Register now to get rid of these ads!

new old guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MikesIron, Apr 28, 2011.

1. MikesIron

MikesIron
    from Union, OR

Hey guys (or should probably say folks -- any ladies here 'bouts?) ----

I've been wrenchin' old stuff for over 40 years -- American & European & motorcycles (mostly Harleys, but not exclusively), as well as blacksmithing. Let myself get sucked into a desk gig some time back, and put most of this off to the side as an 'avocation', getting to it mostly on weekends and evenings -- at best. If I could do it over, I wouldn't have made that choice! But here I am, retired from the 'system', and back in the shop on a daily, full-time basis. Breath deep, it's all good, nothing is wasted. I've got a lot of years yet to do what I love...

My current project is a '57 Chev 3100 p/u. Belonged to my wife's dad, and before that to the US Navy, as an ordinance officer's patrol truck. Low useage, and all in northern Nevada (yeah, believe it or not, the Navy had an ordinance depot up there!), so it's pretty straight and clean. Hope to have it done by mid-summer: MII front end, 12-bolt Chev rear end, lowered 'a bit', 350 & 700R4, etc. Lookin' forward to feelin' this baby under me!!!

Good to be here...
    Mike

2. Welcome from central Iowa!

3. T-rev

T-rev

Welcome from Wyoming

4. Welcome from Michigan.