Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anyone ever used Eddie Barrett Seat Co.?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ladams4hdz, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Ladams4hdz

Ladams4hdz

Has anyone ever used Eddie Barrett Seat Co. before? I was just wondering about his reputation and shipping. Like if you pay for something, has he never shipped it? it is a shame because his bomber seats are pretty nice for the price.

2. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I think this is the guy I purchased a pair of bomber seats from a couple of years back.

Decent product and I did receive the seats, but it was a concerning deal as I had to wait ages for him to get his act together shipping wise.

Good luck.

3. -Brent-

-Brent-

I've never heard of him... but Googled him and found the following.

Someone posted a negative review on Yahoo. It's his only, too.

Looks like he may have changed his name at one point too... here's another post.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011

4. Gee....some interesting reading...sounds fishy to me....I would go to a different seat vendor....

5. Ladams4hdz

Ladams4hdz

I just heard from him and again, One more week is the word. i talked him into accepting a credit card for my security and i may have to go to my bank for the ole refund. atleast i will only be out time and not money on this deal. thanks for adding comments to this page.

6. sgtbeaver

sgtbeaver

i'm currently waiting on seats as well i wonder if our stories are the same, he told me he was out of the material for a month or so and now i've been told they were going to arrive for the past 2 weeks and every time they don't i'm told i'll have them the following week.

7. sgtbeaver

sgtbeaver

just got off the phone with Eddie we spoke and one seat is done and i'll recieve tracking tomorrow so i can get it fitted and keep moving along with the vehicle.

i keep wanting to make exuses for this guy, his product looks great and it's going to fit great in the vehicle i'm building. here's one exuse....i hate dealing with my engine guy during the summer months for the fact that he's swamped and i want to believe that's the same case in this situation for Ed.

i'll keep this posting updated of the out come.

8. Ladams4hdz

Ladams4hdz

Well going to the bank to get my my refund had worked because by him receiving notice of funds being returned he all the sudden sent my seats out. it sucks that a person has to go through this just to receive merchandise that was paid for. the seats are not bad but if you order ant from Eddie, i would suggest useing Paypal or some sort of credit card. NEVER A MONEY ORDER!

9. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

I will add that I have no personal experience with him but 3 of the seats on his website are actually from another company that I know to be the only company to make that style and I wouldn't be surprised if the rest are as well.

10. sgtbeaver

sgtbeaver

I will add that I have no personal experience with him but 3 of the seats on his website are actually from another company that I know to be the only company to make that style and I wouldn't be surprised if the rest are as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

so whats the other companies name?

update i've got a tracking number for one seat so i can mock things up he's going to finish up the other one get it shipped out with in a day or so,,,,, i hope

11. mdarko

mdarko
    from Portland

Yes! He's pretty much a compulsive liar! He cashed a personal check of mine for $889.00 back in December of 2010! And Yes! Like everyone else never received anything! I am working on having him shut down! Things we need to do to shut him down are: File a Complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General, File a complaint with the Resident State Trooper of Durham Connecticut. (Trooper Peter DiGioia). Also post article on (Rip Off Report)! Leave a contact for me that I can reach you at! I will do all the leg work!

12. ricksherl

ricksherl

yes , he stole from me as well . same story given to me as everyone is saying. he is a flat out theif and liar