD!

25. Philbones

Philbones
    from Illinois

Had a great time at the Vintage Torque Fest! It was obvious that a lot of effort and hard work went into this event. Lots of things to do all at the same time to entertain everyone. Great facility, great food, great selection of cars. Liked the VIP parking concept. Dirt track was a hoot to watch. Met some cool people. Loved the pre-event road run on Friday and the get together at the Bluff Lake restaurant. I haven't been to a Drive-In movie in ions. Liked the volunteer concept and there seemed to plenty of takers! so many cool vendors! One of the best events I ever attended and all for a very special cause! Already looking forward to next year's event. Thanks to all who had a hand in putting on such a great event!

26. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

27. Damn man, I want another pork chop now! The food this year was alot better than last year, shorter lines and lots of choices. Very good job John, venue is great and the town seemed to turn out in force to see your show.

28. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

I got to the meet & greet too late for the photo shoot but it was good to see a few of you. The trip up with the punk rods went smooth this year with no problems. Had a great time, thanks John.

29. Pontiac35

Pontiac35
    from Wisconsin

Another one that had a great time at TFII. I really want to look under that shiny metal Buick Special with the purple wheels, car handles like a race car on the dirt, and looks great doing it.

30. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Excellent show again this year. Due to having a booth, I didn't get outside much, but what I did see looked great. Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say 'Hey' or buy some of my crazy hot rod art. John, ya knocked it outta the park, man! Looking forward to next year!