Register now to get rid of these ads!

Our Thoughts & Prayers are With You Sharon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gemnewt, Apr 28, 2011.

1. [​IMG] Sharon's condition
    <hr style="color: rgb(229, 229, 229); background-color: rgb(229, 229, 229);" size="1"> As a member of our group the Steel Woody Wagons 49-54 and an Alliance Member, Leon asked me to post this.
    "Sorry this has taken so long to get back to you, been busy taking care of her. We have some very good friends on the HAMB that I may not have been able to get this info to, so if you would like to, please post the message below to the message board for me.
    Thanks, Leon"

Sharon was diagnosed with breast cancer in the first part of Feb. after having some problems while on a cruise to Panama. After all the trouble with insurance not wanting to approve anything, she finally started getting treatment. She's had three surgeries and is now receiving chemo every three weeks with additional treatments every week. She just completed the third round of full chemo and is doing fairly well. After the sixth round of chemo she will have at least one more surgery and reconstruction along with an expected five weeks of radiation treatments. Most of everything else has been put on hold as we do what is necessary to get her better. Hopefully we'll be able to return to car shows next year and get her out of the house for more than treatments.

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I've known Leon and Sharon for over 10 years. Under the words "hard-core" in the dictionary is a photo of them in their T-bucket which they have driven across country more times then I can count. If anyone has the strength and courage to not only fight this but kick it's ass, it's Sharon. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy and painfree as possible recovery. Love you guys!

Sharon and Leon on the right with George AKA PurplePickup on the left. 2009 during Speed Week at B'ville.
    [​IMG]

2005 when Sharon and Leon drove all the way into Pomona from their place in the desert just to say hi to me and Big Olds when we rolled into town for the Asphalt Ego-Rama.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Me and Ladyshifter gives her and her family best wishes and a full recovery.

4. DirtyEd

DirtyEd
    from Dallas Ga.

I watched my mom go through the same thing.My thoughts and prayers are with you.

5. Mrs. Grits and I wish you a speedy recovery and you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Get well soon.

6. Both my wife and my daughter in law have gone through this and they are surviving and doing well, so don't give up hope. The chemo and radiation are not fun but they are extending lives every day.

7. mlagusis

mlagusis

praying for you guys during this difficult time.

8. Thoughts , prayers n best wishes for a speedy recovery from way down here .

9. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Seems like we all know someone that has been affected by cancer....

My wife kicked Non-Hodgkins ass.....

Another cancer patient that my wife made friends with put it best (I thought):

"If you survive that means you just scraped through.....You don't want to scrape through a fight....you want to WIN, not just survive....but no holds barred, friggen WIN....and thats what I intend to do"

Best of luck in Sharrons fight of a lifetime....thats one worth winning.

10. Postive Vibes being sent your way. My Mother in Law is a 3 time survivor of this horrible disease. Try to stay positive and strong!!

11. Prayers for Sharon and family

12. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

Sharon,
    As one who has been there and done that (four time neck cancer survivor) I want you to know you can do this. It won't be easy, but who said fighting for your life was easy, but you can do it. My prayers are with you. Be strong and turn to your faith in this time of need. It plays a big role in battles such as these. May the Lord carry you on the days you don't feel like walking.
    Dan

13. Thoughts and prayers from Montana. A family member was told to get her affairs in order and given a few months..... by the Lords grace and the doctors hand that was 6+ years ago

14. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. My wife went through Breast cancer over five years ago and its hard on BOTH of you. God bless!

15. fonti

fonti

my mom had the same...all the best and don't forget: think positive!!

16. fleet-master

fleet-master

my Mum went throught it too.....she's still here and doin well years later!! Makes you appreciate whats important ...children and grandkids are right up there

17. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Sorry to hear this. Me and my wife Karen will have you in our thoughts and prayers! Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

18. landa

landa
    from california

many prayers coming your way.
    GOD BLESS.

19. torino_Joe

torino_Joe

Thoughts and prayers go out to you guys.From me n the boys in Fresno.

20. Glo (a cancer survivor) and I send our prayers for strength, courage and victory. I look forward to the day our paths cross again. God Bless.

21. Our prayers are with you and Sharon. My wife is on the Board of Directors at our American Cancer Society. My wifes bank and her staff has won its 5th straight in a row award last week at the Relay for Life event here in Florida. Believe me our family, and thousands like ours here in South Florida, are helping families like yours with support and prayer. GOD BLESS YOU SHARON. TR :D

22. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Maggie & I are praying for you Sharon, Hang in there Leon, it'll get better with the help of the prayers from the HAMB.

B:)B

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm sorry to say the news isn't good.....Sharon is in Hospice now:(

From Leon

She's in the hospital after a 5 month battle with breast cancer. Within the last week she has had a lot of problems and they have found the cancer spread to the brain in too many places and too fast to treat. In the last few days she has gotten weaker and is now minimally responsive. I can get some response out of her if a question is worded properly, and she can move her lips to kiss me. Yesterday she was talking and understood what was going on, today there's very little. She is not in any pain and is calm, she has accepted the fact that she is dying. She was able to express her wishes to the doctors yesterday. She made my life what it was, I'm not sure what I'm going to do now.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  24. As the husband of a cancer survivor, we send our prayers, hopes and encourgement. Cancer can be defeated. Vicky is walking, talking proof.

25. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

that just makes me cry! my family is praying for you guys!

26. Gman0046

Gman0046

Prayers for Sharon and family sent.

27. I pray for the best and God's guidance for her and all that she has touched in her life...

28. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

Prayers going out from my wife and myself.

29. Thoughts and prayers sent for Sharon, Leon and family.

Steve

30. ratster

ratster

Leon, I'm sorry. I went threw it 10 years ago with my wife, she lost her battle. Be strong and remember she wont be in anymore pain. I'll be praying for you all.