Register now to get rid of these ads!

ALL DEUCES RUN 2011 ... date is set June, 4, 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

2. 3 Deuces

3 Deuces

That is the wife and I in that blue 3W. We are really looking forward to making this run again in 2011. I might drive one of the DEUCE sedans, just to drive something different.

[​IMG]

3. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Got it marked on my calendar.

4. You already know I'm gonna be there.

This is by far my favorite driving event and I look forward to seeing everybody again this year. HRP

[​IMG]

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

We'll be having our breakfast just 15 minutes away if anybody is interested and I'll head back to see you guys off again. Cool stuff.

6. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Making plans to drive up again this year. Randy, are you going to have the entire population of Blowing Rock line the main drag to welcome us again this year when we pass through town? That was a nice touch last year.

Lee

7. terry48435

terry48435

Wish I could be there. I'm leaving on a 2 week bike trip the last week in May. We'll be in the area around then. Maybe I'll run unto you guys. It's the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, will probably be a lot of tourists.Better get reservations for rooms early.

8. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Does this year come with a no rain guarantee so I can leave my top in the motel room? I must admit, last year you did keep the rain away until after the cruise was over.

[​IMG]

Speaking of motels, I'll be making a reservaion in the next few days. Anybody else coming from out of town that's going to need one??

Lee

9. Lee,send me a PM and tell me where you guys are staying,Brenda and I talked about driving up Friday afternoon if we can get one of the employees to cover for us. HRP

10. 'Working to get mine redone by the 3rd of June. It's going to be damn close...here's where I was about 3 weeks ago. It's at the painters now, still got a bunch more to do when the painter gets done.

[​IMG]

11. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

The town is usually full of tourists ... that weekend so it is possible that the streets will be crowed with folks.

Out of the ten or more years we have been doing this ALL DEUCES RUN ... we have only had a little bad weather twice. A few years ago, it was a light rain before the RUN but it stopped after the first 10/15 minutes and turned off pretty. Last year, the rain did not come until we were headed over to the cruise night in Mooresville NC. :)

[​IMG]

We had planned on driving the 32 roadster because it had been on every one of the Deuce Runs ... but the wife's better sense prevailed and she wanted to drive the 3W ... the roof sure did come it handy. I think this year we are taking BOTH the roadster and the 3W :)

12. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Bump to the top.

Made a motel reservation for Friday night on the other side of I-77 from where the Deuce Run starts. Should be handy for the run and for breakfast with the Iron Lords Saturday morning. We are at the Sleep Inn & Suites Lake Norman. 16508 Northcross Drive, Hunterville, NC. If any other out-of-towners are coming in let me know and maybe we can get together Friday night.

Lee

13. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Jeffrey,

I sincerely hope your wife and BABY get better. You need a excorism or something at your place. I know the baby has been sick almost since birth and now your wife broke her foot ??

Hoping things turn around for you and yours :D :D

Randy

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Everything is all good Deuce. The baby had a complication with his bladder when he was born but has been doing really well since last year. We were in the hospital last week for him to get his final surgery to correct the issue once any for all so we were actually looking forward to it. Now my wife's foot? Well that's just a little hiccup and she's fine.

In all actuality I could not see myself having a better or more blessed life. So yeah you bet your ass I'll be there at the parking lot with a big cup of coffee to see you guys off!!!

I appreciate it more then you know though.

15. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry Randy,---Can't be there!---Take some pix!!---Don

16. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I love your burgandy sedan :D

[​IMG]

17. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Due to technical difficulties beyond our control (not the roadster), I'm sorry to say that Lynda and I will not be having a big time with the rest of y'all at the Deuce Run. Have fun and post lots of pics.

Lee

18. I plan on being there,,HRP

19. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

What a BUMMER ... was looking forward to seeing you and the MRS on the run. We had talked off getting a Motel on Friday night so we would be close on Saturday morning.

See you some where down the highway :)

[​IMG]

20. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

As "Grandadeo" has stated, barring any technical difficulties, I should be there. I know my buddy Butch Henderson was there a couple years ago so I sez to myself, why not. Don't expect a flashy Vicky, just a well used Vicky!!!
    IMG_1225.JPG

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  21. I would love to, but won't be able to make it!!! Dang old bummer man. Thanks for the invite Randy. Ya'll have fun, can't wait to see the pictures.

22. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Butch and his son Brock have said that they plan on being here for the 2011 All Deuces Run :) :D

23. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Got the tank back in and the Jag rearend back together so we're good to go. It still has a mysterious oil leak but it's not real bad so it can wait.

Tudor bummer you can't make it, It was cool seeing your coupe run at steel in motion tho.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  24. I've busting my butt to get mine back together on a new chassis. 'Ain't gonna make it. I still have too many details to cover and time, alas, is marching on. I may try to show up for lunch. You all have fun!

25. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Connected with them and we are staying same motel Friday night. Good time will be had for sure!

26. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Well.. My deuce is not done, not even close.. Been out of town working too much lately..

I'll plan to either see you off or see you at the top.

27. I went to a show in Hartwell ,Georgia and stuffed some fliers in the Deuces that were in attendance.

Harry showed up at Micky D's monthly cruise in and was passing out fliers also. HRP

28. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Thanks ... to HRP and Harry for passing out the flyers. :)

This ALL DEUCES RUN to Blowing Rock NC is shaping up to be one of the best yet. We have done this for all least 10 years or more. We skipped 2004 ( my Dad died :( ) but for this to be a low key, no registration, no fees type of driving event ... it seems to grow almost every year.

Just a bunch of DEUCE owners, getting together and doing a little day trip via the Blue Ridge Parkway ... having lunch and having fun.

IF ... your DEUCE is not running/driving ( or you just like Deuces ;) ) feel free to meet up at the starting point or the Canyons Resturant where we end up at and talk about Deuces , look at a Deuces and hang out with the Deuce folks.

:D :) :eek:

29. ratrod0

ratrod0

I'm planning on going. If my dad fills up to it will drive my car.

30. ratrod0

ratrod0

What do I punch in the GPS for a address