Register now to get rid of these ads!

1964 acadian beaumont ~ your projects?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Willys 77, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Willys 77

Willys 77
    from up north

Canadian Pontiac A ~ Body :cool: for Pontiac Buick GMC Dealers to sell; corresponded to the Chevelle that Chevy Olds dealers sold. Anybody working on them? :) Lets see your photos! :) "PONTIACIZED" Trim and interiors on the Chevelle Body Shell ~ they are pretty cool. ;)

2. Most of us know what an acadian is. Let's see yours.

3. Polara Pat

Polara Pat

You'de be surprised. Most Americans don't even realize there is a different country below Alaska.

Unfortunately I have no pics of early Acadians but there is a pretty nice '66 survivor around my town with a Pontiac 327 in it. As usual it doesn't get driven often or hard enough.

4. I actually haven't seen a lot of old ones myself. Quite a few of the later '60s or earlier '70s one's made it down this way. The ones that looked like a Nova hatchback.

I have always been interested in detriot iron that was built outside of the US borders, so I mistakenly assume that everyone knows what they are.

5. Polara Pat

Polara Pat

Well then, not to skewer this thread too much here's my Canadian Poncho, as seen in my avatar but in big. '63 Parisienne with a factory boxed X-frame (as they all came with up here) Chevy power train, mine would have had a 283 and still sports the power glide.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Pat;good to see you here as well! Another funhouse with great characters and history to be found.

My adoptive mother's family came from the Hull,Quebec area,so I was exposed to Acadians at an early age-like the early Sixties. Sorry,no pics,though.

I'm pretty sure that there's an Historical society dedicated to these unique vehicles.

7. Nice Poncho. It just amazes me that a lot of the stuff that is built outside of our borders is built beefier than what we peddle here.

8. bob-o

bob-o

Sorry to hi jack, but Polara Pat, I've been dying to see some large pics of your Poncho. Killer!

9. Polara Pat

Polara Pat

I'm sure that both sides of the auto manufacturing sector were collaborating on these cars but the designs and engineering probably came from the States. Then, just like hot rodding, the Canadian side took a good idea and made it a bit different and sometimes a little better.

This reminds me that my friend has a half finished Acadian Canso in his barn. I think I need to take my camera on an adventure. And maybe some $$.

10. If you have some dollars I do have a birthday comming up. You may not have many more chances to get me something. :D

Yes do the camera at least, I would like to get a look at it.

11. Polara Pat

Polara Pat

12. Willys 77

Willys 77
    from up north

The Beaumont A Body was built from 1964 through 1969 ONLY! I only mentioned the 1964 because of the '64 cutoff year here on the hamb. Thought that my other post had been deleted (assumed?) as it mentioned 1965 ~ 1969. A friend drove a 1959 Meteor to California in about 1970 and traded it on a '55 Ford Coupe cause the Cal Guy was enamored with the Meteor Four Door Hardtop and the "different" Grille, Trim etc.

When I get my photos together, I'll post them. Like Pat said: "Not everyone knows what they are - as they were manufactured south of Alaska and north of the 49th." Just like "our" Dodge; Plymouth; Fargo and Mercury;Monarch and Meteor; Ford products ~ IT IS DIFFERENT up here!

:rolleyes: Me, personally, I try not to "ASS U ME" anything! :eek:

13. So you are admitting to being an ass? I usually do but don't meet to many other folks that even know that they are. That makes you alright in my book.

If I could have any Canadian vehicle I would like to get my hands on a 46-48 Dodge Pickup. The front sheet metal was way sweeter than the southern counterpart.

Hey clear something up for me. In the early '30s there was a plymouth pickup manufactured. I have only seen one in my lifetime. Someone told me that they were a Canadian product like the merc pickup was a canadian product. Is that true?

14. Canuck

Canuck

Beaumont had distinctive trim on the sides, anodised aluminum same as the Chevelles. Grill and rear trim was all die cast (very hard to find good ones and not repro-ed. Metal part of dash was same as a Le-mans/GTO, plastic part was unique. Running gear same as Canadian Chevelle. (Canadian Chevelles have differences from US versions).

Lots of parts shared with Canadian/US Chevelle/LeMans/GTO etc. Have a friend that is just finishing a high end 64 GTO convert and has been digging thru my spare parts for my Canadian 64 Chevelle Malibu. Won't let him forget his GTO is a hybred 64 Malibu:D.

Polara Pat's sweet Pontiac is closer to a US Chev than a US Pontiac, same size and similar running gear with different fenders/ trim etc.

The pic of the 47 and 64 Malibu were taken after I had sold the 47 and got the Malibu on the road. The 64 is my current ride till I get the A on the road.:cool:

Canuck

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  15. Willys 77

Willys 77
    from up north

Not aware of ANY Plymouth Manufactured Pickup made in Canada. That doesn;t mean there wasn't ??? I have never heard of one. Canada's "Chrysler & Plymouth" Dealers had the "FARGO" to sell ~ a Badge Engineered Dodge Truck~ It would "GO FAR" (ther) than the comparable Dodge on an Imperial Gallon of Petrol!