Register now to get rid of these ads!

my garage find 28 roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tuki, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Its Reet! Nice work! Now take the ol'feller for a rip!

-Shiny

2. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Umm, the old feller is R.I.P. Guess you missed that post, eh?

3. NOTCH

NOTCH

Congrats Man! it looks way cool.

4. shoestring

shoestring

Brilliant execution! I love your roadster.

5. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

6. tuki

tuki

thanks alot guys..its great to get to the point of riding in it..the Edmunds head leaked.well one did real bad.it had a crack that i had repaired and it still leaked.so i have to get them machined someday.

7. Nice car! How lucky you to find it.

8. This came up nice, and the flathead was a great choice.
    Just think its a shame you used a 32 grill shell, but still love it anyway.

9. tuki

tuki

Ready for the Showdown

Attached Files:

10. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

you sould be proud,that is real neat!

11. tuki

tuki

thanks alot..yeah first hotrod build was a neat time..alot of help from my Dad..and some good friends

12. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

checked out your roadster at the showdown,bad ass car, one of my favorites there

13. Mart

Mart

The car came out looking great - Shame the Old Fella didn't get to see it driving again. Do you think his widow would like to see it? That would be neat if it is what she wants.

Mart.

14. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Dave & I Checked out your roadster at the showdown, looks great, I am glad you made it.

15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow! Congrats Tuki!

Headin' down the road in any awesome roadster such as yours, would give a guy an excellent sense of nostagia and history. But maaaaaan...knowing the kindness Herman showed you, and the help you got from your dad and friends to make this possible, must make it that much more special when you're behind the wheel. So cool...lots of meaning there. Happy for you. I hope you have a fun and memorable hot rod season.

Kinda hopin' you keep the roadster 'til you can't drive it anymore too...

16. Tuki:

Saw you and your dad blasting through Winchester two weeks back. I was leaving the swap at Jim Barrnet Park and passed you guys in downtown .................. Roadster looks great and your dad's '33 is the BOMB!!! Killer job of both cars.

Didn't see you at the Showdown ................. We never left or vendor spot.

See you around

Jay

17. Pinewood

Pinewood

Man it was cool meeting you and seeing your car in person this weekend! Hope you got back okay with your radiator issues. Couple of shots I took Friday night- Stefan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Great job, GREAT car, had a chance to see it at the showdown. One of my favorites for sure!

19. jay7262

jay7262

That's a good shot with you and the prior owner, your happy with the car and he's happy that it got a good home with a group of guys that keeps it old skool, He's looking down on you and the car and grinning ear to ear. See you at the shop sometime.

20. jay7262

jay7262

Awesome job matching up the patina and aged look, timeless

21. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Tuki great thread and really glad you got a car you obviously love to bits. You've done the old guy proud, hats off to you. Did you ever get around to showing the old boys wife the car?

All the best Dan

22. tuki

tuki

hey thanks everyone..man i havent checked this since before the showdown..i have well over a 1000 miles on it im sure.i had a new core put in the rad after the showdown.that was the ticket.i still have a few things to do of course as thats hotrodding.i want to change the ringgear over the winter and get the vibration out if the front..but man its such a great time riding with my wife in it..im gona try to get over to Hermans this fall to see his wife.id love for her to see it